FarHeap Solutions, Inc. Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Brett N Heap

"Marketing"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at FarHeap Solutions, Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Being part of farheap for almost a year, reshaped my career. The company is always ever evolving and growing providing multiple opportunities to their employees. It is a fast paced environment with a start up feel. You get to wear many hats and work with all departments. If you are looking for a 9-5 job, this is definitely not the place for you. Only people who are hard workers, passionate about their job and love what they do can survive here. Everyone appreciates one another and works in collaboration to constantly improve things and achieve the business goals. At the same time, you do get the work life balance. Everyone is flexible in the company as long as you get your work done, meet yours deadlines. The best part is everyone works here as family irrespective of their differences. Love my team members. They definitely make my day go by with a lot of fun.

Cons

Wish the benefits are better than what they are today.

Advice to Management

Thank you for taking care of your employees!

"Real glassdoor"

Former Employee - Programmer in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Programmer in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at FarHeap Solutions, Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Not a bad stepping stone to something much better

Cons

Not a place to stay

Advice to Management

None

Apr 14, 2017 – Corporate Controller

If you have any suggestions regarding ways we can improve corporate culture and work environment, please feel free to email Ken (HR Manager). We are always open to suggestions and cannot move forward ... More

"Indeed Failing"

Former Employee - Global Mechatronics Manager in Louisville, KY
    Former Employee - Global Mechatronics Manager in Louisville, KY

I worked at FarHeap Solutions, Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

John Evans and a few other managers are top notch people.

Cons

Most of what has been said in reviews is true. There has been rounds of layoffs every 6 months or so. They just had one in vegas and in louisville. The company seems like it is about broke. Probley because the quality that is coming out of its louisville plant is terrible. The CEO is a scam artist. He loves to get over on people and try to sell them products that dont have near the capability that he says they do. He also tries to sell products that are not ready for production and have virtually no support once sold. Every time someone posts a bad review, some idiot behind a keyboard seems to try and say....not true....not true. But I can honestly say, coming from a management position that got to see the inner workings, this is an employer you want to stay well away from. The absolute worst job I ever had.

Advice to Management

Give up now. You are failing in ever possible way. Hard working people deserve better.

Mar 28, 2017 – Corporate Controller

***I am probably in the best position to address the concerns conveyed in this review. As Corporate Controller, I see the good, the bad, and the ugly and understand our financial strength better than ... More

"Failing"

Former Employee - Software Developer in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Software Developer in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at FarHeap Solutions, Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They have some really talented and friendly software developers.

Cons

They have a standing policy of doing rounds of layoffs every 6 months. ~ It's a very political environment. ~ They can't build systems to scale at all. ~ They're losing traffic and revenue to vistaprint.com ~ Rather than being completely original they have weekly meetings where they discuss among other things, how they can implement features found on vistaprint.com. ~ They don't license software as they should i.e. they make millions of iText but refuse to license it. ~ They ship off as many jobs as possible to their Russia office in Saratov. ~ I.T. considers transparency as enemy #1 and the Cloud as enemy # 2. ~ Requires people to work 45 to 50 hour weeks, but only credits for things such as accrued vacation based on 40 hour weeks.

Mar 20, 2017 – HR Mgr.

We take strong exception to your review, as it misrepresents software development at our subsidiary (Farheap Solutions, Inc. has no software developers), as well as purports to present factual ... More

6. "An excellent environment for growth if you put in the work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at FarHeap Solutions, Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A strong work ethic and ability to work efficiently are highly regarded in this company. If you're willing to work hard to get a job done, take action instead of just strategizing a plan you can move up in the company fairly quickly.

Cons

There are some parts that can be frustrating and disorganized at times but show me a company that doesn't have these issues.

"Such a mess."

Former Employee - Customer Service in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Customer Service in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at FarHeap Solutions, Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The pros are limited. The pay is competitive and the office is in a great location. They also provide a soda machine and free coffee. Occasionally there are snacks and goodies.

Cons

Unfortunately, there are far more cons. The energy is so negative and everyone is so stressed out. This company is definitely reactive instead of proactive.

The CEO does not value nor acknowledge his employees. Everyone seems to be working against one another than with each other. People at that place are to full of themselves and focus more on pride than their jobs.

Advice to Management

Corporate should be embarrassed of their actions. Learn to appreciate your employees. Replace your HR team with people that do not make fun of everyone in the company. This Includes talking bad about CEO. Word travels fast around the office please know that nothing is a secret.

Sep 19, 2016 – HR Mgr.

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We do listen and take our employees' (even former employees') viewpoints into account. We are aware of the negativity that permeates the ... More

"Terrible"

Former Employee - Marketing in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Marketing in Las Vegas, NV

Pros

Laid back
    Michael Wolfe is the coolest, but he's crazy.
    Pay is super super good/ good benefits the first day there

Cons

You're 8-5 and if you leave even if you have all of your work done they get mad for leaving at 5.... they literally want you to stay until like 7pm

They guilt you if you take a lunch break even if it's for 20 minutes

They fire SO many people per month/ no job stability

The CEO Brett is a lunatic and will scream curse words, EVERYONE is afraid of him

They will fire you if you check your phone

High school drama environment, they intimidate you

Worst customer service teams, not enough employees and they're not trained.

Advice to Management

Michael wolfe is running this business (Overnightprints) and is the best employee there.

Sep 19, 2016 – HR Mgr.

In most instances, we appreciate postings that are made by former employees – even if critical. However, management strongly disagrees and takes exception to your comments related to Mr. Wolfe ... More

"Benefits"

I have been working at FarHeap Solutions, Inc. full-time

Pros

Exceptional Benefit Plan:
    Multiple health plans to choose from.
    401k plan with many funds to select. Very diversified, from low to high risk.
    Dental, Visioin, Life,
    Easy on line enrollment.

Cons

Would like the company to contribute towards dependent coverage as well as employee coverage.

Advice to Management

Consider an enhanced packager including an employer contribution to the 401K

Mar 23, 2016 – Corporate Controller

Thank you for this suggestion. We take employee comments seriously, and will consider the options you have mentioned at our next benefits review meeting this summer. We have already discussed ... More

"Not for wallflowers"

Current Employee - Corporate Controller and Chief Financial Officer in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at FarHeap Solutions, Inc. full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

1) The company is growing, expanding. It's profitable, and energetic, and dynamic. It is rare to find a company where short-, mid-, and long-term prospects are good, and Farheap is one of those companies.
    2) No ageism, sexism, racism. You will be judged on the basis of your accomplishments. Young and smart? Older and wise? LDS, Jewish, atheist, Baptist? Doesn't matter. If you bring good ideas to the plate, your contribution will be valued. I am living proof of that.
    3) CEO is WYSIWYG. He does not put on airs, try to impress or flatter. If you put an idea or suggestion on the table, he will listen, engage you, probably argue with you, tear your idea to shreds. But he will listen.
    4) The company has undergone a sea change in the past six months. We are consciously striving to put a corporate culture in place that will hire only the very best and brightest, that will encourage innovation and plain speaking, and that will keep us cutting edge. We have no tolerance for mediocrity, and because of that, we try to reward excellence.
    5) There is probably not a company anywhere in the USA that works this hard on innovation and efficiencies. We happen to be focused on the print industry at present, and we love what we do and the beautiful products we produce. But we are always looking for ways to work smarter, in every aspect of corporate life.
    6) Management works hard to bring everyone together, regardless of job title or seniority. Executive staff tries to learn names, faces, duties, and personalities of all employees, not just the "important" people. We believe *everyone* is important, whether customer service, production, accounting, design, or any other division.
    7) There are few companies that celebrate diversity like we do. We have a subsidiary in Russia and affiliate in Germany, and are looking to put down roots in other countries as well. If we were to take a company photo, you would see every skin color, every religion (and no religion), every political persuasion, every sexual orientation, and both genders well represented. This is a conscious effort of management to make this happen.
    8) I have mentioned innovation above. We look for people who think outside the box. Where other companies require thinking within corporate boundaries, our CEO and management try to find individuals who are self-confident, geniuses, hard working, and fun.

Cons

a) It is a demanding work environment. Working lean means small offices and small cubicles, few extravagant perqs, and small staffs in all departments.
    b) Which in turn means long working hours for everyone. [Note: Even with long working hours, most people from customer service to production to accounting to management take full weekends off.]
    c) Because of the devotion to innovation, if a parameter changes, it is likely that direction changes very fast as well. People who must work linearly and methodically do not function well in our environment.
    d) We are a "disruptive" workplace.
    e) Some jobs require better work spaces than are currently provided.
    f) Benefits need to be improved. [We are working on it, but it's a slow process.]

Advice to Management

First, improve benefits, especially vacation pay and 401(k). Second, move executive-finance-accounting-marketing-administrative-HR to more professional office space. Third, consider one additional hire per department.

Dec 6, 2016 – HR Mgr.

Thanks for this input. We hope you've seen the improvements (even if gradual) in benefits package. And yes, the job is demanding, but rewarding at the same time.

"Company Culture"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at FarHeap Solutions, Inc. (More than 8 years)

Pros

A very diverse and multi cultural organization representing multiple languages and nationalities.
    All departments work closely together in order to achieve common goals.
    Executives are involved, approachable and hands on.
    Open door policy provides everyone the opportunity to become engaged and contribute to the success of the company.

Cons

Limited covered parking spaces.
    Benefit package needs to be reviewed in order to be competitive.

Advice to Management

Continue to be involved at all levels.
    Conduct more frequent performance evaluations.

Mar 1, 2016 – Corporate Controller

Thank you for your feedback! And thanks for pointing our our diversity. That does make working here more fun. If you ever sense the open door policy changing, please point that out immediately so ... More