Famous Smoke Shop Reviews | Glassdoor

Famous Smoke Shop Reviews

Found 19 reviews

3.7
Arthur Zaretsky
  1. "Great Place to work!"

I worked at Famous Smoke Shop full-time

Pros

Great management team especially Purchasing and IT.

Cons

Not any I can think of.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. It is nice to work at a place where your manager has your back and works hard to make sure you succeed.

Famous Smoke Shop2017-11-27
  2. "Restaurant"

I worked at Famous Smoke Shop part-time

Pros

Direct coworkers and management were great. The restaurant as a whole was it's own entity and did wonderfully by ourselves

Cons

Too many outside employees that were part of famous but not the restaurant would try to put their hands on too many things in the restuarant which would make things much more chaotic and difficult. Always watch out for the office departments, very shady and catty.

Advice to Management

Keep the food service employees to handle all the aspects of the restaurant and the office employees to strictly handle all the aspects of the office work.

Famous Smoke Shop2018-09-03
  3. "Challenging place to work"

I worked at Famous Smoke Shop

Pros

There were always interesting and challenging projects to work on and the people were great to work with.

Cons

The pay wasn't the best but I learned alot which set me up for other opportunities.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work overall and come up with bonuses tied to goals.

Famous Smoke Shop2017-05-22
  4. "A Great Mid-Size Company to Work With"

I have been working at Famous Smoke Shop full-time

Pros

Friendly works environment - depends on what kind of work ethics you have. For an independent worker, you will find that you are very well trusted. No one will pressure you if you excel in your works areas. Most of the coworkers are friendly and treated people with respect. The owner of the company is very hand on and stay on top of the technologies. He is a down-to-earth person. He has to deal with all kinds of business...

Cons

The employee is used to be flexible, and laid-back. There is no centralized process or structure. Fewer paid Holidays then other companies and no option to earn 40 hours paid sick leave like workers in Philadelphia.

Famous Smoke Shop2017-03-20
  5. ""Challenging and Overall a Great Place to Work""

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Easton, PA

I have been working at Famous Smoke Shop full-time for more than 20 years

Pros

Very fun, laid back environment that encourages creativity and talent. There is a lot of work to do and everyone works very hard and as a team here at Famous Smoke Shop, We have a lot of Talent employees and very hard workers in all department and its great when we can all work together and accomplish so much.

Cons

Right now I have no cons because we have gotten rid of the bad apples that were causing the issues in our organization. Overall great place to work.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing and driving the business forward so that we all succeed. Great Team of employees!

6. "Looking up"

I have been working at Famous Smoke Shop full-time

Pros

The mood of the entire company has changed dramatically since October 1st of 2016 with the departure of the former VP. Things got even better mid January with another departure, this time from the Call Center. This departure removed a person, who was at a high level in the company, and was causing a lot of turmoil throughout the organization. Different teams within the organization work very well together, employees...

Cons

The main con is around work/life balance. Attention is paid to whether you are at your desk from 8-5 every day but work outside of those hours isn't necessarily noticed and comp time is never offered as an option to working 60+ hours in a week.

Famous Smoke Shop2017-03-17
  7. "A Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Easton, PA

I have been working at Famous Smoke Shop full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Casual and very relaxed atmosphere. Being a cigar smoker I actually couldn't ask for a better place to work. You work at your own pace in a fun environment. The owner has filtered out some of the bad apples which make working here even better.

Cons

Not enough free cigars to smoke.

Famous Smoke Shop2017-03-17

"Run as fast and as far as you can..."

I worked at Famous Smoke Shop full-time

Pros

There are some very hard working and dedicated employees at this company. Many of their talents are wasted here. Compensation is okay for the area. Casual dress code. Health insurance plans are very good but very costly as well.

Cons

Owner/President, Arthur Zaretsky's management style can only be described as Tyranny. He has no experience other than this company that he built, and it shows. While he has experienced success it's not due to his management, it's on the backs fo the people who work for him but he'd never acknowledge that. He's too self absorbed to surround himself with people who can actually help him grow his business and be better at...

Advice to Management

There is no point.

Famous Smoke Shop2017-03-16
  9. "Working hard gets you nowhere"

I worked at Famous Smoke Shop full-time

Pros

Paid weekly with decent benefits.

Cons

Old and outdated technology. At times very unprofessional. Little to no incentive is given for hard work. Some employees spend their days doing close to nothing while others pick up the slack. Very little training is offered, its pretty much learn as you go.

Advice to Management

Show people that do exceptional work that they are appreciated in ways other than simple thank yous.

Famous Smoke Shop2017-03-19

"SEO Manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Easton, PA

I worked at Famous Smoke Shop

Pros

Laid back environment. Fairly low stress.

Cons

Use of outdated techonology. Slow to change.

Famous Smoke Shop2016-02-18