Farmers Insurance Group Field Claims Representative Reviews | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Farmers Insurance Group Field Claims Representative Reviews

Updated Feb 26, 2019

1.9
Farmers Insurance Group CEO Jeff Dailey
Jeff Dailey
  1. "Great experience"

Current Employee - Field Claims Representative

I have been working at Farmers Insurance Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Benefits, pto, ability to move around

Cons

Political, sometimes feels like communication is difficult between management and employees

Advice to Management

Focus more on employees and customer satisfaction will follow

Farmers Insurance Group2015-03-05

"Claims Adjuster"

Current Employee - Field Claims Representative in Elizabeth, NJ

I have been working at Farmers Insurance Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Benefits? Every year you get reviewed for 'salary considerations' depending on your 'opportunities' Finally interested in technology just happens to be always a step behind the real deal.

Cons

Lack of diversity Micro Management Ever changing goals to make sure you can never meet Target. Volume Work life balance

Advice to Management

Invest in technology that actually makes sense versus some platform someone in California decided to push because a power point sold them. Invest in your employees, employee morale should be of higher focus than key data points some out of reality corporate person is pushing for themselves. If you can't gain that trust with your employees you will continuously have trouble getting them to do more than they have to. Work on transparency, integrity, excellence and trust for yourself before you use that to take money away from your employees.

Farmers Insurance Group2019-02-26

"Field Claims Adjuster"

Field Claims Representative in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Farmers Insurance Group for more than 10 years

Pros

Company car every couple of years, extensive training (much required and even more available if desire? , great employees and management (in my office). Good benefits, good 401 company match.

Cons

High work load and many customers are mad and difficult, They do not understand their policy and its put all on you as the field person at their ignorance. Constant changes and management flopping back and forth trying to understand the changes that they are getting and its difficult to keep up. Can be long hours but in California (thankfully) we get lots of overtime, however, sometimes you feel the work can never get done. Much focus on the mistakes that are made very little discussion on the things you do well. Can lead to bad moral among employees. Sometimes unbalanced work load. Managment needs to get a handle on that. Seems to have little opportunity to promote unless you are on the favorite list by management. Many times raises and advancement seems that its given by favorites not work product.

Advice to Management

Focus on the good as well as the training opportunities. All bad leads to a very frustrated staff. Changes every other week with little understanding or messages to what the changes are can lead to a lot of stress and unhappiness at work.

Farmers Insurance Group2018-05-18
  4. "Claims Representative"

Former Employee - Field Claims Representative in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Farmers Insurance Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great company; great opportunity for advancement

Cons

No cons that would be significant

Farmers Insurance Group2017-10-18
  5. "Sr Special Field Claims Rep"

Former Employee - Special Field Claims Representative in Tarpon Springs, FL

I worked at Farmers Insurance Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great benefits, a lot of great people

Cons

no support, company layed me off in such a way as to not pay have to pay me severance for 10+ years service, or bonus owed for 2016. Farmers is pulling out of Florida I have medical problems.

Advice to Management

grow some, and follow your own rules for ethics and morality

Farmers Insurance Group2017-01-04

"Property Field Claims Representative"

Field Claims Representative in Dallas, TX

I worked at Farmers Insurance Group for less than a year

Pros

401k matching, pto, company car, company cell phone, set your own appointments, minimal supervision

Cons

Having to pay for insurance and taxes on company car (about $60 a month), long training period

Advice to Management

If it's not broken, don't fix it, too many things are constantly changing that only adds more to the already heavy work load.

Farmers Insurance Group2016-02-18
  7. "Farmers reviews FCR"

Former Employee - Field Claims Representative in Dallas, TX

I worked at Farmers Insurance Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Extensive training and support for new adjusters. State of the art training facility and staff. Opportunists to earn more $ with catastrophe claims.

Cons

Adjusted where look upon as being easily expendable and just another replaceable cog in the insurance wheel. just my experience, could be and industry thing and not just Farmers.

Farmers Insurance Group2016-01-16

"Claims"

Current Employee - Field Claims Representative in Westlake Village, CA

I have been working at Farmers Insurance Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Family environment, fair pay, and management cares. CEO is very inspirational and very involved with acknowledging employees who go over and beyond. (not me, just saw some of my peers in claims get such appreciation from him) he seems to have great ideas for our future and policy holders mixed with appreciation of the old company with new ideas to stay relevant.

Cons

Claims system outdated. Reviews. Even though have received a good review for several years, the process of discussing our ratings with others, discussion, and labels. They tell you did well but then all this focus on behaviors make the focus on the negative not on the good and makes you feel insecure, less whole, and every little word, gesture is being watched. Now I know that is important but the nick picking does nothing to develop you as an employee

Advice to Management

Go to a different type of employee reviews. There is a way to manage out those who are not meeting expectations. Your good employee who delivers for you everyday feels less appreciated with these constant labels for different layers of the "good ones". Also, some of the lower standards they say are not a "career ruiner" which is not true. You can call it Building but it is seems to encourage good employees with a few minor issues that were taken care of little incentive to feel they are deemed a good employee. I have not been such rated but good peers who had a few minor issues that were resolved were and now wish to leave when we need them. Seems using this standard more liberally to make quotas. You discuss diversity and yet I do not see such in upper leadership or the ones in there in same roles and never given change or selected for upper positions in claims. Use to feel like an old boy network with now with a new CCO who is younger feels like a new boy network. Nice guy from my limited exposure to him at Town Hall, just believe he is not seeing all his leaders are men his age, no diversity. Some of the leaders in leaders below him seem ok, but nothing original. Just same old way of doing claims with no fresh ideas that diversity could bring to that group and Claims overall and improve an environment that was moving in the right direction and now feels stale and lots of corporate speakeasy and no actions.

Farmers Insurance Group2016-01-01
  9. "The Worst"

Field Claims Representative in Jersey City, NJ

I worked at Farmers Insurance Group

Pros

A job that's it. a pay check some nice people

Cons

A horrible place to work. Other than stiffing people for over time,(and get sued ) do not get injured even if they were directly responsible for the injury. Farmers HR will terminate you. HR dept will will not respond until the state labor board and a lawyer. actually start sending certified letters. If you are a seasoned professional, do not walk RUN!!!

Advice to Management

Close up shop

Farmers Insurance Group2015-12-10
  10. "Lack direction"

Former Employee - Field Claims Representative in Birmingham, AL

I worked at Farmers Insurance Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Coworkers are in the trenches with you. You're all going thru the same 'stuff', and have them to complain to.

Cons

Management is off the rails. Inconsistent direction once they took on garbage policies from AIG. Reorg after reorg, didn't replace those who jumped ship, then reorg again. Makes you think they don't know whether they are coming or going...

Farmers Insurance Group2015-09-23