KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Technical Account Manager

57 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Great perks and also benefits(in 223 reviews)
  • "Pay is great for new hires and pay raises are impressive.(in 120 reviews)
  • "Great people: I love the people I work with and they teach me more and more every day!(in 96 reviews)
  • "Great coworkers (never have had one I didn't like)(in 67 reviews)
  • "Competitive salary and benefits(in 55 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Fast Enterprises and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great company

May 17, 2022 - Implementation Consultant in Denver, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great company that cares about their employees. Good benefits. Competitive pay

Cons

Could have more flex hours

2. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Under Appreciated and Overworked

Apr 24, 2022 - Implementation
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pay is good and you do get compensated for overtime Solid Health coverage and average Dental coverage Paid relocation

Cons

Some projects you will be working 60+ hours a week while other projects struggle to hit the target of 40 hours of OT in a calendar year Backstabbing, gossiping, and brown nosing is common. If you don't fit the Bro-y or alcoholic standards prepare to be ostracized and stuck on bad projects. Lots of empty promises about caring about mental health and work/life balance but management gives empty platitudes about "sometimes sacrifices have to be made and you need to toughen up" Now that working remote is becoming more standard in the industry, leadership is dragging their feet even harder. Even our clients are working from home. If you are not a straight white man, strongly consider different opportunities, constant insensitive remarks from both coworker and the agencies you work with.

7 people found this review helpful
  3. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Good right out of college but not longterm

May 4, 2022 - Team Lead
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay right out of college Coworkers are similar age and easy to get along with Good benefits

Cons

The only technical skill you learn that you can take elsewhere is SQL. All other technologies you use are proprietary and will not benefit you. If you are on an active project, work life balance can be non-existent. I was on 3 active projects from start to finish and worked crazy amounts of overtime on every single one. Pay does not keep up with industry average. If you work here for an extended amount of time, your pay will fall behind. Salary increases are not transparent. They all depend on a number you are assigned and you have little say in this process. In a remote world, Fast is doing everything they can to push their employees back in the office. They are ignoring what their employees are saying even though we were remote through the pandemic.

5 people found this review helpful
  4. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Poor leadership causes toxic culture

May 17, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great health coverage, sabbatical every four years, annual holiday * Every interaction that I’ve had with the Partners has been positive. I’m convinced they want to foster the best work environment possible, and I enjoyed their insight on the company, philosophies for growth/retention, and general demeanor. * The health benefits are solid. The Partners cover the premiums, so there’s a little extra cash on each check you get from that saved deduction. * Once a year, there’s a company vacation. Due to Covid, 2020 and 2021 were cancelled, but that certainly isn’t the company’s fault. * For every four years you spend with the company, you earn a four-week sabbatical, which is pretty cool.

Cons

Lack of advancement opportunities, toxic culture, poor leadership * Although the Partners are fantastic, they don’t really control company culture for the majority of Fast’s employees. Instead, that is the responsibility of each project site’s leadership, and results will vary. Your experience with Fast will be heavily dictated by your site’s leadership, or lack thereof. * You will probably be working a lot of overtime, and it will be calculated as straight time, not time and a half. You will be fed the illusion that putting in extra hours is a privilege, and the effort is referred to as Bonus Time. In one meeting on site, our manager told us “we care about your mental health, but overtime is mandatory,” without a hint of self-awareness. Morale on the site I worked on was/is incredibly low. * HR is there to protect the company, not the employees. While on my project site, the wife of a coworker sexually harassed me for about six weeks through various social media channels. I reported it to my manager, who assured me I did the right thing by reporting the interaction, and that the grievance was elevated to HR. Two months later, I found out my manager had lied to me and never informed HR. I talked to HR about the initial grievance, and they didn’t seem to care that my manager acted the way he did - I had to work for that manager for another year and a half, knowing how little he respected me. * The bonus structure is needlessly over-complicated, and it’s essentially designed to give you smaller and smaller bonuses as your salary progresses, effectively lessening the overall impact your raises have upon your take-home amount. (The over-complication of processes is also felt in the annual review system).

5. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Great people but old tech

Apr 25, 2022 - Software Developer in Denver, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Young and lively coworkers - Solid pay and benefits - They treat their employees really well - Great starting point for career if you want client facing development - Very flexible and easy work environment

Cons

- Old technologies - Not much room for growth - Software methodologies are weak at best - Not much testing. They care about shipping products first and quality last - Skills you learn at FAST won't translate much to other innovative tech companies - Government software is boring I stayed at FAST for way too long. Out of the 5.5 years I was there, atleast 3 of those years felt like a waste of brain power. I met cool people along the way, but lost a lot of engineering skills during that time. If you're looking to improve your coding and design skills, stay away from FAST! If you want to meet cool people and just cruise in an easy job with solid pay/benefits, this is a good spot.

9 people found this review helpful
  6. 5.0
    Current Employee

Friendly

May 14, 2022 - Implementaion Consultant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Frequent Relocation and Good Starting Salary

Cons

Don't see opportunity for growth

1 person found this review helpful
  7. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great Stepping-Stone Company, C# may be a game changer though

Mar 29, 2022 - Implementation Consultant in Atlanta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Decent pay, cool people, pretty solid leadership

Cons

- Pretty static job growth opportunities, more like you just adopt more responsibilities and retain the same title and corresponding pay.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Work Hard Play Hard

Jan 21, 2022 - Employee Training Coordinator in Denver, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

FAST offers a work experience that is incredibly unique. As someone who loves to move to new places I view the frequent relocations a perk of the job. They make sure all of the stressful aspects of moving are taken care of so that you can hop right into work at the new location. Additionally, FAST has competitive pay, raises, and bonuses yearly. They look our for FASTies families/pets ensuring each aspect of your life is comfortable so that you can give you all at work. They also pay overtime which is not always the norm.

Cons

As a trainer you move more often meaning you may have multiple leads in a single year. This is hard when you look at your yearly review (indicating what your raise will be) if you are not there to hear the comments and stand up for yourself if you think your review is not accurate. Additionally, when moving short term you do not have the same grace so often times have to take vacation time to relocate in the case you have to drive and there is no moment to settle in as you are expected at work the following day.

1 person found this review helpful
  9. 2.0
    Former Employee

Toxic Culture, Good Paycheck

May 10, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

The money and benefits are fantastic.

Cons

Culture varies by site, but it’s easy to get caught in a situation with toxic management and no real resources for support. A quote from one of the sites I worked was “don’t think of it as work-life balance. Think of it as work-life integration.”

4 people found this review helpful
  10. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good for what it is

Apr 30, 2022 - Implementation Consultant in Denver, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good learning experience working with clients

Cons

Not much translatable industry experience on the technical side

Viewing 1 - 10 of 995 Reviews

Fast Enterprises Reviews FAQs

Fast Enterprises has an overall rating of 3.8 out of 5, based on over 1,077 reviews left anonymously by employees. 68% of employees would recommend working at Fast Enterprises to a friend and 75% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -8% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Fast Enterprises employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.4 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Fast Enterprises. This rating has decreased by -6% over the last 12 months.

68% of Fast Enterprises employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Fast Enterprises 3.2 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.8 for culture and values and 3.2 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Fast Enterprises to be culture, career development, benefits and the cons to be management, work life balance.

Popular Careers with Fast Enterprises Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at Fast Enterprises? Share Your Experiences

Fast Enterprises Careers

Cover image for Fast Enterprises

Fast Enterprises (FAST) started in 1997 with a vision to introduce packaged software to the integrated tax processing market. Our mission...More

• Why FAST
  • What We Do
  • Careers
  • FASTie

Company Updates

149 days ago

Company News
The Pennsylvania Department of Revenue is on track to finish an almost-five-year software modernization effort on schedule—despite implementing during a global pandemic. Choosing Fast Enterprises, with a proven record of on-time and on-budget software implementations, was one of the key components to the success of the department’s digital transformation. Their Fast Enterprises software implementation merges more than 12 legacy systems into a single system that offers increased efficiency and flexibility, reducing annual costs by $500,000 and improving employee retention and engagement. https://www.fastenterprises.com/news/key-steps-for-digital-transformation-during-crisis/
Shared image

294 days ago

Events
Today is #NationalInternDay! We are recognizing and celebrating the hard work and contributions our interns are bringing to their project sites. Pictured is a photo from our Virtual Intern Academy where interns learned about different areas within FAST, networked with other interns, and challenged each other in trivia!
Shared image

Fast Enterprises Photos

+ Add Photo
Fast Enterprises photo of: Tennessee FASTies are supporting World Bullying Prevention Day today by wearing the UT Vols College Colors Day Tee inspired by the UT Fan in Florida #WorldDayofBullyingPrevention
Fast Enterprises photo of: Arkansas Tax and DSVS FASTies met up at a local park to enjoy a picnic, yard games, and volleyball to welcome new members to both projects! #yFAST
Fast Enterprises photo of: Montana FASTies volunteered in Symphony Under the Stars - a free concert hosted by the @helenafoodshare. FASTies helped collect over 18,000 pounds of food during intermission.
Fast Enterprises photo of: Hawaii FASTies created a giant spam musubi for the canned food drive they hosted this month!
Fast Enterprises photo of: The Montgomery Area Food Bank is doing everything possible to combat hunger and food insecurity in Alabama. FAST donated $100,000 to help the provide 650,000 pounds of food to those in need.
Fast Enterprises photo of: Frontline Foods Denver started serving frontline workers by buying meals from local restaurants. FAST donated $300,000 to help with their efforts.
Fast Enterprises photo of: Team members from Massachusetts Tax and DSVS kicked off the season by attending a Holiday Pops concert at Symphony Hall in Boston!