Farm Credit Mid-America Reviews | Glassdoor

4.2
Farm Credit Mid-America CEO Bill Johnson
Bill Johnson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Huge emphasis on maintaining a great work-life balance (in 8 reviews)

• Great benefits, fantastic culture, great people to work with (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • label you, flat organization, does not promote (in 3 reviews)

• FCMA is embracing that change; sometimes this creates tight deadlines and some stress; however, we are adapting to keep up with the needs of the market (in 3 reviews)

1. "Almost too good to be true!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Farm Credit Mid-America full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They really make a new employee feel welcomed and special. There is a certain level of politicking that goes on but I cannot list it as a con because ALL employers have that (there are only so many positions!). They are very flexible and I truly believe the majority of the people working there are good people up to the CEO. In new employee orientation, which is a few days, the CEO led the entire first day. The next two days the executive team was there and they are good, unpretentious, hard working people. The CEO had dinner for all new employees at his house. I truly believe they are in business to help people and help people that keep America running, the farmers. I feel blessed to have landed here.

Cons

One of the cons, as I see it, which is also a pro is that a number of leaders are new & inexperienced so there are the normal drawbacks to that. However, they are new & inexperienced because they've been given the opportunity to grow from within.

Advice to Management

There will always be naysayers...keep doing what you're doing!

"Great culture if you are a sheep"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Farm Credit Mid-America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is for you if you are a sheep and want follow the corporate culture cleverly disguised as a free, open ended corporation with opportunities for everybody. Far from it! Management is somewhat rigid and stuck in the past and colleagues will stab you in the back when they have the opportunity. Have seen this happen many times and was sickened by it!

Cons

Corporate culture wrapped into a nice delivery package, with perks that make you think this is the the real deal.

Advice to Management

PLEASE listen to ALL employees from all departments! They all have good feedback!

Dec 4, 2017 – Farm Credit Mid-America

Thank you for your review. Our aim is to be a great place to work, and we’re sorry to hear of your experience. All employees are encouraged to share ideas and feedback, as well as raise concerns... More

3. "Great!"

Former Employee - Financial Services Intern in Louisville, KY
    Former Employee - Financial Services Intern in Louisville, KY

I worked at Farm Credit Mid-America full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It is a great company to work for and there is a lot of opportunity to grow within the company.

Cons

When hiring they are very biased towards people with an Ag background, when they are just a financial services company.

Advice to Management

Be more open to people that do not have Ag backgrounds.

Nov 15, 2017 – Farm Credit Mid-America

Thank you for your review! We hire employees based on merit and experience as we lend to and support rural communities and agriculture.

4. "Client Services Tech"

Former Employee - IT Support Specialist in Louisville, KY
    Former Employee - IT Support Specialist in Louisville, KY

I worked at Farm Credit Mid-America (More than 5 years)

Pros

Fair salary, with a bonus at the end of the year that can vary

Cons

Ridiculous expectations. Unnecessary stressful work environment.

Oct 26, 2017 – Farm Credit Mid-America

Thank you for your review. All of our work is ultimately to better serve the needs of our customers.

There are many ways team members can raise concerns, including concerns about expectations and... More

"Great team to work for at FCMA!!!"

Former Employee - Financial Specialist Credit in Louisville, KY
    Former Employee - Financial Specialist Credit in Louisville, KY

I worked at Farm Credit Mid-America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The financial specialist credit position is a great job at FCMA. Working for James, Nick, and Nathaniel allowed me to enjoy my life at work and outside of work with a great balance. They provide you with great training to give you every opportunity to succeed and care about you personally rather than just as an employee. They will allow you with endless opportunities to grow your experience and skill set to achieve your goals providing any necessary resources to do so. It's a great position for credit and agriculture. They have great training in place and will continuously take the time to develop you to keep growing you as a better team member. It's a very satisfying and rewarding job having a verylarge impact on the company as a Financial Specialist Credit. It's a great team if your looking to continuously gain valuable knowledge and experience while enjoying each day doing so. Farm Credit is a great place to work and the benefits are outstanding. My experience working at FCMA as a Financial Specialist Credit under the leadership of James, Nick, and Nathaniel was a great opportunity that couldn't of been any greater.

Cons

There aren't any downsides as a Financial Specialist Credit but the great thing is how open leadership is if you do feel this way. They are very approachable and will always make time for team members for suggestions or issues. This makes for a much happier work place.

Sep 29, 2017 – Director of Recruitment

Thank you for your review! We strive to cultivate a culture where coaching and training are celebrated and expected, and we are so glad you got to experience this first-hand.

"Farm Credit Mid America Current Employee Review"

Current Employee - Financial Specialist in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Financial Specialist in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Farm Credit Mid-America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working at Farm Credit Mid-America is my first job since graduating college; and honestly, it couldn't be any better. It is unbelievable how much I truly enjoy going to work. Out of my friends who I graduated with that currently have jobs; I am the only one who loves their job. I am the only one who hangs out with my coworkers outside of the workplace. I am the only one who could see myself retiring with the company I am at. And I think that says a lot. Farm Credit Mid America does all that they can to support their employees. If you want to further your education through trainings, they will offer them. If you want to shadow other sectors of the company to explore possible lateral transfers or to just see how they operate, your leaders will work with you to set those up. If you just want to move up the metaphorical ladder, there is room for advancement. Besides all of the technical factors, I don’t think enough could be said about the nature of the company. We have fun. On my first day, I sat down at my desk and found a nerf gun. When I asked the people beside me, their responses – “Don’t stay after 4:30 on a Friday and you won’t need it.” Needless to say, I knew I was at the right place in that very moment. Also, what other company has the CEO invite all new hires into his home just to share a meal? What other company gives all employees a half day off and free tickets in order to go to the state fair? To say Farm Credit Mid America is a great company is an understatement. I think it’s more appropriate to say that Farm Credit Mid America is a family. I couldn’t be any happier than the choice I made to work here, and I don’t see myself leaving any time soon.

Cons

Quite frankly, I genuinely believe that there is not a con associated with working here. I could not have asked for a better company.

Sep 29, 2017 – Director of Recruitment

Thank you for your review! We’re happy to have you in the Farm Credit Mid-America family.

7. "The Best Company I've Ever had the Pleasure to Work For"

I have been working at Farm Credit Mid-America full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great benefits and pay. An association that not only strives to serve their customers to the best of their ability, but also takes care of their employees. There are many employee and employee + family gatherings. An internal employee recognition program as well as random (nice) gifts throughout the year. Free fountain soda and frequent snacks and meals. Annual technology refreshes, so staff is always working with the newest and best tools available. Leadership is genuinely concerned about and works very hard at growing their employees. They are supportive and understanding, and allow for a great work / life balance.

Cons

Challenging, but necessary organizational changes to facilitate our ability to grow and better serve customers.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing, and be proud of the positive changes you've made for not only our customers, but our association.

Oct 3, 2017 – Farm Credit Mid-America

Thank you for the review! We’re glad that you're part of the Farm Credit Mid-America team.

"Great Place"

Pros

There is so much room for growth!

Cons

You have to work hard to succeed.... not really a con, but too many people will think it is.

Sep 6, 2017 – Director of Recruitment

Thank you for the review! We agree that there is a continual need to adapt, which can be hard work. We hope you will continue to grow and succeed here at Farm Credit Mid-America.

"Good company. Bad leadership."

I have been working at Farm Credit Mid-America full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits are great. Tools and resources are good. Coworkers are for the most part hard working and all around good people.

Cons

One of the worst displays of favoritism I've ever had the displeasure to witness. IT group is managed by cronyism and if not part of the good ole boy network, forget it. "Leaders" are selected by how close you are to the CIO, who unbelievably is now also the CFO. What a joke.

Advice to Management

Wake up and see what's going on! Morale is at all time low and based upon what I've been hearing many people, some long time employees, are preparing to leave. The BOD needs to get a handle on senior leaders and who's getting promoted and why.

Aug 29, 2017 – MarComm Specialist

Thank you for your review. Employees are chosen based on merit and experience to help us fulfill our purpose to secure the future of rural communities and agriculture and all changes are made with... More

"Best Company I've Ever Worked At!"

Current Employee - Corporate Office in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Corporate Office in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Farm Credit Mid-America full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Strategic vision and plan to achieve it; Customer-focused; Leadership; Co-workers; Leading edge technology; Culture; Salary; Variable Compensation; Benefits; work/life balance; Best Places to Work in Kentucky 3 yrs in a row

Cons

Tuition reimbursement is a little low

Advice to Management

Keep strategic initiatives prioritized, keep providing us resources, and let us continue to do great things.