What people are saying about Fannie Mae
Got a burning question about Fannie Mae? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Fannie Mae employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Good benefits and Very worker friendly" (in 375 reviews)
- "Good work/life balance if you know how to manage up and manage your workload" (in 255 reviews)
- "Great people and really strives for change for modernity purposes" (in 152 reviews)
- "Good pay..nice people to work with...work/life balance is good" (in 135 reviews)
- "Good Salary and some bonus." (in 80 reviews)
- "There is the sense by many Fannie Mae'ers that there is no life after Fannie Mae so most put up with inefficiencies and poor management." (in 94 reviews)
- "Most Managers don't have time for their employees because they're overworked" (in 73 reviews)
- "A toxic culture where a lack of effort and complacency is the norm." (in 57 reviews)
- "Frequent layoffs come in dribs and drabs has made an anxious workforce." (in 35 reviews)
- "A lot of mediocre to bad leadership in middle management and below." (in 32 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Fannie Mae and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
Found 2,086 of over 2K reviews
Updated Sep 25, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 5.0FEATURED REVIEWDec 15, 2022Senior Business ArchitectCurrent Employee, more than 1 year
Great work life balance, leave early on Fridays all year round, great compensation package and lots of benefits. Employee diversity is highly valued and great collaboration. Volunteer days, sick time, vacation time and other benefits are really awesome. 8% 401 k match starting 2023, lifestyle spending account. Very capable and smart people. They value your input. I feel valued here, great vision and initiatives to help the housing market. Good top leadership.
Meeting heavy and changes/progress can take a while.1
- 5.0Sep 19, 2023Risk AssociateFormer EmployeePlano, TX
Company culture is great, leadership is good, and everyone is super friendly. Good perks as well.
Tech stack used is on the older side and it takes a long time for decisions to be implemented.
Fannie Mae Reviews FAQs
Fannie Mae has an overall rating of 4.1 out of 5, based on over 2,471 reviews left anonymously by employees. 82% of employees would recommend working at Fannie Mae to a friend and 73% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 4% over the last 12 months.
82% of Fannie Mae employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Fannie Mae 4.3 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.0 for culture and values and 3.6 for career opportunities.