KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Fancy Hands Reviews

Updated Jul 17, 2022

Found 94 of over 212 reviews

2.6
Fancy Hands Founder & CEO Ted Roden & Joshua Boltuch (no image)
Ted Roden & Joshua Boltuch

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Flexible, work from home (or anywhere), a great resource if you're stuck and have nowhere else to turn(in 38 reviews)
  • "Easy Money(in 7 reviews)
  • "'Flexible hours' doesn't even apply here as most tasks will consume you.(in 5 reviews)
  • "flexible schedule, that's about it(in 3 reviews)
Cons
  • "The pay is low and slow.(in 40 reviews)
  • "The managers are rude and do not give assistance in a timely manner.(in 25 reviews)
  • "Requests can be complicated, pricing is not always fair, management is rude(in 10 reviews)
  • "less than minimum wage at best since majority of tasks will take longer then 20 min and everyone wants easy tasks(in 6 reviews)
  • "No training, you have to figure out a lot on your own or use the forums(in 5 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0

Times be tough

Jul 17, 2022 - Recruiter
    Business Outlook

Pros

Need more fancy body parts

Cons

People are kissing to much

2. 3.0
    Current Employee

Takes forever to get onboarded. Earnings can be cancelled by not checking your email every hour.

Feb 16, 2022 - Unlisted/None in Martinsville, IN
    Business Outlook

Pros

It is very interesting work. You can usually find something to do. Clients are usually pretty agreeable. Pay every two weeks. You get to pick the tasks that you work on and you can see the details of the job before you accept. You are paid per credit. This means that the client has offered a certain amount for the job. Each credit is worth 20 minutes worth of work. Some clients offer multiple credits for a single job, but it all works out to those 20 minute increments. Pay for each credit averages from $3-$6 from what I've seen in the few months that I've been there, but it could go higher or lower, I suppose. Obviously the cost on the client side is higher.

Cons

If a client responds to a job and you don't see it right away, you can lose all the earnings for the job. This means that you constantly have to be on top of any emails from Fancy Hands. You can't schedule blocks of time off because the client can respond at any time. I've had jobs taken away from me because, after I did all the work and closed out of the job, the client responded with the word "thanks". I didn't see it and eight hours later (I had gone on vacation and had specifically not accepted any new jobs and finished all of my current tasks) all the credits I had earned were gone. Sometimes the supervisors will correct this, but some get crabby about it. Also, it took WEEKS after I was accepted to work at Fancy Hands for me to actually be set up to work and start accepting tasks.

5 people found this review helpful
  3. 1.0
    Former Employee

Not worth it, don’t bother

Mar 16, 2022 - Virtual Assistant
    Business Outlook

Pros

No pros, like actually none.

Cons

Pay is literally Pennies, tasks are unreasonable for what you’re paid to do. A 4.00 task can take 2 days. Ridiculous.

4. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Unorganized

Feb 9, 2022 - Virtual Assistant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Easy and self employed . Great easy work.

Cons

Very un organized orientation . No admin help

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

very goo

Feb 25, 2021 - Virtual Assistant in Biloxi, MS
    Business Outlook

Pros

This is something you could do to earn extra money

Cons

non so far as pretty good

6. 4.0
    Current Employee

If you can do the work, you can earn some spending money

Dec 4, 2020 - Personal Assistant in Worcester, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Set your own hours, mainly simple work

Cons

System is sometimes difficult to use when completing tasks, low pay

7. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

DON'T DO IT

Nov 10, 2020 - Virtual Assistant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible (ish), Can work when you want, a good way to make quick money

Cons

Management, Communication, Customers, Respect for employees, limited number of tasks, low pay I worked with Fancy Hands for over 5 years. Over the years I had completed thousands of tasks and even had clients that would request me specifically. If anyone would ask me about a work from home side hustle I would point them towards FH. I SWORE by them. But at the end of August, my account was put into what I later found out to be "soft disable". I was able to access the forums and work on any tasks I had already claimed (which means answer any client follow up questions which you DO NOT get paid for). I emailed management and didn't receive a response, after a few weeks I emailed again and didn't hear back. I didn't hear back until I refused to reply to a client until I was given an answer. Then I was told they needed to look into it and then I waited ANOTHER month+ then I go on to find that my account was disabled with no explanation. The crazy thing is, that I wasn't the only person in the forum having this issue. It wasn't a fluke this is how they treat their employees on a regular basis. All of these positive reviews? Don't believe them they went on a few months ago and asked everyone to put positive reviews up here to bury the negative ones. Also the number of tasks are getting fewer and fewer, may not be worth it at this point.

23 people found this review helpful
  8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great Company To Work For

Mar 2, 2020 - Lead Assistant in San Diego, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I've worked for Fancy Hands for almost 6 years. I've stayed with them for so long because I get to work from home which is so convenient, while earning money and helping to raise my daughter. I've never had any problems or issues working here. I've been treated very well. I've had very positive experiences and have been some wonderful clients who I have worked with for years. This job works very well for me and I'm looking forward to the future and what it brings! I hope to continue to grow with the company!

Cons

I don't have any cons to list.

2 people found this review helpful
  9. 2.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Not worth it.

May 5, 2020 - Virtual Assistant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Can work from your home

Cons

pay is ridiculously bad seeing as many of the requests are completely unreasonable

7 people found this review helpful
  10. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Fancy Hands Virtual Assistant

May 7, 2020 - Virtual Assistant in Pantego, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible work schedule. Work from home.

Cons

Very little pay, not enough tasks available.

2 people found this review helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 94 Reviews

Fancy Hands Reviews FAQs

Fancy Hands has an overall rating of 2.6 out of 5, based on over 212 reviews left anonymously by employees. 57% of employees would recommend working at Fancy Hands to a friend and 59% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -8% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Fancy Hands employees rate their compensation and benefits as 1.9 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Fancy Hands. This rating has decreased by -5% over the last 12 months.

57% of Fancy Hands employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Fancy Hands 2.4 out of 5 for work life balance, 2.0 for culture and values and 2.1 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Fancy Hands to be benefits, culture, work life balance and the cons to be career development, compensation, management.