Farm Credit Bank of Texas Reviews | Glassdoor

Farm Credit Bank of Texas CEO Larry R. Doyle
Larry R. Doyle
  1. Featured Review

"Solid and Stable"

I have been working at Farm Credit Bank of Texas full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Work/Life Balance Financially stable organization Flexible work schedule Competitive salary, good benefits Great 401(k) match Excellent tuition reimbursement program Fun employee events Good people Diversity

Cons

Heavily regulated industry Due to size, limited growth opportunities Long tenured leaders who have never worked anywhere else. Since they haven't worked outside of the Farm Credit system, they haven't experienced different work cultures or leadership styles.

Advice to Management

Train and develop your managers and employees. Trust and empower your employees.

Farm Credit Bank of Texas2018-09-26
  2. "Very good place to work"

Pros

Exciting work, great atmosphere. Nice flexibility and work like balance. Talented younger management.

Cons

Finance and banking can be complex, challenging and require a certain degree of aptitude.

Farm Credit Bank of Texas2019-07-16
  3. "High School Drama, AARP Daycare, A Special kind of Club"

Former Employee - Bureaucrat in Austin, TX

I worked at Farm Credit Bank of Texas full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

You go to a job and you get some money for performing said job.

Cons

I have never seen such organized suppression of true productivity, career advancement and customer satisfaction of this caliber through the use and abuse of "Bureaucracy", "Seniority" and "VIP Access"

Advice to Management

The future is now.

Farm Credit Bank of Texas2019-09-23

"Great place to work"

I have been working at Farm Credit Bank of Texas full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have worked at Farm Credit Bank of Texas for about a year now and have had a very positive experience. Prior to my time with Farm Credit Bank of Texas, I spent 10+ years in a consulting role and saw corporate cultures across industries, company sizes, and in both regulated and non-regulated industries. Farm Credit Bank of Texas has by far the best culture of a company I have worked with or for. A few highlights... are: -Starting with the CEO and exhibited by senior leaders throughout the organization, FCBT cares about its people. Leaders go out of their way to support their employees - from recognizing good performance in real time to offering opportunities to give back to the community to hosting company wide events. The bank truly values long tenured employees and the are many, many employees that have been with the bank for 5, 10, 15, 35+ years. - The bank allows for true work / life balance, including being flexible on personal commitments and limiting required after hours events. - The bank offers competitive salaries and benefits and is transparent about annual increases and the bonus program. - The bank is supportive of an individual's training needs and is willing to invest in their development.

Cons

- Due to the bank's investment in people, there is generally low turnover which can limit some individual's upward mobility. However, as stated above, there are opportunities for personal development where an individual can get experience in different departments throughout the bank.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on hiring, retaining, and developing the best people.

Farm Credit Bank of Texas2018-11-21

"Project Manager"

I worked at Farm Credit Bank of Texas full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work and Change are Progressing and there are numerous opportunities to get involved in changing areas and new projects. This is an entity that is an amalgam of 11 different banking associations and you can help both very large and very small associations across 5 states

Cons

There have been a number of issues in the IT area that are just now getting fixed.

Advice to Management

Keep up the direction you are currently going.

Farm Credit Bank of Texas2018-10-07
  6. "Good people, friendly culture"

I have been working at Farm Credit Bank of Texas full-time

Pros

Great opportunity to learn from experienced financial and IT professionals.

Cons

Location is not ideal for food, gas or coffee.

Farm Credit Bank of Texas2018-10-02

"BA management unethical and unprofessional"

I worked at Farm Credit Bank of Texas full-time for less than a year

Pros

Located at hill side remote, car parking, nice place

Cons

I was interviewed for more than an hour onsite and brought in especially for cash management. From Day 1, I only received hostility the management was pushing me to do 4 weeks work in 1 week. I did not receive any support other than being dominated by their fellow employee. I had prepared all the documentations myself within two and half weeks sitting long hours. After everything was completed they played their... dirty game by playing favoritism, they gave my work to a contractor turned full time employee( 4 month older than me working for the firm) who did nothing at all, came to office late, she was trying to learn from me and even lied about me and the management appreciated it without clarifying and dominated me every moment. Overall bad management, with unethical and unprofessional practices.

Advice to Management

Get skilled people to be on the management not unskilled and insecure people to run management whose only motive is to give skilled workers hard time.

Farm Credit Bank of Texas2018-09-30
  8. "Overall, a good place to work"

I have been working at Farm Credit Bank of Texas full-time

Pros

Location, culture, benefits, employees and mission

Cons

Location - traffic, compensation, work/life balance, management

Advice to Management

Be more methodical in assigning work to subordinates and avoid piling it on the most productive employees

Farm Credit Bank of Texas2018-05-17
  9. "Awesome"

I have been working at Farm Credit Bank of Texas full-time

Pros

Good environment, good people - always excited for work. Positive attitudes around.

Cons

Long drive to work but that's ok

Advice to Management

None

Farm Credit Bank of Texas2018-03-07

"This place needs a lot of change!"

I have been working at Farm Credit Bank of Texas full-time

Pros

Location HR tries to have a lot of engaging events Some co-workers are nice

Cons

As another reviewer mentioned, this place is a mixed bag! What seems to hold true throughout the organization is that there are lots of old timers with an old timer's mentality.......no desire to operate in a modern work environment and provide modern work amenities. Founded in 1918 and still operating as such.....the amount of overtime is sickening. Good luck!

Advice to Management

Modernize!!! Hold managers accountable!!!!

Farm Credit Bank of Texas2017-12-29