Farmers Insurance Group Reviews in Olathe, KS | Glassdoor

Farmers Insurance Group CEO Jeff Dailey
Jeff Dailey

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Cons

1. "Great company little growth"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Olathe, KS
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Olathe, KS

I worked at Farmers Insurance Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great culture, good benefits, caring management.

Cons

Difficult to advance because of a ton of extra training per position.

Advice to Management

Make the training a little more interactive. Reading out of a handbook for insurance is nearly impossible to sit through.

2. "Special Claims Rep"

Former Employee - Special Claims Representative in Olathe, KS
    Former Employee - Special Claims Representative in Olathe, KS

I worked at Farmers Insurance Group full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good pay and great benefits.

Cons

When an upper management change would happen, the new person would try to make a change to save money rather than just improve on current processes...it never worked and we would change back to the way things were before (example, switching from Xactimate to Simbility...wait for the failure...then change back to Xactimate).

Advice to Management

Do what is best for all the "little guys/gals" that actually meet with customers rather than what looks best on your resume.

"Claims Supervisor"

Current Employee - Claims Supervisor in Olathe, KS
    Current Employee - Claims Supervisor in Olathe, KS

I have been working at Farmers Insurance Group full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

profit sharing bonuses annually, great co-workers, flexible hours

Cons

inconsistent senior leadership, poor change management communication and execution

Advice to Management

Reward top employees, do something to retain them

4. "Life at work"

Current Employee - Claims Adjuster in Olathe, KS
    Current Employee - Claims Adjuster in Olathe, KS

I have been working at Farmers Insurance Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Really great and supportive people

Cons

The work can be stressful and seemingly go on forever.

Advice to Management

Really down to earth people who I wish would understand sometimes you can't get both quality AND quantity.

"Great Company, Bad Office"

Current Employee - Analyst in Olathe, KS
    Current Employee - Analyst in Olathe, KS

I have been working at Farmers Insurance Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent Benefits, Decent Pay, Good and inclusive corporate culture. Decent chances for promotion, as long as you're willing to move to Los Angeles.

Cons

Particular building I work in is a call center, and not a good environment for analysis work. Open office that is extremely loud and disruptive with little ability to work in quiet. Need blinders and noise cancelling headphones to work.

"APD adjuster"

Current Employee - APD Adjuster in Olathe, KS
    Current Employee - APD Adjuster in Olathe, KS

I have been working at Farmers Insurance Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Being able to work virtually a few times a week is nice and if something comes up they're pretty lenient in allowing more virtual days if needed (sick child, your own illness, etc.) Very large company but you do become close with team members as they understand your high stress level.

Cons

The most micromanaged company I've ever worked at which often hinders your job and in turn causes more frustration with employees. A lot of disconnect between CRs and supervisors and definitely managers. Only worry about numbers on a spreadsheet instead of doing what's right which borders on being unethical. Never have agreed with their PTO policy; only a certain amount of employees per dept can be off at one time and if an emergency comes up you're getting points and also losing PTO. Should be one or the other but not both. Those days you are off and come back to work it's almost as if you're penalized for taking off. They allow little, to no time, to catch up from the day(s) off activities, etc causing you to be way behind. Take off and come back with more stress or not take PTO and keep bottling up your problems.

Advice to Management

Most management figures are two-faced and wouldn't hesitate to throw you under the bus. There are a few genuine supervisors and managers but few and far between. Don't be fake with us, we all see it. Pay us comparable to the industry standard, we are considerably underpaid which is causing you to lose good employees as other insurance companies in the area appreciate employees and the stress that comes with the job. Finally, we are in customer service but most times it feels we are pressured to cut this or that causing customer frustration instead of doing what is right. That would not only retain current customers but entice others to consider us. To confirm employees, former and current, and also customers are frustrated with Farmers policies, Google search Farmers Insurance lawsuits. When your own employees sue you multiple times you might consider being more ethical with everyone, employees and customers.

7. "Claims Handler"

Current Employee - Claims Handler in Olathe, KS
    Current Employee - Claims Handler in Olathe, KS

I have been working at Farmers Insurance Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fairly flexible schedules, generous PTO policies.

Cons

Stressful work conditions at times due to high volume.

8. "Good experience"

Former Employee - Field Property Claims Adjuster in Olathe, KS
    Former Employee - Field Property Claims Adjuster in Olathe, KS

I worked at Farmers Insurance Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Friendly, fast pace, and lots of perks

Cons

Need better training and development

"Meh"

Former Employee - Claims Adjuster in Olathe, KS
    Former Employee - Claims Adjuster in Olathe, KS

I worked at Farmers Insurance Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

They make great use of technology

Cons

Behavior ratings are subjective and up to the unmeasurable perspective of your boss

"If you can tolerate a micromanaged desk job in a call center then the perks may be worth it"

Former Employee - Service Advocate II in Olathe, KS
    Former Employee - Service Advocate II in Olathe, KS

I worked at Farmers Insurance Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Respectable benefits including health, 401k match, PTO, flex days, wellness dollars, family friendly outings. Nice facilities with covered and non covered parking and plenty of spots. Great break rooms with entertainment options available. Small gym in building and company store. Nursing rooms for breastfeeding mothers and resting rooms available for breaks.

Cons

Insurance options were expensive and only okay coverage. Dental coverage available was practically unusable for KS employees. Shift options weren't great. Non traditional call center business model was nice but still had a lot of the negatives of a call center. Inconsistency with management styles and decision making when questions were in the "grey" area.

Advice to Management

More consistency within management as far as how to handle service reps, questions, and problem solving process. Consider reevaluating how the health coverage is done in order to reduce rates and improve coverage offerings. Do a better job at identifying employees strengths and utilizing those even if it means moving them to a different department.

Showing 124 of 2,484 reviews