FanDuel Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.1
Matt King

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Work from home, friendly people, lots of opportunities to work across departments (in 7 reviews)

• Company appreciates work/life balance and puts trust in employees to be productive (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Prior to that, we experienced serious growing pains as we struggled to recruit a huge number of new people to fill all the work we needed to get done (in 6 reviews)

• Senior management are never on hand for advice or clear strategy on the back of these changes (in 3 reviews)

1. "Fun Place to Work"

I have been working at FanDuel full-time

Pros

Cons

All companies have their flaws. FanDuel is certainly not an exception. Biggest con at the moment is an overly negative employee base.

"Analyst"

I worked at FanDuel full-time

Pros

Laid back environment, flexibility, work/life balance

Cons

Low pay, they used to give out company "swag" no longer do (only select people in the company have access, have people in management positions who are not qualified to be there, no growth, minimum pay increases, lack of transparency from management

Advice to Management

Re-evaluate the management positions and have qualified people work in those positions. Some employees are only given opportunities based on personal opinions not on work performance.

"An organizational mess"

I worked at FanDuel full-time

Pros

- Most of the people happen to be nice and fun to work with
    - The office is nice too, and in another few years the rooftop deck might be accessible

Cons

- If you're looking for stability and job security, stay far away, this is as volatile of a business as I've ever come across (multiple people laid off after starting less than 6 months prior)
    - Nonexistent onboarding process after hire lots of ambiguity about what my roles/responsibilities would be
    - Often times neglected immediately after start date, made it very difficult to learn and grow into an integral member of the team and didn't feel empowered in any way
    - Extreme cynicism and negativity amongst majority of employees that I didn't buy into at first, but realized over time that those people knew exactly what they were talking about
    - Many more sayers than there are doers
    - Too many cooks in the kitchen
    - No defined company-wide mission, lots of different agendas competing against one another for attention
    - So many pointless and obstructive meetings that produce nothing but a waste of time and resources

Advice to Management

- Stop lying to the company on a regular basis
    - Set out clear goals for the company to achieve and develop a more united and strategic approach that everyone can adhere to as a team
    - Get rid of pointless meetings that consist of nothing more than departmental show and tell

4. "Great Company But Completely Dropped The Ball"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at FanDuel full-time

Pros

Was really a great place to work until all of the legal stuff. So many rounds of lay-offs. Failed mergers and uncertainty from leadership about direction of company. Really kind of sad because they were in a great position to dominate the space but totally blew it with zero product innovations and hubris. The culture was really great for a while until some very poor hires at the top level. Really a textbook cautionary tale of success.

Cons

So many bad deals with team partnerships and vanity hires. Wasted an incredible amount of money on absurd projects like "FanDuel TV" --seemed like everyone was a VP at one point.

Advice to Management

Salvage what you can I suppose.

5. "Wish them success"

Former Employee - Project Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Project Manager in New York, NY

I worked at FanDuel (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible schedule, robust vacation policy, fully covered medical, dental covers adult braces.

Cons

The industry as a whole is shaky right now and there's been several rounds of RIF. Senior leadership is flipping over right now.

6. "Cool Place, Not a bright future"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at FanDuel full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Relaxed Environment, nice mostly young people, you have easy access to higher up management and can make a name for yourself.

Cons

Overall feeling of cynicism and negativity from a lot of employees (granted they have seen a lot of layoffs, etc). A lot of talk and not so much action from the company for making changed.

7. "You Will Learn While You Work"

Current Employee - Fraud Analyst in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Fraud Analyst in New York, NY

I have been working at FanDuel full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great mentorship and tech skill development in a very modern tech company.

Cons

Underpaid versus market avg because of the WFH benefits and other office amenities.

Extremely hard to move around internally as things are slow to move.

8. "Great growth and opportunities to develop whatever skill set you want."

Current Employee - Art Director in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Art Director in New York, NY

I have been working at FanDuel full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits are hands down the best I’ve ever had and the people are great. Flexible work hours are beneficial when you’ve got things to take care of.

Cons

Not much structure and things can tend to happen very last minute but such is life in a startup. If you’re the kind of person that isn’t much of a self starter this probably isn’t the place for you.

9. "No complaints"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at FanDuel full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great industry, great culture, great people. Not much more you can ask for. Love coming to work every day.

Cons

Could probably make more money somewhere else but the work atmosphere, culture, and unlimited time off make up for that in my mind

10. "Customer Support Agent"

I worked at FanDuel full-time

Pros

Great environment, coworkers are all passionate about their job and the company, you can work from home.

Cons

Can be a bit repetitive, but overall nothing major.