Family & Cosmetic Gentle Dentistry Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.0
Dr. Robert Bodin

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "A Good Place and Good People"

I have been working at Family & Cosmetic Gentle Dentistry full-time

Pros

The Employees are a good group of people. I have honestly not met a single bad apple. Management is professional, and forward thinking. Positive culture.

Cons

Drive time is a bit excessive but worth it.

Advice to Management

Keep it up for the most part. CE should be a top priority at all levels.
    Schedule some group activities that are purely social .

Jun 14, 2018 – Gentle Dentistry Team Relations Dept

Thank you for your positive review of Gentle Dentistry! We would love to add more social group activities to help each clinic team bond together. If you have any ideas for social events please don't... More

2. "good place to work"

I have been working at Family & Cosmetic Gentle Dentistry full-time

Pros

upper management is open to new ideas, have created a culture where asking for help is encouraged, teamwork focused, decent benefits, can tell that the company is working on all around improvement

Cons

one thing I feel like this company (and most that are growing ) need to work on is follow-through and the speed at which it is done. Sometimes having too many hands in the mix can slow operations and opportunities down and what is said or promised gets forgotten. this then frustrates employees and can cause complacency among employees

Advice to Management

keep working on communication and follow-through with your upper management and continue it throughout the company

Jun 6, 2018 – Gentle Dentistry Team Relations Dept

Thank you for your feedback on our company. We see you are a current employee and would be happy to discuss how we can better assist you in following through. We do care about our employees and their... More

3. "Great Oppertunities"

Current Employee - Analytics in Spring Park, MN
    Current Employee - Analytics in Spring Park, MN

I have been working at Family & Cosmetic Gentle Dentistry part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people. I have the team at central to be a fantastic and supporting group.

Cons

Commute. This is just for me but the commute is tough.

Advice to Management

Continue to push for progress.

Jun 6, 2018 – Gentle Dentistry Team Relations Dept

Thank you for the great review! We are glad you have had a great experience as an employee at Gentle Dentistry!

4. "My job makes me happy"

Current Employee - Office Manager in Wayzata, MN
    Current Employee - Office Manager in Wayzata, MN

I have been working at Family & Cosmetic Gentle Dentistry full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Gentle Dentistry is a really positive environment. The people are fun, professional and always have your back. I genuinely look forward to spending the day with my team. Upper management has shifted over the last year and the transition has gone so smooth. The company is thriving and I love being a part of watching everyone's success!

Cons

Short staffed at times, but honestly management does recognize the people who put in extra work and are rewarded for it. It all comes full circle.

Advice to Management

Keep hiring amazing people! I love how much we've grown and look forward to the future.

Feb 22, 2018 – Gentle Dentistry Team Relations Dept

Thank you for the great review. We are so glad to have you on the Gentle Dentistry team!

5. "I LOVE MY JOB"

Current Employee - Office Manager
    Current Employee - Office Manager

I have been working at Family & Cosmetic Gentle Dentistry full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great opportunities to advance and learn new things within the company.

Cons

Standardizing processes and communication could be tightened up but have seen great improvement! They listen to their staff!

Feb 22, 2018 – Gentle Dentistry Team Relations Dept

Thank you for the great review and feedback. We are happy to hear about your positive experience as an employee at Gentle Dentistry.

"dental hygienist"

Current Employee - Dental Hygienist in New Hope, MN
    Current Employee - Dental Hygienist in New Hope, MN

Pros

Great people to work with.

Cons

Some times late hours, and sometimes have to travel from clinic to clinic. Overall worth it.

Advice to Management

Keep on keeping on

Jun 6, 2018 – Gentle Dentistry Team Relations Dept

Thank you for the great review of Gentle Dentistry!

"If you are here reading the negative reviews - please read my experience."

I have been working at Family & Cosmetic Gentle Dentistry full-time

Pros

After my first interview for Gentle Dentistry I was so excited and ready to be a part of the team. I started researching the company a little more and that's when I found Glassdoor and read all the negative reviews here. I was called in for a second interview and wasn't sure how to feel. Finding some courage I talked about the reviews in the interview and HR was honest and spoke with me about some of the situations associated with them. I decided to take a giant leap of faith and accept the position with Gentle Dentistry. And believe me I'm so glad I did. Since then this is the best company I have worked for. Management has done a lot to change the culture here and they really care about their people and the environment they work in. Maybe there was a point in time where Gentle Dentistry wasn't a nice place to be but that certainly isn't the case now. Management really does make you feel like a valuable part of the team. Don’t let the negative reviews stop you from giving Gentle Dentistry a chance. You should know that what is said on here isn’t really true of what the company is now and I’m glad I took a chance on them to be able to find that out.

Cons

Previous reputation is hard to overcome.

Jun 6, 2018 – Gentle Dentistry Team Relations Dept

Thank you for your review. We are glad you've had a positive experience.

8. "Tough work place"

Former Employee - Office Manager
    Former Employee - Office Manager

I worked at Family & Cosmetic Gentle Dentistry full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The staff is really friendly in the clinics.

Cons

There is a major issue with communication in this organization. Upper management does not come across professionally. I was very surprised by the amount of unprofessional behavior going on at this company at the executive level. A lot of drinking and partying with select staff. Upper management posting on snap chat and Facebook while working.

Advice to Management

Take a close look at the executive level management. All very nice people, however, they lack the maturity to run a business and to inspire the clinics and staff to meet and or beat company expectations. Lead by example.

9. "Manager"

I worked at Family & Cosmetic Gentle Dentistry (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work/life balance, opportunity, positive work environment, growing company, great Doctors and administrative staff, and communication.

Gentle Dentistry puts patients and their team members as the priority in the company.

Cons

Every company has it challenges.

Gentle Dentistry cares about its employees and tries to make the appropriate changes to facilitate an environment where your opinion and voice is heard as a team member.

Advice to Management

Keep working to standardize the processes needed to be a successful work place.

10. "Office Manager"

Pros

Team work, diversity, & great environment.

Cons

Distance, too far to drive from the South Bay on a daily basis on the 405 Fwy north.