FarHeap Solutions, Inc. Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Brett N Heap

"Marketing"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at FarHeap Solutions, Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Being part of farheap for almost a year, reshaped my career. The company is always ever evolving and growing providing multiple opportunities to their employees. It is a fast paced environment with a start up feel. You get to wear many hats and work with all departments. If you are looking for a 9-5 job, this is definitely not the place for you. Only people who are hard workers, passionate about their job and love what they do can survive here. Everyone appreciates one another and works in collaboration to constantly improve things and achieve the business goals. At the same time, you do get the work life balance. Everyone is flexible in the company as long as you get your work done, meet yours deadlines. The best part is everyone works here as family irrespective of their differences. Love my team members. They definitely make my day go by with a lot of fun.

Cons

Wish the benefits are better than what they are today.

Advice to Management

Thank you for taking care of your employees!

2. "An excellent environment for growth if you put in the work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at FarHeap Solutions, Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A strong work ethic and ability to work efficiently are highly regarded in this company. If you're willing to work hard to get a job done, take action instead of just strategizing a plan you can move up in the company fairly quickly.

Cons

There are some parts that can be frustrating and disorganized at times but show me a company that doesn't have these issues.

"Marketing Person"

I have been working at FarHeap Solutions, Inc. full-time

Pros

The best thing about this company is the big monitors that they provide for you. Occasional donuts and snacks from time to time. The benefits are okay and it seems that Brett, the CEO is an extremely hard worker.

Though I see this company (Overnightprints) on the decline, they will be around for awhile because of their cheap prices.

Cons

A lot of things wrong with this company. I don't usually write reviews, but I think it's important to write this so that future employees are aware of the problems that occur with this company and that management can fix the issues.

Marketing Management - I'll just say that it seems that marketing management is not qualified for their roles. A lot of times I found myself questioning their decisions and I truly believe that none of them know anything about branding or how to manage a team. They like to gossip and talk a lot. They like to take long hourly breaks and not work. I honestly don't know how they've been here for so long. If you get hired at Farheap, you will understand.

Communication - Horrible. Not clear on objectives and goals. They do have a lot of pointless meetings that don't seem to be effective.

Social Media - If you are offered a social media position at this company, be aware that they have purchased fake followers on their social media accounts (overnightprints.com). They love posting only promotions and offers. They don't really care about improving their customer engagement other than defusing negative comments from angry customers. Their social media strategy is messed up.

Creative and Branding - The process is horrible. So like most places, you have to request creative. The problem is that after you request it, it is always late. When you receive it, it's usually wrong, off-brand, and just flat out terrible. When you ask for changes, you will hear a complaint about why it should be good for what you need anyway. It's frustrating... Nobody in marketing management understands branding. The brand message is always inconsistent, graphics are done from people from Russia. I am surprised that the creative gets approved by management for customers to see. It's just shocking to me to see how they are letting the Overnightprints brand decline from what it used to be.

Projects - They are starting 5 new completely different businesses at the same time when their main company Overnightprints.com is losing sales. If you've tried starting a business before, you know how hard it is to start just one business. These businesses are great ideas but I see a lot of problems going into the future. I see a lot of below-average work for a long time until they make changes.

Hours - Not a deal killer but 8am to 6pm. Seems long?

Advice to Management

Scrum to be effective. Stop wasting time and try new marketing tactics. Stop taking long breaks, learn how to brand the business and be consistent with the brand messaging. Stop worrying about your job. Stop talking about personal life, politics and focus on improving the business.

Jan 4, 2017 – Marketing Director

Thank you for your feedback. We’d like to take the time to address the below. First, we try our best to and are truly glad to hear we could provide the proper tools, resources and benefits ... More

5. "Keeps getting better"

Current Employee - Product Manager
    Current Employee - Product Manager

I have been working at FarHeap Solutions, Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Company does not keep clock-watchers and wallflowers around for too long. Underachievers eventually get purged. I'm all for that, even if they come back here to rant about it.
    - Hard work, leadership and results gets recognized. I can't stress this enough.
    - I report directly to the CEO and he is (1) always professional (2) listens. .. I have no idea what other people are complaining about regarding the CEO
    - Collaboration and openness amongst the engineers. Sure we don't all agree on everything, but we're not supposed to. We disagree but cooperate and end with great solutions that everyone can be proud of.

Cons

Some HR functions go through Insperity. It makes sense to outsource this kind of thing to a 3rd party so I don't have a problem with that. Its just Insperity that I recently starting taking issue with. But again ... its mostly minor annoyances.

Advice to Management

Keep trimming useless people, even if they come back here to whine about it. You're doing great.

Dec 6, 2016 – HR Mgr.

Thank you for taking the time to give us such valuable input! They say that companies tend to hire people most like upper management, and you are right - upper management does not watch the clock and ... More

"Breaks every rule in buisness management"

I have been working at FarHeap Solutions, Inc. full-time

Pros

Decent pay
    Relaxed hours
    Great production manager

Cons

The medical insurance is between 700 and 1400 bucks a month which the company pays in ZERO. Unacceptable and not even close to industry standards. No 401k contribution therefore no real future. No raises of any kind and they have managers on SAPs payment so if production falls, up to half their compensation can be deducted. The press operators are on a points system which creates a horrible attitude and unwillingness to do anything outside normal workscope. Way to many convicted felons and zero skillset personnel. Just a revolving door and piggybank for an owner who has no moral compass or soul.

Advice to Management

Take a business ethics course, learn what it means to really value the things important to a business....the people. Good quality empolyees do good quality work and keep customers coming back perpetually. Give your team a future and invest them into the company. Reward your people.

It says alot when you are in court battles and disputes with almost all your vendors and buisness contacts. It says even more when you have lost all but one of those battles. Eventually there won't be any bridges left to burn and it will be way to expensive to be able to conduct business. This place is a sinking ship and is two to three key personnel losses away from falling apart.

Dec 8, 2016 – HR Mgr.

Your feedback is inaccurate on almost every level. The company indeed pays a considerable amount of employee’s medical insurance and offers significant other benefits which are highly competitive for ... More

7. "Best Work Enviroment EVER"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative

I have been working at FarHeap Solutions, Inc. full-time

Pros

Calm atmosphere, amazing co workers and massive support. Having recently come from Walmart I would say ANYTHING is better but this is leaps and bounds. Even during a high stress time, the management has time to answer my questions and encourage me to do so though they themselves are clearly swamped.

They even bought cookies and had people bring them around to us as we worked and thanked us for being there. I have never felt so appreciated and never felt so invested so fast into something I am doing!

Pay is very competitive and I see lots of room to grow within!

Cons

It sounds cliche but I see none. As I stated above; great hours, great pay, great management and great coworkers.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. You guys are great and I can not thank you enough for giving me this opportunity. The short time I have been here, you guys have given my life a hope I haven't had in a long itme!

Sep 26, 2016 – HR Mgr.

Thank you for this feedback. We try hard to recognize our valued employees. Sometimes we fall short when things get hectic and we momentarily lose sight of *all* the team members who make us ... More

"Such a mess."

Former Employee - Customer Service in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Customer Service in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at FarHeap Solutions, Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The pros are limited. The pay is competitive and the office is in a great location. They also provide a soda machine and free coffee. Occasionally there are snacks and goodies.

Cons

Unfortunately, there are far more cons. The energy is so negative and everyone is so stressed out. This company is definitely reactive instead of proactive.

The CEO does not value nor acknowledge his employees. Everyone seems to be working against one another than with each other. People at that place are to full of themselves and focus more on pride than their jobs.

Advice to Management

Corporate should be embarrassed of their actions. Learn to appreciate your employees. Replace your HR team with people that do not make fun of everyone in the company. This Includes talking bad about CEO. Word travels fast around the office please know that nothing is a secret.

Sep 19, 2016 – HR Mgr.

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We do listen and take our employees' (even former employees') viewpoints into account. We are aware of the negativity that permeates the ... More

""Interesting" Place, I you don't value communication or coherence"

Pros

They hire people on the cheap, mostly people with problems

Cons

Too many to mention. One example - a new guy shows up. A month later he announces "you now report to me". My manager is unavailable to clarify or even verify. The new guy has no clue what I do or how it needs to be done. Starts imposing whacked-out demands. "We are a Pirate Ship! Whatever the Captain commands, we must do! (implied: legal or illegal, ethical or unethical...) States this comes from the CEO...
    A long time ago, when I was completely green, a guy showed up and announced he was my boss. (He wasn't). He started assigning me HIS work with priority over my prior assignments. My boss was away on assignment and I didn't even think to question the situation. Turns out the "new boss" was only a master manipulator, trying to get work done the lazy way. Two months later, that guy was promoted and gone, and I got into trouble over that. Ring a bell?

Advice to Management

Get some management slills

Jun 20, 2016 – HR Mgr.

Thank you for giving us your feedback. The company already has safeguards in place to protect employees from being required to do anything illegal or unethical. We sincerely wish that if you felt you ... More

"Terrible"

Former Employee - Marketing in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Marketing in Las Vegas, NV

Pros

Laid back
    Michael Wolfe is the coolest, but he's crazy.
    Pay is super super good/ good benefits the first day there

Cons

You're 8-5 and if you leave even if you have all of your work done they get mad for leaving at 5.... they literally want you to stay until like 7pm

They guilt you if you take a lunch break even if it's for 20 minutes

They fire SO many people per month/ no job stability

The CEO Brett is a lunatic and will scream curse words, EVERYONE is afraid of him

They will fire you if you check your phone

High school drama environment, they intimidate you

Worst customer service teams, not enough employees and they're not trained.

Advice to Management

Michael wolfe is running this business (Overnightprints) and is the best employee there.

Sep 19, 2016 – HR Mgr.

In most instances, we appreciate postings that are made by former employees – even if critical. However, management strongly disagrees and takes exception to your comments related to Mr. Wolfe ... More

11. "Benefits"

I have been working at FarHeap Solutions, Inc. full-time

Pros

Exceptional Benefit Plan:
    Multiple health plans to choose from.
    401k plan with many funds to select. Very diversified, from low to high risk.
    Dental, Visioin, Life,
    Easy on line enrollment.

Cons

Would like the company to contribute towards dependent coverage as well as employee coverage.

Advice to Management

Consider an enhanced packager including an employer contribution to the 401K

Mar 23, 2016 – Corporate Controller

Thank you for this suggestion. We take employee comments seriously, and will consider the options you have mentioned at our next benefits review meeting this summer. We have already discussed ... More