Family & Cosmetic Gentle Dentistry Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "dental hygienist"

Current Employee - Dental Hygienist in New Hope, MN
    Current Employee - Dental Hygienist in New Hope, MN

I have been working at Family & Cosmetic Gentle Dentistry part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people to work with.

Cons

Some times late hours, and sometimes have to travel from clinic to clinic. Overall worth it.

Advice to Management

Keep on keeping on

"If you are here reading the negative reviews - please read my experience."

I have been working at Family & Cosmetic Gentle Dentistry full-time

Pros

After my first interview for Gentle Dentistry I was so excited and ready to be a part of the team. I started researching the company a little more and that's when I found Glassdoor and read all the negative reviews here. I was called in for a second interview and wasn't sure how to feel. Finding some courage I talked about the reviews in the interview and HR was honest and spoke with me about some of the situations associated with them. I decided to take a giant leap of faith and accept the position with Gentle Dentistry. And believe me I'm so glad I did. Since then this is the best company I have worked for. Management has done a lot to change the culture here and they really care about their people and the environment they work in. Maybe there was a point in time where Gentle Dentistry wasn't a nice place to be but that certainly isn't the case now. Management really does make you feel like a valuable part of the team. Don’t let the negative reviews stop you from giving Gentle Dentistry a chance. You should know that what is said on here isn’t really true of what the company is now and I’m glad I took a chance on them to be able to find that out.

Cons

Previous reputation is hard to overcome.

3. "Tough work place"

Former Employee - Office Manager
    Former Employee - Office Manager

I worked at Family & Cosmetic Gentle Dentistry full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The staff is really friendly in the clinics.

Cons

There is a major issue with communication in this organization. Upper management does not come across professionally. I was very surprised by the amount of unprofessional behavior going on at this company at the executive level. A lot of drinking and partying with select staff. Upper management posting on snap chat and Facebook while working.

Advice to Management

Take a close look at the executive level management. All very nice people, however, they lack the maturity to run a business and to inspire the clinics and staff to meet and or beat company expectations. Lead by example.

4. "Manager"

I worked at Family & Cosmetic Gentle Dentistry (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work/life balance, opportunity, positive work environment, growing company, great Doctors and administrative staff, and communication.

Gentle Dentistry puts patients and their team members as the priority in the company.

Cons

Every company has it challenges.

Gentle Dentistry cares about its employees and tries to make the appropriate changes to facilitate an environment where your opinion and voice is heard as a team member.

Advice to Management

Keep working to standardize the processes needed to be a successful work place.

5. "Office Manager"

Pros

Team work, diversity, & great environment.

Cons

Distance, too far to drive from the South Bay on a daily basis on the 405 Fwy north.

6. "Stop writing fake reviews... we are on to you..."

Former Employee - Registered Dental Hygienist
    Former Employee - Registered Dental Hygienist

I worked at Family & Cosmetic Gentle Dentistry full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Each clinic has some great staff.

Cons

Upper management writes reviews to neutralize negative comments. They are not professional, and treat employees badly unless you are in their "group" of friends. It reminds me of a high school click. Will work you to death.

Advice to Management

Fire your upper management. They are not educated or professional enough. Take accountability to your actions. Hire upper management with experience and take care of them. Treat employees better and you will have staff that promotes you and you will earn respect in the dental community. Right now you are the place people work when they have no other option. You are currently a joke in the dental world.

7. "Don't let the positive reviews fool you..."

Current Employee - Office Manager
    Current Employee - Office Manager

I have been working at Family & Cosmetic Gentle Dentistry full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great office level employees who truly care about their patients and doing their best

Cons

This company is a disaster. The turnover is astronomical causing stress on employees and patients. Upper lever "management" is unaware of their lack of knowledge and the pulse of how employees actually feel about the place they work. The positive reviews are written by the upper level managers which is even a bigger blow the other employees. Employees and patients are taken advantage of to benefit their own personal imperatives and job security.

Advice to Management

Advice to owner is a stronger understanding of what your immediate team you surround yourself is doing to further the demise of the organization.

8. "Hygenist"

Pros

Employees, meeting clients, that's pretty much it

Cons

Management, senior management - owner Robert Bodin

Advice to Management

Let the employees breathe! You don't have to micromanage everything. They read every email you send out, listen to every call, don't let you make any decisions on your own. Is so bad, if you are caught talking about the company to anyone, they fire you. Not good for the company, that is why they go through employees left and right. All they care about is making a dollar.

Family & Cosmetic Gentle Dentistry Response

Sep 22, 2016 – Gentle Dentistry Team Relations Dept

We are sorry to hear you feel this way, but have to say we disagree with the comments from this post. We don't micromanage, read every email staff sends or listen to calls. When employees become... More

9. "Love my Job!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New Hope, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New Hope, MN

I have been working at Family & Cosmetic Gentle Dentistry full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Such a great place to work and great people to work with!

Cons

None that I can think of...

"Financial Coordinator"

Pros

I have been working for Gentle Dentistry for about a year now and I love it!! The work environment is fantastic and the people here are fantastic. From the clinical staff to the upper management everything runs extremely smooth. I can't imagine a better place to work!

Cons

I just wish I could work on the weekends!

Family & Cosmetic Gentle Dentistry Response

Apr 27, 2016 – Gentle Dentistry Team Relations Dept

Thank you for the review. We try our best to create a fun and positive environment for our staff to work in.