FarHeap Solutions, Inc. Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated October 5, 2016

5.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Brett N Heap

1. "Best Work Enviroment EVER"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative

I have been working at FarHeap Solutions, Inc. full-time

Pros

Calm atmosphere, amazing co workers and massive support. Having recently come from Walmart I would say ANYTHING is better but this is leaps and bounds. Even during a high stress time, the management has time to answer my questions and encourage me to do so though they themselves are clearly swamped.

They even bought cookies and had people bring them around to us as we worked and thanked us for being there. I have never felt so appreciated and never felt so invested so fast into something I am doing!

Pay is very competitive and I see lots of room to grow within!

Cons

It sounds cliche but I see none. As I stated above; great hours, great pay, great management and great coworkers.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. You guys are great and I can not thank you enough for giving me this opportunity. The short time I have been here, you guys have given my life a hope I haven't had in a long itme!

Sep 26, 2016 – HR Mgr.

Thank you for this feedback. We try hard to recognize our valued employees. Sometimes we fall short when things get hectic and we momentarily lose sight of *all* the team members who make us ... More

"Not for wallflowers"

Current Employee - Corporate Controller and Chief Financial Officer in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at FarHeap Solutions, Inc. full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

1) The company is growing, expanding. It's profitable, and energetic, and dynamic. It is rare to find a company where short-, mid-, and long-term prospects are good, and Farheap is one of those companies.
    2) No ageism, sexism, racism. You will be judged on the basis of your accomplishments. Young and smart? Older and wise? LDS, Jewish, atheist, Baptist? Doesn't matter. If you bring good ideas to the plate, your contribution will be valued. I am living proof of that.
    3) CEO is WYSIWYG. He does not put on airs, try to impress or flatter. If you put an idea or suggestion on the table, he will listen, engage you, probably argue with you, tear your idea to shreds. But he will listen.
    4) The company has undergone a sea change in the past six months. We are consciously striving to put a corporate culture in place that will hire only the very best and brightest, that will encourage innovation and plain speaking, and that will keep us cutting edge. We have no tolerance for mediocrity, and because of that, we try to reward excellence.
    5) There is probably not a company anywhere in the USA that works this hard on innovation and efficiencies. We happen to be focused on the print industry at present, and we love what we do and the beautiful products we produce. But we are always looking for ways to work smarter, in every aspect of corporate life.
    6) Management works hard to bring everyone together, regardless of job title or seniority. Executive staff tries to learn names, faces, duties, and personalities of all employees, not just the "important" people. We believe *everyone* is important, whether customer service, production, accounting, design, or any other division.
    7) There are few companies that celebrate diversity like we do. We have a subsidiary in Russia and affiliate in Germany, and are looking to put down roots in other countries as well. If we were to take a company photo, you would see every skin color, every religion (and no religion), every political persuasion, every sexual orientation, and both genders well represented. This is a conscious effort of management to make this happen.
    8) I have mentioned innovation above. We look for people who think outside the box. Where other companies require thinking within corporate boundaries, our CEO and management try to find individuals who are self-confident, geniuses, hard working, and fun.

Cons

a) It is a demanding work environment. Working lean means small offices and small cubicles, few extravagant perqs, and small staffs in all departments.
    b) Which in turn means long working hours for everyone. [Note: Even with long working hours, most people from customer service to production to accounting to management take full weekends off.]
    c) Because of the devotion to innovation, if a parameter changes, it is likely that direction changes very fast as well. People who must work linearly and methodically do not function well in our environment.
    d) We are a "disruptive" workplace.
    e) Some jobs require better work spaces than are currently provided.
    f) Benefits need to be improved. [We are working on it, but it's a slow process.]

Advice to Management

First, improve benefits, especially vacation pay and 401(k). Second, move executive-finance-accounting-marketing-administrative-HR to more professional office space. Third, consider one additional hire per department.

Dec 6, 2016 – HR Mgr.

Thanks for this input. We hope you've seen the improvements (even if gradual) in benefits package. And yes, the job is demanding, but rewarding at the same time.

"For the self-starter"

I have been working at FarHeap Solutions, Inc. full-time

Pros

If you want to discover yourself through the crucible of change in a challenging environment, there is no better place. I would never have guessed I'd have such opportunities for growth when I started. My opinions matter here and have the power to change minds, priorities, and products.

Cons

The "Pros" above are conditional to the individual. Many individuals find it too challenging an environment for an extended career. Your mileage may vary.

Feb 29, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to post your views. We recognize that our fast-paced environment can be challenging (good word!) for some people, and hope that the growing pains are worth it. Happy too ... More

5. "Quiet and warm harbor on the bleeding edge"

Current Employee - Web Developer in Saratov, Saratovskaya Oblast' (Russia)
    Current Employee - Web Developer in Saratov, Saratovskaya Oblast' (Russia)

I have been working at FarHeap Solutions, Inc. (More than 3 years)

Pros

Bleeding edge.
    Fast and agile workflow.
    Adequate reviews.
    Very interesting subjects of projects
    Not outsourcing, just company products.
    Sweet and helpful staff.

Cons

Legacy projects with old and heavy architecture.
    Very complicated subject of the sphere of production.
    Sport's room was revoked, so currently we don't have tennis room.

Oct 10, 2016 – HR Mgr.

Thank you for your response. It is good to know that our international colleagues also feel like a part of the Farheap team!

6. "If you like a challenge and working with smart people, this is your place."

Current Employee - Lead Developer
    Current Employee - Lead Developer

I have been working at FarHeap Solutions, Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working with the latest technologies.

Extremely intelligent people to learn from and have discussions with.

Great work environment. Management wants to make it feel like home, where you actually look forward to come in every day.

Awesome projects, flexible hours, good benefits package, great compensation, friday projects (Work on your favorite thing), free sodas, Hockey table, foosball table and travel....need I say more?

I've read the reviews here, and have seen none of the problems described. Either they must have been disgruntled employees, or the company has gone in a completely new direction.

Either way, best place i've worked at in a long time.

Cons

If you do not like an environment where you'll be challenged, you will not fit. We live by work hard, play hard.

Advice to Management

Keep going the route you're going. Keep hiring smart people, and developing the business and it will succeed.