Farm Fresh To You & Capay Organic Reviews | Glassdoor

4.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Thaddeus Barsotti & Freeman Barsotti

1. Featured Review

"Farm Fresh To You - Great Career Path"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Farm Fresh To You & Capay Organic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

As an employee, one of the must important factors to me is how you feel when you come into work. Farm Fresh To You/Capay Organic is a company where managers care about you, the management cares about your opinions, and trust you to do your job. It is every changing and growing, and it promotes growth within the organization. We have the opportunity to advance in our careers, knowledge, and experience. Your rewarded for your performance accomplishments. My career has advanced greatly from coming aboard 2 years ago and I'm very excited to see what the new year has to bring.

Cons

The paid time off policy has improved greatly over the past years, but I hope in the coming year the company will offer a more competitive accrual policy.

Advice to Management

Continue to promote growth within the organization.

2. "AP/AR Clerk"

Current Employee - Payroll Clerk in West Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Payroll Clerk in West Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Farm Fresh To You & Capay Organic full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

People. I mean, people, whom I work with and the opportunity I have to learn and grow within the company.

Cons

The portable environment, not an actual edifice.

Advice to Management

Manager is always right even when he/she is wrong.

"Opened my eyes to the sales industry."

Former Employee - Reactivation Sales in Anaheim, CA
    Former Employee - Reactivation Sales in Anaheim, CA

I worked at Farm Fresh To You & Capay Organic part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexibility, outside sales is door to door interactive, customer service development, learning experience, temporary work, sells experience, and opportunities for commission.

Cons

Lack of proper training for employees, poor in office communication, inconsistencies in payroll, boiler room vibe, unprofessional setting, poor wages, and lack of cleanliness in the office.

Advice to Management

It would be great if the sales team had more opportunity to get involved with on the farm activities.

5. "Farm Fresh To You is a Great Company!"

I have been working at Farm Fresh To You & Capay Organic full-time

Pros

Farm Fresh To You is a great place to work. It's a small business that is growing very rapidly. The Company has such a great passion for the work they do! The atmosphere at the Corporate Office is very relaxed. Everyone is so friendly and gets along very well. I really enjoy the fruits and vegetables that are locally grown.

Cons

With the company growing so rapidly, they are not always able to keep up with all the changes that are needed.

Advice to Management

Work on turnover rate.

6. "Excellent Company fast growing with excellent health benefits"

Former Employee - Help Desk Technician in West Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Help Desk Technician in West Sacramento, CA

I worked at Farm Fresh To You & Capay Organic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This company is fast growing and organic. Young leadership, college educated, and very driven.

Cons

They demand a lot out of their staff due to rapid growth - hang on to your seat!

Advice to Management

Pray more

7. "Former Direct Sales Representative"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Farm Fresh To You & Capay Organic (More than a year)

Pros

Good Company, provides Fresh Seasonal Organic Produce to help families improve there Health, mind and body. Out door work, Good exercise, Good Group of Sales representatives.

Cons

Working rain or shine

Advice to Management

Make sure all employees receive the same opportunities to achieve success and do not play favorites concerning certain employees.

8. "The perfect combination of challenge and passion. Love my job!!"

Current Employee - Branding/Marketing in West Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Branding/Marketing in West Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Farm Fresh To You & Capay Organic full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Farm Fresh To You is a fast-paced growing family company with a passionate mission to change the food system and help local farmers stay in business. The owners are motivated to do more than just be in business. It is appealing to work for advocates who are pioneers in the organic food movement and who want to make a difference. There is lots of knowledge and expertise in this company. There are also many opportunities to improve systems and make a difference. The people I work with are very passionate, knowledgeable and professional with a skoosh of humor, ok a lot, which makes it a great team environment to come to each day! If you want to part of something positive that is changing the health of America and helping support sustainable farming that protects our land for future generations and provides communities with good nutritious food this is a great place to work. Having a boss you admire, is competent and fair, fights the right battles and helps get work done efficiently is such a bonus. Plus I have an amazing team of talented individuals to work with to accomplish many goals that are contributing to the success of the company. The work I do is different everyday, challenging, creative, fun and rewarding.

Cons

As a growing company there is a lot of things that need to be tackled and much work to be done throughout the company. It requires strategic thought and careful management to prioritize so we can get it done while not burning people out. Internal communications can be a challenge between departments and filtering down from the owners but the company realizes this and is working hard to help various departments work together to engage employees and welcomes ideas in this process.

Advice to Management

As we grow it is important to hire the experts and carefully guide them and let them do what they do best and also give them opportunities to enhance their skill set with new responsibilities. Continue to offer advancement opportunities throughout the company but also create paths for dedicated, motivated, long-term employees to keep them satisfied.

9. "Sales Manager"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in West Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in West Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Farm Fresh To You & Capay Organic full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Farm Fresh To You is a fast-paced, dynamic company within a feel-good industry - getting people to eat more organic fruits and veggies. There is a lot to love about working here - the changing seasons bring new waves of fruits and vegetables into the office and in general, people work here because they are passionate about eating fresh, local, organic produce. It's fun to see what people pack in their lunch and you can generally find someone in the middle of the office or in the kitchen making something with whatever is in season.
    A fast growing. innovative company that is led by entrepreneurs in their 30s brings with it a ton of advantages - there are a lot of opportunities for me to take the lead on projects that I might not otherwise be able to in a more traditional organization.
    I love selling produce and introducing people to new produce varieties and new ways of preparing fruits and vegetables. I like getting to be involved with the farming arm of this organization - working with the harvest managers to assess what is coming from the fields.

Cons

Just as there are huge advantages to a fast-growing, fast-paced company, there are challenges too - this company has immature systems and the organization undergoes a lot of change. This is exciting because it is a challenge and it makes your brain hurt in a good way, however, getting essential tasks of my position accomplished can be difficult and frustrating due to lack of established processes.

Advice to Management

Continue to have middle-management involved in long term planning

10. "Outside Sales Rep"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Sacramento, CA

I worked at Farm Fresh To You & Capay Organic full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible schedule, lots of autonomy, promoting something that you believe in and are passionate about, discount on produce.

Cons

Owners do not value their good employees and do not do anything to keep top producers around, no benefits, the outside sales team is treated as the "pariah" of the company, commission only and you have to get a credit card at the door, super high turnover.

Advice to Management

Do more to keep good employees from leaving.

"Great Family Owned Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Sacramento, CA

Pros

Farm Fresh To You is a great place to work where they allow you to take ownership in the company if you present good ideas. The company is family owned and operated it is run professionally. You are a part of the family when you join the team and with the company growing it provides opportunities for advancement. The company even hosts employee cooking contests every month which is fun for everyone using the produce they grow on the farm. Employees also have access to a HUGE fruit bowl for snacks.

Cons

Honestly I love working at Farm Fresh To You and don't have any cons at this time.

Advice to Management

Increase employee communications on a portal of some type.