Fast Enterprises Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

4.6
Rating Trends Rating Trends

Pros
Cons
  • Be prepared to work long hours (you get paid for it though) (in 49 reviews)

• During rollouts or upgrades work/life balance can be quite poor (in 18 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"FAST and I are growing together"

Current Employee - Implementation Consultant in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Implementation Consultant in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Fast Enterprises full-time (More than a year)

Pros

> There's a constant stream of opportunities to better your technical and soft skills. It feels great to realize the ways I've grown while working here.
    > I honestly believe that all of my contributions and efforts are noticed, appreciated, and have an impact - including on my performance reviews and salary adjustments.
    > The monetary compensation, including paid overtime, is great.
    > Management makes sure you don't feel like "just another employee."
    > Management encourages you to stay home sick when you're sick and plan vacations when you want to. After a few horror stories from my friends, I value this aspect of FAST a lot.
    > I feel like employee preferences regarding relocation are taken into consideration whenever possible. I'm currently located somewhere that I want to stay and have made that known - and I'm still here after almost all of my coworkers that wanted to be elsewhere have been relocated.

Cons

> It seems fairly common to put employees in just a bit over their heads in hopes that they'll rise to the challenge. While this can be quite fulfilling, it can also be frustrating and exhausting.
    > During particularly busy times, maintaining a hold on my work/life balance can be difficult. There are times when overtime is obviously needed and I don't have any issues with that. However, I sometimes find myself concerned about my and my coworkers inability to break out of the overtime routine when there isn't as much to be done.

Advice to Management

As we continue to expand, don't let FAST lose its intimate, small-company feel. Being able to feel the impact that I personally have on a day-to-day basis is one of my favorite things about working here. I hope that feeling doesn't diminish as the company grows.

"Unique Company and Great Benefits"

Current Employee - Tech Writer in Centennial, CO
    Current Employee - Tech Writer in Centennial, CO

I have been working at Fast Enterprises full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits and the employee culture is very friendly. You definitely feel like the company cares about you, and the management is good at being actively involved in the company.

Cons

Sometimes the workload can be a bit intense, leading to long hours and stress. Regular work on weekends may sometimes be expected.

Advice to Management

Keep maintaining company culture as the number of employees increases.

"Premium on Learning"

Current Employee - Database Administrator in Centennial, CO
    Current Employee - Database Administrator in Centennial, CO

I have been working at Fast Enterprises full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It is rare to find a company these days that takes the time and effort to appropriately train their employees from the beginning. I have been working here for 2 months now, and although there is a huge learning curve, I am quite pleased with the efforts made to teach me what I need to know to be effective. The employees are all incredibly intelligent, helpful and always willing to help me learn something new. The technical architecture and framework is very sound and the processes and procedures for doing all aspects of their business are well thought out.

Cons

I have nothing but good things to say at the moment.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.......

5. "Fast Enterprises 2017"

Former Employee - Implementation Consultant in Olympia, WA
    Former Employee - Implementation Consultant in Olympia, WA

I worked at Fast Enterprises full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Learning Opportunity, Great people to work with, work directly with the client, good salary and benefits

Cons

Always potential to be moved, difficult living situations, lack of reviews from seniors

Advice to Management

Maybe have team leads give a quarterly review

6. "Implementation Consultant"

Current Employee - Implementation Consultant in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Implementation Consultant in Boston, MA

I have been working at Fast Enterprises full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Awesome culture, great benefits, well compensated. Couldn't ask for much more.

Cons

Travel and moving could be seen as a downside.

7. "Implementation Consultant"

Former Employee - Implementation Consultant in Anchorage, AK
    Former Employee - Implementation Consultant in Anchorage, AK

I worked at Fast Enterprises full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits, decent company culture and great chance to see the country with generous relocation packages.

Cons

Relocation every 1 to 2 years depending on project, outdated code stack focused on proprietary tech with limited outside application, and long hours. Will be frustrating if you're looking for a more technically challenging job because after about 6 months you'll know most everything you need yo be successful.

"FAST! Quick, look FAST up!"

Current Employee - Testing Coordinator in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Testing Coordinator in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Fast Enterprises full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The ability to network and share creative ideas is incredible. The opportunity to be such an important team member on a project is wonderful. Everyone contributes in a way that the team as a whole is successful in the end. The experienced gained and benefits offered are wonderful.

Cons

Common theme is moving around. Some projects are longer with the potential of over a year and a half, while some can be shorter. However, the opportunity to move around and visit so many destinations is great.

"Large company benefits small company feel."

Current Employee - Implementation Consultant in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Implementation Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Fast Enterprises full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay, benefits, coworkers, and the feeling of the company. The overall experience of working at Fast Enterprises is nothing but positive. Relocation may be one of the positives for many (it is for me) but for many it isn't.

Cons

Relocation. Even though Fast takes it upon themselves to take care of almost all aspects of relocation, it is not for everyone. This job also requires a lot of communication skills which seems to be rare in the Computer Science related fields.

Advice to Management

There has been a lot of recent growth, let's hope that we keep all of the positives going forward and only go up from here.

"Great company"

Former Employee - Tech Team in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Tech Team in Denver, CO

I worked at Fast Enterprises full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Fast compensates and takes care of their employees very well. They have a great product that keeps getting better, and it's great to constantly be part of successful releases. I learned many useful software engineering principles/patterns and gained solid, hands-on experience with large systems. You get to work on different projects and with different people and clients as you travel.

Cons

-Red tape/bureaucracy on some projects is strongly felt due to the nature of the field
    -Long hours/overtime as deadlines approach
    -Low/outdated documentation combined with limited access to quickly changing code could make it difficult for other teams

"Great culture and engaging work"

Current Employee - Applications Architect in Olympia, WA
    Current Employee - Applications Architect in Olympia, WA

I have been working at Fast Enterprises full-time

Pros

FAST values their employees and wants everyone to be successful. We always go the extra mile to deliver successful projects to our clients, so to date we have still always been on time and on budget. Our project teams have a tendency to form strong friendships outside of work and I truly cherish the friendships I have made while working here.

Cons

Sometimes we have to work a lot of overtime to meet a deadline. It's always communicated and handled well by management, but it's a difficult side to the job and can cause burn out.