KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Current Employee, more than 8 years

More than just a job

Jul 18, 2019 - Seattle Regional Manager in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I've had the great fortune to work at Family Resource Home Care since 2005. The company provides comprehensive compensation and leadership training as well as, and perhaps more importantly, extremely meaningful work. Each day you touch the lives of families in need and find them a solution to their individual situation. You can't ask for anything better.

Cons

I have not experienced a downside to working at Family Resource.

1 person found this review helpful

Director of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We focus quite a bit on creating a great opportunities, delivering on fantastic benefits and enabling a healthy work/life balance. I am glad to hear that focus is reflected in your experience.

2. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great Company

Aug 17, 2021 - Certified Nursing Assistant CNA in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very considerate of both clients and workers

Cons

You may have to work with several different liners each day

1 person found this review helpful

CHRO

Thank you for your feedback! Respect is one of our core values and we are so glad you had that experience! It is true that sometimes you have to work with multiple clients each day. Generally most clients start off needing us periodically and it may progress to more hours as they progress in their care needs. Some caregivers seem to like the variety and ability to help more clients in a day. Some prefer long hours with their client. That's what is great about home care is that if you give us enough time, we are usually able to find the right fit for you! Thank you!

3. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Well-meaning staff but disorganized

Jul 19, 2021 - Senior Caregiver in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great pay, intriguing and diverse clients, caregiver’s choice to continue with client after first contact, cheerful staff, convenient location, accurate accounting and paying of hours.

Cons

Out-of-date client bio’s-further along in clients’ dementia and mobility issues than stated or promised, inadequate assessment of clients’ living conditions, including hoarders, clients with undetected, sometimes dangerous conditions ignored by staff.

CHRO

Thank you for your feedback. We never want our care providers going into the home unprepared. I will share this feedback with the office.

4. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

I would keep working here if I weren’t moving

Apr 14, 2020 - Caregiver, CNA in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very flexible hours, you can essentially select the clients you see based on your personal preferences- for example, someone that needs help bathing or companionship, excellent place to work if you’re in school, very kind staff and easy to get in touch with when needed.

Cons

There are some clients that require more care that is physically demanding and can strain your lower back over time. However, you can also decline to see that client again if need be. Unfortunately the pay isn’t great- it’s above minimum wage but doesn’t pay for the amount of physical work that you put in but I feel like this would be found at any company working in this capacity.

Director of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your very thoughtful review! Thank you for recognizing the opportunities you’ve had with FRHC, especially for those who require a flexible work schedule. I appreciate your feedback and ideas on how we can improve in regards to our mileage reimbursement program. If you would like to connect directly please reach out to me at elizabetho@familyrhc.com . With our commitment to creating the best employee experience possible we will continue to improve and appreciate your input in doing so!

5. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Company needs to get with the times

Jan 9, 2021 - Client Care Supervisor in Bellevue, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I honestly can not tell you anything positive.

Cons

No work life balance. Very low if you do receive an annual raises. Company does not pay competitive wages. New management trying to hold on to the reputation of a company that no longer exists.

CHRO

Thank you for your feedback. We recognize that there are definite challenges to running a 24/7 business. Our clients and caregivers need support at all hours. We are working to optimize the newly implemented Customer Service Center to allow branch staff to have strong work-life balance. And trying to encourage our leadership to model good work-life balance to encourage our staff to do the same, which is tough for such a passionate group of people! We've also added another CCS in Bellevue in hopes to relieve some pressure and implement resource sharing to offer more help. As for your comments regarding wages, since you are a current employee, please speak to your supervisor to clarify any questions and/or concerns regarding our compensation structure. We recently made some changes to our compensation philosophy that we hoped would address concerns regarding annual raises. We would love to hear more about your concerns and have a chance to explain if there were any factors missed. We hope to hear more from you and be able to better address your feedback!

6. 3.0
    Former Employee

Great Leadership Team

Dec 4, 2020 - Sales Manager in Tacoma, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Growing company, experienced Managers, values

Cons

Lack of training for new management. Lack of written policies and procedures to support management. Each branch has the discretion to make decisions. Unfortunately, if you reach out for guidance, then make a decision based on your understanding could lead to unsatisfactory reviews.

CHRO

Thank you for your feedback! We recognize that best practice training and documentation is something we could improve upon. Therefore, we've made it one of our 6 strategic focuses for 2021. Documenting out best practices and training to such procedures will be something we put in place soon. Thanks for the honesty!

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

I love working here!

Jul 16, 2019 - CHIEF MARKETING OFFICER in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The most thoughtful, kind, hardworking staff. People who work here do so because they have a passion for our mission of serving seniors and those in need with personal care. Small enough to feel initimate, yet large enough to be sophisticated. I'm happy every day coming to work.

Cons

Finding the perfect balance between the right number of clients and the right number of caregivers at the right time can be challenging! Our team puts together puzzles every day to ensure we can match the needs of our clients.

Director of Talent Acquisition

Thanks for taking the time to post this great review! We are glad you enjoy the amazing leadership and our focus on mission-driven work. We are happy to have you on our team.

8. 4.0
    Current Freelancer, more than 1 year

Great flexible hours

Oct 23, 2019 - Caregiver, CNA in Bellevue, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great office staff flexible hours sweet clients

Cons

The longer shift you work the less pay you get, very difficult to make more than a certain amount

Director of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to write your review and for the thoughtful detail on your advice. Happy to hear about your positive experiences with management and clients. As you experienced, pay for shifts can vary based on the needs of the client. This was put into place to ensure that caregivers who take on more psychically demanding shifts are compensated with additional pay. A priority for us going into 2020 is clear, proactive communication and transparent messaging on the “why” behind the shift pay structures. Thank you for your feedback and please reach out to my directly with any questions. elizabetho@familyrhc.com

9. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great mission and efforts to deliver

Jan 18, 2015 - CNA in Tacoma, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible hours, legitimate company and mission statements, genuinely want to help clients. Great at trying to match personalities with C/G and client.

Cons

No promotions, no real pay incentives or shift differentials, no interactions with other employees unless one really needs it.

5 people found this review helpful
  10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Excellent CNA job, with good pay and flexible schedule.

May 19, 2019 - CNA in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexibility, understanding boss, good pay

Cons

Not enough opportunity for longer shifts. There are many more shorter shifts available, which can make it difficult to get enough hours sometimes.

Director of Talent Acquisition

Glad to hear you're enjoying the work and the overall culture and environment. Employees like you are what makes FRHC a wonderful place to work!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 35 Reviews