FarHeap Solutions, Inc. Reviews | Glassdoor

Brett N Heap

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Marketing"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at FarHeap Solutions, Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Being part of farheap for almost a year, reshaped my career. The company is always ever evolving and growing providing multiple opportunities to their employees. It is a fast paced environment with a start up feel. You get to wear many hats and work with all departments. If you are looking for a 9-5 job, this is definitely not the place for you. Only people who are hard workers, passionate about their job and love what they do can survive here. Everyone appreciates one another and works in collaboration to constantly improve things and achieve the business goals. At the same time, you do get the work life balance. Everyone is flexible in the company as long as you get your work done, meet yours deadlines. The best part is everyone works here as family irrespective of their differences. Love my team members. They definitely make my day go by with a lot of fun.

Cons

Wish the benefits are better than what they are today.

Advice to Management

Thank you for taking care of your employees!

"Could not be worse if they tried"

I worked at FarHeap Solutions, Inc. full-time

Pros

There was a great department that seemed skilled enough to launch many initiatives. The business was interesting and seemed like there was room for growth. The coworkers were much more tolerable than any management.

Cons

It seems like there is almost no end to the downsides. If I had to quickly itemize the worst:
    - No trust in employees
    - No culture that promotes good behavior, but instead promotes paranoia
    - A big brother system that tracks "stolen time" from the company
    - The complete lack of benefits
    - Constant bickering between departments or personalities that have a negative effect on productivity
    - A CEO who everyone universally hated, despite a few key Yes Men who feed his ego
    - A business that had no good ethical stance on QA or social media
    - A general malaise that couldn't be shook, no matter the layoffs, hires, new projects, or any other activity

This place isn't somewhere you want to stay. In fact, they will sell you the moon and stars, but you will quickly see that they are quickly importing their workforce or completely removing them. Then, when they see an obvious drop in satisfaction, they will backpedal. There is simultaneously a draconian leadership while also not being committed to any direction. I would not count them among places that value workers or good work. Just extracting money from whatever is left.

Advice to Management

Get a better CEO, google what culture means, and try not to swindle customers for a living.

"Dont buy what they're selling"

I have been working at FarHeap Solutions, Inc. full-time

Pros

Opportunity to wear different hats. As a small start up you may be hired in a specific specialist role but you will at some point work with the creative team or marketing or web design/bloggers, etc. If you come with great ideas or suggestions, you will definitely be noticed.

The occassional potluck during holidays.

For the most part employees are great to work with and help makes the time go by.

Cons

Their pitch when you are interviewing is strong. They got some talented people in HR and leadership and they're great at convincing you this is a thriving company...Don't Buy It. In my interview i addressed the numerous bad glassdoor reviews and they sold me on a change of culture and it didn't take long before I realized that is not the truth.

CEO: One positive I will say about Brett is he is a tireless worker. All top level management work at least 10 hours a day and that's because Brett is usually working 11 or more. He's the first one in around 6am and one of the last to leave after 6pm. He travels the world selling the business and you just have to respect the work ethic. The superlatives end there though. He hires smart & talented people but do not allow them to do their job. He will undercut your expertise. He has a great business acumen but he doesn't know everything and when he interferes with other people's processes, it hinders performance of that group. As CEO he obviously has a lot invested in the company but his anger and attitude sets the tone for the culture of the company. When he's in the office; people walk on egg shells. When he's out, people can breathe and at least get some work done. For example, he routinely schedules unproductive meetings while either missing them himself or leaving half way through, leaving people wondering what to do next. As other reviews have said he does scream at employees or in meetings and because of that other employees have done the same. People readily play the blame game to CTA. That's the culture and it starts at the top.

Career advancement: I don't know if their ambitious plans for growth are true in their business plan or just something they sell you on to accept the job. During my time there, I didn't see the business grow; in fact, I saw budgets being reduced and employees let go. I did not see any promotions within the Farheap business org. A few customer service reps got small bumps in role but there not farheap employees instead contracted through separate company.

Compensation and benefits: Poor at best. If you're new to the work force it's probably good for at least a year then you realize you deserve more. Some reviews have mentioned the pop machine or the occassional donut as a perk, clearly they haven't worked long. Nice gesture but not a perk.

Some positions pay well. In my position I was paid less than comparable positions at other companies in Nevada. When you consider you're working 50 plus hour weeks your pay per hour is greatly reduced and it's not as attractive.

There is 401k but no company match. I've worked in Nevada for years and my health plan has always been cheaper than what farheap provides. Regarding PTO, prepare to work a few months in the hole but this is common for a lot of Nevada companies. If you're in a specialist role though, you may find it hard to get a day off approved because you are so depended on.

Work/Life balance: Poor. As I mentioned many if not all employees work 10 or more hours. If you live far out like I do, with a commute you're spending 12 hours in traffic and work which leaves very little to do afterwards. As a single parent, it's difficult to coordinate things with your kids. You get 5 vacation days and 5 sick days, so if you're eligible to use it, you'll probably use the time on your kids.

Senior Management: CEO, strong sales acumen but doesn't trust the people he hires to execute decisions. He has final say on everything and I mean everything. From personnel decisions to marketing plans, everything. There's a lack of trust so at the end of the day creativity is stymied and everything reflects him and what he thinks is best. The marketing people seemed intelligent but also frustrated and stressed by the company.

Culture and values: Hard work ethic is a value, a positive one. Employees do work hard and that can't be discounted. However; the culture of fear is very prevalent. Fear of the CEO and his tyranny, Fear of losing your job because many coworkers get let go for different things.

Other: Time management software was installed on computers so every second of your day was tracked. If you go to the bathroom for 5 minutes its a flag, if you take a smoke break flag. Every project or task had to be catalogued. Theres no trust in the employees. The system would also take screenshots every few minutes of your monitor. The occassional visit to facebook is harmless, no one is on it there entire shift but with this decision to add this tool it makes you feel guilty.

Too many storage options. The company is very microsoft office heavy but theres sharepoint, onenote and other programs. These tools dont always work seamlessly together. You may save a doc on one thing but everyone is searching for it somewhere else. This is more of a microsoft issue however the company could just use one tool to make it easy.

QA product better: There was not a team of QA specialists checking product going out customers. I was at the factory and spoke to a lady who was a pseudo QA person but admitted they didn't have a process. So no wonder customers call in with issues with their order. Invest in this process not new software that isn't making the company money.

Employees are told to write positive reviews on google and other sites. I can't say for sure that all of the 5 star reviews are from employees but some are. This is not up for debate, I was told to do so as were a few sitting around me.

Revolving door of leadership: the most stable position might be customer service rep. I saw numerous Customer Service managers, Social media managers and other marketing people come and go. They obviously got wise quick and left. Many of the same CS reps are still today doing the best they can.

Advice to Management

At some point you need to realize the personnel is not the problem. The employees work so hard and sacrifice so much for a company they want to see succeed. However; there's a culture of systemic evil that is hurting the company. The brand reputation is poor and you need to repair that. Overnight Prints is the brand name but you're failing to execute that critical part of your business. You have the best prices in the industry but if consumers are getting their goods weeks late, it doesnt matter. So firing/hiring people will not resolve your reputation if you can't fix what's happening in the factory.

Culture is extremely important to workers particularly millenials. You need to create a better work environment while still maximizing performance. These young workers are entering the work force and know the value of networking. How can we make the business card attractive to these workers? That should be the biggest question to answer for the company going forward.

Instead of responding and defending your position on every glassdoor review, take them to heart and make changes. One disgruntled employee, okay possibly. But when you have numerous reviews with common themes, you need to critically look at what you have built and make changes. Prospective employees will see these reviews and notice the same issues are still being brought up year after year and you do not pay enough to ignore these persistent issues.

"Worst company to work for"

I worked at FarHeap Solutions, Inc. full-time

Pros

You will learn how to live with low self-esteem and be disrespected constantly. The job will make you strong so when you move on to a different company, everything will seem wonderful. You will gain experience since you do work on multiple projects and will learn a lot

Cons

The culture is absolutely the worst thing in the company. The women are treated with disrespect and constantly yelled at by the CEO. You loose your self-esteem and confidence in what you know and what you do. They love taking advantage of good workers and men with no experience and limited knowledge. They also get compensated well and tolerated regardless of their ill demeanor and attitude to other employees. The CEO loves employees who are basically Yes Man. There is less work more drama and that's because the executive management encourages it. They are some good people in the company but nothing good happens because the CEO himself focuses always on the wrong things.

Advice to Management

Hire a better a CEO and trust him to do the work. Because the CEO doesn't know how to run his company or how to treat his employees well. It's a concept that doesn't exist in the company.

"Joke of a Company"

I worked at FarHeap Solutions, Inc. full-time

Pros

You get a paycheck for your slave labor.

Cons

This company's very existence is a con, in both the literal and figurative sense. Management is clueless, and senior management is an absolute joke. Brett thinks that he can use some simple hucksterism to cover up for the nearly universal bad reviews from both former employees and angry customers. This includes shill social media accounts, and shill employee accounts. It's bad comedy.

Advice to Management

Brett, divest now and move on, you are not Steve Jobs, and you're not astute enough to turn things around. And please spare me the canned, corporate retort from whatever lackey is handling online objections today. Reasonable people are going to correctly conclude this company is garbage, and no canned line is going to undo your multiple one-star reviews on glassdoor, yelp, google, etc etc etc.

Nov 29, 2017 – HR Mgr.

Reviews like this one are the reason Glassdoor has ceased being a valuable resource for job seekers. We don't have "shill" social media or "shill" employee accounts. Now, unbeknownst to senior... More

"Worst of the worst"

Current Employee - Corporate Management in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Corporate Management in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at FarHeap Solutions, Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Literally none at all, free soda ? Haha

Cons

CEO is a nefarious character that belittles his employees every chance he gets. Company has cut half of its staff and is sinking like the Titanic now at a very rapid pace.

Advice to Management

Don't have your unsavory Corp Controller reply to this post trying desperately to disagree with everything I have written here and try desperately to convince the world the company is thriving. I truly wish you would just take responsibility and try to improve for the many hard working people still here.

Aug 28, 2017 – Corporate Controller

This "unsavory corporate controller" is more than happy to respond to posts like this. I see our financial status day in and day out. I know our financial strengths and weaknesses like no one else. I... More

"Real glassdoor"

Former Employee - Programmer in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Programmer in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at FarHeap Solutions, Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Not a bad stepping stone to something much better

Cons

Not a place to stay

Advice to Management

None

Apr 14, 2017 – Corporate Controller

If you have any suggestions regarding ways we can improve corporate culture and work environment, please feel free to email Ken (HR Manager). We are always open to suggestions and cannot move forward... More

"Indeed Failing"

Former Employee - Global Mechatronics Manager in Louisville, KY
    Former Employee - Global Mechatronics Manager in Louisville, KY

I worked at FarHeap Solutions, Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

John Evans and a few other managers are top notch people.

Cons

Most of what has been said in reviews is true. There has been rounds of layoffs every 6 months or so. They just had one in vegas and in louisville. The company seems like it is about broke. Probley because the quality that is coming out of its louisville plant is terrible. The CEO is a scam artist. He loves to get over on people and try to sell them products that dont have near the capability that he says they do. He also tries to sell products that are not ready for production and have virtually no support once sold. Every time someone posts a bad review, some idiot behind a keyboard seems to try and say....not true....not true. But I can honestly say, coming from a management position that got to see the inner workings, this is an employer you want to stay well away from. The absolute worst job I ever had.

Advice to Management

Give up now. You are failing in ever possible way. Hard working people deserve better.

Mar 28, 2017 – Corporate Controller

***I am probably in the best position to address the concerns conveyed in this review. As Corporate Controller, I see the good, the bad, and the ugly and understand our financial strength better than... More

"Failing"

Former Employee - Software Developer in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Software Developer in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at FarHeap Solutions, Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They have some really talented and friendly software developers.

Cons

They have a standing policy of doing rounds of layoffs every 6 months. ~ It's a very political environment. ~ They can't build systems to scale at all. ~ They're losing traffic and revenue to vistaprint.com ~ Rather than being completely original they have weekly meetings where they discuss among other things, how they can implement features found on vistaprint.com. ~ They don't license software as they should i.e. they make millions of iText but refuse to license it. ~ They ship off as many jobs as possible to their Russia office in Saratov. ~ I.T. considers transparency as enemy #1 and the Cloud as enemy # 2. ~ Requires people to work 45 to 50 hour weeks, but only credits for things such as accrued vacation based on 40 hour weeks.

Mar 20, 2017 – HR Mgr.

We take strong exception to your review, as it misrepresents software development at our subsidiary (Farheap Solutions, Inc. has no software developers), as well as purports to present factual... More

"An excellent environment for growth if you put in the work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at FarHeap Solutions, Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A strong work ethic and ability to work efficiently are highly regarded in this company. If you're willing to work hard to get a job done, take action instead of just strategizing a plan you can move up in the company fairly quickly.

Cons

There are some parts that can be frustrating and disorganized at times but show me a company that doesn't have these issues.