Family & Cosmetic Gentle Dentistry Reviews | Glassdoor

Family & Cosmetic Gentle Dentistry Reviews

Found 39 reviews

4.2
Dr. Robert Bodin
  1. "Billing Specialist / Office Manager"

Former Employee - Billing Specialist in Spring Park, MN

I worked at Family & Cosmetic Gentle Dentistry full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Great working environment, loved working here for the past 4 years. Everyone at Gentle Dentistry are very welcoming and kind individuals. Great company to work for that shows appreciation to their employees and hard work.

Cons

The state clinics here at Gentle Dentistry might have a bad rep and some bad Google reviews in the past. Due to unappreciative patients that don't value a good service, and want everything in life given to them hands down.

Advice to Management

Thanks for giving me the opportunities to grow and learn. For the last 4 years of experience. Will forever be grateful. Keep believing in individuals and giving them those chances to prove themselves.

November 12, 2018Gentle Dentistry Team Relations Dept

Thank you for your review! We have been especially grateful for you over the years, and are happy to see you take another role that will continue on your path of growth. Thank you for your dedication to our team and we wish you the very best in everything you do!

2. "Not the best, not the worst"

I worked at Family & Cosmetic Gentle Dentistry full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Your co-workers will be the BEST thing about this job. Pay/benefits were fair for the area.

Cons

Yikes..where to begin? The schedules are JAM packed due to being mostly a medicaid clinic. Patients are rude and ungrateful. Equipment was old and outdated, and often times we would run out of masks/gloves.

Advice to Management

Way too many cooks in the kitchen when it comes to management. Hardly ever did we get any guidance when it came down to operating at a clinic level. I understand to make a profit you need to make the schedules full but to what extent? Upgrades are desperately needed.

December 6, 2018Gentle Dentistry Team Relations Dept

Thank you for your feedback, and we are sorry to hear your experience working for us did not meet your expectations. We listen to our staff and would have appreciated an opportunity to talk to you about your concerns while you were employed with us for better understanding of the ...

"I LOVE WORKING HERE!"

Current Employee - LDA in Alexandria, MN

I have been working at Family & Cosmetic Gentle Dentistry full-time for more than a year

Pros

The environment that I work in is very friendly and relaxed. My coworkers make each day fun coming to work. I have never had such great management in a workplace. I am extremely happy with the pay and benefits that come with this position. You won't regret coming to work for this amazing company :)

Cons

Sometimes I feel that I care about the patient's teeth more than the patient does.

October 8, 2018Gentle Dentistry Team Relations Dept

Thank you for the review! We are really glad to hear your experience at Alexandria has been so great. Brooke is a great manager and we are so lucky to have had her for 9+ years. Keep up the good work Alexandria team!

4. "Best Place Ever <3"

Current Employee - Billing Specialist in Spring Park, MN

I have been working at Family & Cosmetic Gentle Dentistry for more than a year

Pros

Really Great work environment. I love my team. It makes coming to work such a pleasant experience. I love how much this Group cares about our patients and each other. I am proud to be part of Family and Cosmetic Gentle Dentistry.

Cons

I guess I can't think of one ...Is that 5 words?

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. You all work so hard and it is greatly appreciated.

October 8, 2018Gentle Dentistry Team Relations Dept

Thank you for the review! We really care about our staff and are glad you are able to see that come through in the way we treat people. We are grateful for all the staff on the billing team. Thanks for all your contributions to making Gentle Dentistry shine!

5. "Financial Coordinator - Hutchinson Office"

Current Employee - Financial Coordinator in Hutchinson, MN

Pros

Great office atmosphere Friendly co-workers Supportive management/HR Fair wage Good PTO amount Clean work environment

Cons

Extremely tight schedule for patients (wish more clinics in area took state insurance plans) - Causes moderate stress Due to the nature of the job, may sometimes be shouted at over the phone (insurance coverage, tooth pain induced anger, etc.)

September 24, 2018Gentle Dentistry Team Relations Dept

Thank you for the review of Gentle Dentistry! We appreciate having you on our team.

6. "Dental Hygienist"

I worked at Family & Cosmetic Gentle Dentistry full-time

Pros

I have no pros for this company. I believe the reviews being posted lately are company endorsed. They look too good.....front desk and 5stars? What front desk job would you ever give 5 stars and then end your review with people call yelling at you?!?! Not a normal thing ....patients may be upset or in pain but never had a patient yell at me in over 8 years........this say tons about the entire company.

Cons

Poor upper management, poor office management. I worked in several offices throughout metro area. It was the worst experience of my hygiene career. Equipment wasnt working or very dated also daily schedule is jam packed due to them taking mnsure options. Production goals are impossible to reach seeing several state patients daily. Then they say its just a goal......welp if the goal is unobtainable it may not be...

Advice to Management

Called upper manangement about office problems and cliquey girls who were very condescending and just in general hard to work with. Nothing was done. Also then called Charlie with my concerns and he disregarded them also and nothing changed. I seriously hope the cooperate side has been re staffed. I often see them trying to fill hygiene positions through temp companies. I refuse to take any shifts for these reasons....

September 25, 2018Gentle Dentistry Team Relations Dept

Thank you for the review of Gentle Dentistry. We are always open to feedback on how we can continue to ensure a positive work environment for staff. All reviews that are posted are honest reviews from employees. We also conduct 30, 60 and 120 day retrospectives for new hires to address ...

7. "Gentle Dentistry is a great place to work"

Current Employee - Financial Coordinator in Coon Rapids, MN

Pros

Everyone here is nice and helpful which makes going to work enjoyable , very team oriented business!

Cons

I don't have any cons of Gentle Dentistry

July 30, 2018Gentle Dentistry Team Relations Dept

Thank you for your positive review of Gentle Dentistry! We are happy to hear things have been going well for you at Coon Rapids! Keep up the good work!

8. "Dental hygienist"

Former Employee - Dental Hygienist in Shakopee, MN

I worked at Family & Cosmetic Gentle Dentistry full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Wonderful group of people at all levels. Very caring for the staff and truly want the best for everyone. Loved my team!

Cons

Only con was that some weeks, in order to get full time hours, I would need to go to other locations.

July 23, 2018Gentle Dentistry Team Relations Dept

Thank you for your review of Gentle Dentistry! We appreciate the years you have given us and you will definitely be missed by your team at Shakopee. We wish you the absolute best in your new endeavors!

9. "gentle dentistry"

• Overall

Pros

Love the people I work with and love my location!

Cons

wish I lived in the area for a better commute ;)

July 28, 2018Gentle Dentistry Team Relations Dept

Thank you for your review of Gentle Dentistry! Commute is always hard, we definitely understand how that could be tough but we are so glad to hear you love your coworkers and location. If there is anything we can do on our end to change this 4 star review into 5 stars and an overall ...

10. "A Good Place and Good People"

I have been working at Family & Cosmetic Gentle Dentistry full-time

Pros

The Employees are a good group of people. I have honestly not met a single bad apple. Management is professional, and forward thinking. Positive culture.

Cons

Drive time is a bit excessive but worth it.

Advice to Management

Keep it up for the most part. CE should be a top priority at all levels. Schedule some group activities that are purely social .

June 14, 2018Gentle Dentistry Team Relations Dept

Thank you for your positive review of Gentle Dentistry! We would love to add more social group activities to help each clinic team bond together. If you have any ideas for social events please don't hesitate to share them with your Office Manager so we can work on putting them into ...

Found 39 reviews