Fareportal Reviews | Glassdoor

Sam Jain

"Good company"

Current Employee - Inbound Customer Service Representative in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Fareportal full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Team leaders are patient. Acceptable medical benefits. Steady work schedule. Relaxed work atmosphere. Friendly co- workers. Hard work is acknowledged and appreciated.

Cons

Challenging clients. Occasional system issues but always corrected in a timely manner.

Fareportal2019-04-08

"Great Company!!"

in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Fareportal

Pros

Fareportal is a family oriented company with a good working environment.

Cons

Communication between locations can be improved.

Advice to Management

Continue to keep the employees informed on process or changes that are implemented.

Fareportal2017-04-14

"Challenging yet rewarding workplace"

Senior Software Engineer in New York, NY

I have been working at Fareportal

Pros

Having worked with Fareportal for more than 2 years, I've seen the company transition into a very mature state compared to what we were when I first started. There are lots of exciting, challenging projects to work on, encouragement and freedom to innovate. The contributions are recognized and rewarded appropriately. You can feel a strong sense of teamwork where everyone is passionately doing there work, and there's lot of support from leadership. It's a big company but has startup like opportunities to learn and contribute in any area you are interested it. You can really define and shape your career here. Lots of complex problem solving, with support from really smart team members.

Cons

Better planning and prioritization of projects would let teams focus on whats important. Also, having more resources would help deliver a lot of great projects that sometimes get delayed otherwise.

Advice to Management

The management has done a great job in listening to employees and providing an environment to let them build great products. Would be great to see more people in technology and product leadership with technical vision to build enterprise architecture that aligns with a thought through product vision.

Fareportal2016-09-13

"Great Company"

Current Employee - Team Leader in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Fareportal full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Fareportal is fast growing company in the Travel Industry with innovative technology. The team I work with have great work ethics and are very compassionate during times of need.

Cons

The retirement benefits could be improved with 401k matching. The office environment is need of a makeover. Travel Benefits could be improved. There are no fam trips offered to employees

Advice to Management

Let your employees voices be heard. It doesn't matter what position you hold, we all can learn from each other.

Fareportal2016-07-28

"Great Place to Work!!!"

Current Employee - Team Leader in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Fareportal full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great benefits, incentives, time off. This company is very family oriented. Provide a good working atmosphere. They are always doing something for the employees.

Cons

Communication needs to improve. Just like almost anywhere you work communication can always be improved. Follow through is also important, they do try real hard but a times things do fall through the cracks.

Advice to Management

Stay on top of things happening within the office to ensure follow through and completion.

Fareportal2016-07-28

"Love my job!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Fareportal full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

This is a fast paced company that will challenge you and give you the opportunity to learn and grow. Fareportal is very diverse and I enjoy meeting and working with people from different backgrounds. Travel is an ever changing industry and I am proud to be a part of a company that is a leader in travel technology.

Cons

With every large corporation there are always opportunities for improvement. With world wide offices communication is key.

Fareportal2016-07-26

"Best of the Best"

Current Employee - Associate Director Operations in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Fareportal full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Been with the company since 2007, that alone is a testimonial on how great Fareportal is. Constant growth, adapting and facing challenges in the industry head on. Leaders that are relentless in making a difference.

Cons

*Unifying all locations with same processes *Close the gap in communication between corporate and local offices *Need more local recognition and awards

Fareportal2016-07-26

"Fantastic Work Environment!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Fareportal full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Fareportal offers an excellent work environment, conducive to innovation, idea sharing, and personal/professional growth. I am regularly challenged in my role, which keeps me learning new skills and building valuable experience on a daily basis. The people I work with are fantastic, and our casual work environment paired with our frequent activities and events make it a great place to work!

Cons

Opportunities exist for increased communication between our location and the corporate office, especially during periods of change and/or growth.

Fareportal2016-07-25

"Learn, Create and Grow"

Current Employee - Development Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Fareportal full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Fareportal NY office is a fun place to work, with tremendous learning opportunity everyday. Great location in the heart of Manhattan, day starts with breakfasts these days, that boosts the energy to take up interesting challenges. We have weekly fitness classes like yoga, body sculpt to keep our body and mind healthy. Technology at Fareportal is one of the most innovative and creative departments where we get lot of opportunity to grow and create new things. We adapt latest technologies every year that keeps all the team members motivated and inspired. There are really good opportunity to work on some of the coolest fields of computer science like Machine learning and Artificial intelligence. We have monthly sessions organized by FLDU to learn and know about latest updates in technologies. We organize internal and external Hack events every year that allows us time to really thing out of box. Technology Dept. is also emphasizing on mobile technologies to support the business on other devices. Working at Fareportal always keeps your career path strong and stable

Cons

As a part of growth we need to streamlines few processes but such things are always evolutionary that can be improved over the period of time.

Fareportal2016-07-07

"Build your own destiny"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Fareportal full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Super fast paced environment and never a dull day. My boss is great at allowing our team to learn beyond our roles which helps us grow within our department. Always able to present ideas to enhance our processes which further helps my career here. Casual environment and the ability to wear jeans each day.

Cons

Lots of work to get done in a short amount of time, but I guess it's better that there's so much to do.

Advice to Management

Remove the silos within departments to enhance collaboration and best practices. Update our technologies so we can work smarter.

Fareportal2016-06-30