Farmers Insurance Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Jeff Dailey

2,111 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Work/life balance goes away during busy periods (i (in 64 reviews)

• Upper Management does not value the input of the Adjusters (in 59 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Farmers IT"

Current Employee - IT Director in Woodland Hills, CA
    Current Employee - IT Director in Woodland Hills, CA

I have been working at Farmers Insurance Group full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great company with great people. There is a clear line of sight to the customers as well as to executive leadership. The company is focused on Customer Experience as well as Employee Engagement. What more can you ask for?

Cons

Like many companies there is a "Global" entity that prevents you from doing certain things.

Advice to Management

IT is doing well. Keep doing what you're doing.

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Office Claims Representative in Olathe, KS
    Current Employee - Office Claims Representative in Olathe, KS

Pros

Great people here and great benefits

Cons

Have to like to work hard

Advice to Management

none

3. "Farmers Life is a great place to work"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Mercer Island, WA
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Mercer Island, WA

Pros

Farmers Life is an innovative, successful, and growing company run by strong leaders with the ability to clearly communicate short and long-term strategies and visions.

Cons

If we were more flexible and nimble in our decision making regarding new technologies we could be more effective on an individual level.

Advice to Management

Stop using EWP and locking down the business laptop PCs. There are times when we really need to update and demo software, install home printers, etc.

"Farmers - Great Place to Start."

Current Employee - Claims Adjuster in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Claims Adjuster in Seattle, WA

Pros

The people that work at the company are wonderful.

Cons

The stigma of insurance can be hard to deal with.

Advice to Management

Farmers was an old-school company (benefits wise and in a good way), you need to transition to modern times slowly... Not all at once.

5. "Job satisfaction at reduced pay."

Former Employee - Claims Supervisor in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Claims Supervisor in Houston, TX

Pros

Farmers is a great company for work life balance. Your time is not micromanaged and you have the ability to complete you job and take care of personal affairs without being questioned. A rare benefit is that company cars are still offered for specific positions. Even better is the ability to work from home if you meet metric targets.

Cons

The downside of Farmers is that pay is less than most other insurance companies. Raises are fairly minimal. I have worked for 5 insurance companies and Farmers has the lowest pay and least opportunity for advancement. The flip side is the "work at home", company car and time flexiblity that retains employees.

Advice to Management

Increase pay; offer job advancement.

"Farmers Insurance Group, still a leader in employers for OKC."

Former Employee - Customer Service Associate, Claims in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Customer Service Associate, Claims in Oklahoma City, OK

Pros

It is a fun environment, it pays extremely well for the area, all of the people are wonderful, the compensation package is top of the line.

Cons

I did not like being stuck on the phone in the call center arrangement. I would have loved the job if it had been structured like an office setup, personal responsibility for breaks and lunch, etc. I was also disappointed that less than a month after I hired on, they changed their compensation package. It is still a very competitive package, but I selected Farmers as an employer because they were one of the few companies that still offered a pension plan in compensation package. I clearly stated in my interview that this was one of the draw for me to the company, when asked. Yet my interviewer never let on that the company would no longer be offering that to new employees, which I was going to be.

Advice to Management

The management works here. They are upbeat and fun. The type of call center setting is just not for me.

7. "Farmers is a great place to work."

Current Employee - Marketing Representative in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing Representative in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

I have worked at Farmers for nine years. In these nine years, I have been promoted three times and had the opportunity to relocate once. I find employees are very loyal, very committed to our customers and are rewarded for their performance. I think senior management is responsive and listens to employees.

Cons

You might have to relocate to move ahead (particularly if you work with our agency force). This isn't necessarily a bad thing....but it's not for everyone. The culture is conservative but it's an insurance company....what do you expect?

Advice to Management

I like that we are bringing in new faces from outside the organization to lead specific units. It's nice to see a blend of the old along with the new. It's how we evolve and grow!

8. "Good growth opportunities, very busy & never boring"

Current Employee - Office Claims Adjuster in Olathe, KS
    Current Employee - Office Claims Adjuster in Olathe, KS

Pros

great people, they will train you well and pay for your licensing, matching dollar for dollar in 401k, good amount of PTO right away, flexible work week schedule, ability to move up and laterally for variety and income growth

Cons

hard to maintain work/life balance since it is so busy, some people have a negative connotation of insurance so do not respect your work

Advice to Management

If you have a good supervisor, your life will be great at work. However if there are people in your team that you can't trust and you don't have a way to speak to anyone about the shortcomings of your boss/team, you will feel stuck.

"Farmers Insurance-Independent agent"

Former Employee - Insurance Clerk in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Insurance Clerk in San Antonio, TX

Pros

The agent thought me so much about the company and about all kinds of insurances, being that I had no experience in the industry. It also helped that I had customer service experience and am a fast learner. The agent really cared about my accomplishments and praise my hard-work.

Cons

I honestly have nothing negative to say. One thing though is that there were many times that I had to work overtime, but i didn't mind it. I didn't think that the insurance industry was so fast paced.

Advice to Management

Just praise employee's hard-work and accomplishments as equally as to advise(nicer word for criticise) CONSTRUCTIVELY when employee makes mistakes.

10. "great co."

Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Independence, OH
    Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Independence, OH

Pros

Best Co. to work for in th Insurance business.

Cons

New to town, somewhat congeste workspace.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you do.

Showing 2,111 of 2,265 reviews