Fast Enterprises Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated November 21, 2018

4.6

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. Featured Review

"Cares deeply about its people"

Current Employee - Implementation Consultant in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Implementation Consultant in Boston, MA

I have been working at Fast Enterprises full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Fast, even at the 1000+ size it is, still cares deeply about each and every employee. Their benefits, even the way they help people move, the way they bring individuals AND their spouses/families into the culture, it super impressive and I love that about Fast. The work we do is serious in terms of being important work - our clients are generally very positive to work with and welcoming, so it is a pleasant place to be day-to-day. I don't think I would find another company where growth and actual personal improvement and opportunity is better - FAST really cares and wants both our clients and our employees to succeed. This doesn't mean that there aren't times where thing get tough for a time, or you have to solve a big problem that is new to you, but the resources are there to work through those things and keep on moving.

Cons

Any con I can think of is also a pro depending on how you look at it. Occasional relocation is also an opportunity to experience a new place and city. Occasional overtime is also an opportunity to make $.

Advice to Management

Employees love the partner interaction - everyone enjoys having a partner on their project or visiting their project. Keep that up!!

2. "It doesn’t feel like work"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Denver, CO

I have been working at Fast Enterprises full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great culture, sky is the limit, and I’m treated like an individual that is an important piece of the whole.

Cons

Nothing that comes to mind

"Work hard, play hard"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Centennial, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Centennial, CO

I have been working at Fast Enterprises full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great pay and benefits.
    Strong culture of being supportive, collaborating, and giving back to the community.
    Interesting work and opportunities to try different types of projects at different locations.

Cons

Mid to high amount of mandatory or non-mandatory-yet-expected overtime. Fine for young, single professionals, but demanding for those with families.
    Not introvert-friendly, most rewards for dedication geared around the opportunity to spend even more time at non-work company events.

4. "FAST Company Culture"

I have been working at Fast Enterprises full-time

Pros

Culture consists of fun like minded co workers

Cons

Don't know where you will work until a month or so before signing on

"Enjoy day to day work"

I have been working at Fast Enterprises full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

- Always new challenges
    - New opportunities
    - Great pay
    - Paid benefits
    - No weekly required travel like many consulting companies
    - Flat organization
    - Regular activities outside of work
    - Great co-workers

Cons

- Some may view relocation as a con. However, Fast provides many services to make it easier, and this provides opportunities to see other parts of the US ( or international if there is interest)

"Low Individual Growth"

Current Employee - Implementation Consultant

I have been working at Fast Enterprises full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great starting pay - My offer was for $80,000 as an out-of-college Implementation Consultant.

Outstanding Benefits - The company pays for your monthly premiums and virtually all health care. They don't want you to have to worry about you or your family's health.

Competitive PTO - You accrue 10 vacation and 10 sick days each year, along with 10 government holidays.

Relocation - Also in the cons section. You get to see different parts of the country, and occasionally the world. FAST pays for the majority of your moving costs, though not all. Constant change makes it easier to not get totally bored of the job.

Cons

Flat Organization - Very little room for growth. No "ladder" to climb. Of the 1400+ employees, I would guess 1000 or so are Implementation Consultants.

Basic Technical Experience - As an Implementation Consultant, you basically use FAST's COTS (Commercial Off-The-Shelf) software, and limited T-SQL and VB.NET. You are not developing software unless you work at HQ in Denver, and you are just configuring the pre-developed software to fit the needs of the specific government entity you are working at. If you want to get software development experience to grow to potentially move jobs in 2-5 years, this is probably not the job for you.

Relocation - Not a con to all, but only being at a site for 1-4 years before being required to move means most people don't buy homes, meaning they rent for the entirety of their career at FAST, and they don't get to live where they typically desire.

401k - While profit sharing exists, I would much rather see FAST drop profit sharing and add 401k matching. I would rather benefit greater from my contributions to my 401k than benefit less with profit sharing.

Fast Enterprises Response

Nov 14, 2018 – HR

Thank you for your review, we hope you’ll take the time to process our policies and response below.

Regarding your comment on our “flat organization structure”. The implication that people with... More

"Decent place to work"

Current Employee - Implementation Consultant in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Implementation Consultant in Denver, CO

I have been working at Fast Enterprises full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay and benefits are great, co-workers are nice people.

Cons

Very constrained in tech learning, don't expect to learn much outside of VB.Net/T-SQL at best.

Advice to Management

Encourage and promote learning new technologies.

8. "Great Experience so far, really like it"

I have been working at Fast Enterprises full-time

Pros

Very good pay out of college

Cons

They make you transfer every 2-3 years

"Great Place To Work!"

I have been working at Fast Enterprises full-time (More than a year)

Pros

FAST truly cares for it's employees. The partners spend a lot of time getting to know each one of their employees and ensuring they are happy at their job. FAST also has a great working environment so you don't constantly feel like you are competing against other employees. Great benefits and pay.

Cons

There are times when you will be required to work overtime. However FAST makes that clear from the beginning and they also pay overtime which is nice. They definitely expect a lot from their employees, however they take great care of you.

"Disappointing career"

Current Employee - Implementation Consultant

I have been working at Fast Enterprises full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Coworkers are awesome people; the vast majority of people I have worked with are nice
    - Overtime pay
    - Health insurance is paid for and good
    - Relocation

Cons

- Overtime requirements are ridiculous and your performance is measured on the number of hours that you work rather than the quality of your output.
    - The work life balance at this company is a joke. If a rollout is scheduled, you are expected to give up all your weekends and holidays for months leading up to it: I was not allowed to go home to see my family for any of the major holidays. Furthermore, if you're sick, you're still expected to meet overtime expectations. There's no sympathy for what is happening in your personal life.
    - The vacation policy is pretty limited. 10 days is pretty low.
    - The technologies used are pretty limited and old (VB.NET/SQL)
    - Relocation to state capitals
    - No 401k matching

Advice to Management

WORK LIFE BALANCE IS IMPORTANT. Measure your employees on more than just the hours that they put in. Allow people to see their families over the holidays. You won't be able to keep people around if you don't respect them as individuals.

Fast Enterprises Response

Nov 14, 2018 – HR

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review. As a company, we care what employees are saying and work to implement change when we receive constructive suggestions on ways to improve the lives... More