Cover image for Fast Enterprises

70 Comments

Tech

455.2K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Fast Enterprises~241404
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Great perks and also benefits(in 249 reviews)
  • "Pay is great for new hires and pay raises are impressive.(in 130 reviews)
  • "Great people: I love the people I work with and they teach me more and more every day!(in 109 reviews)
  • "Great coworkers (never have had one I didn't like)(in 73 reviews)
  • "Can make a great salary if you are willing to move and happen to be relocated(in 56 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Fast Enterprises and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great

Nov 9, 2022 - Implementation Consultant in Centennial, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Overall, a great company and experience.

Cons

You have to move every so often.

2. 3.0
    Former Employee

Good For a Few Years, Then Takes a Huge Toll

Oct 15, 2022 - Software Architect
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Great health insurance - Opportunities for career growth - Travel (if you like traveling) - Good job security a la working in the government sphere

Cons

- Poor work-life balance - Working OT is seen as a virtue and not as harmful to mental health - Bouts of extreme OT can persist for weeks or month at a time where you very literally might have no time except to work and attempt to get a few hours of sleep, 6-7 days a week - Upper management does not advocate for your mental health. Just says “it’s only for a few weeks longer” or “it’s only a few more hours more per day” - Not enough time off - Work from home does not exist or is iffy on some projects - Product is extremely proprietary so your knowledge in the industry as a whole can go stale

4 people found this review helpful
  3. Join the Fast Enterprises team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

VERY DECENT COMPANY

Oct 14, 2022 - Implementation Consultant in Baltimore, MD
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great Benefits. Great Work-Life Balance when not on active roll out. Decent Pay. Annual Increases. Awesome all-inclusive annual company events, monthly socials, weekly happy hours. Seems to be recession proof.

Cons

Your experience is highly determined based on your team lead. Your first team lead can set a reputation that sticks with you and is hard to change. It can make or break your trajectory with the company. It's not impossible to reinvent your rep but it is difficult. You can get moved to ANYWHERE in the country at any time although this is improving and your preferences are taken into consideration more now than ever before.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Well paid Pro-Employee Company

Oct 26, 2022 - Implementation Consultant in Salt Lake City, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly co-workers, mentorship, well compensated, very friendly attitude towards employees and retention. Seem to be getting even more work despite the recession rumors. Definitely the best job I've had thus far.

Cons

Have to relocate periodically (although they compensate you well for having to move). Lots of work is with proprietary software and won't all lead to transferable, sought after skills.

1 person found this review helpful
  6. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Know what you're getting into

Nov 7, 2022 - Implementation Consultant in Denver, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great for graduates Overall decent benefits Good people

Cons

No growth potential Poor management Zero transparency Boys club

5 people found this review helpful
  7. 2.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Just started at this company, I’ll be gone in 2 months

Oct 16, 2022 - Implementation Consultant
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people are very friendly, easy to work with, and they generally seem happy with where they are at from what I can see. Good healthcare.

Cons

Depressing work sites, poor time-off, low pay for the industry (I say this because the offer I got from another company severely outdid Fast’s pay). The software is proprietary so if you don’t get out of there quickly you’ll likely end up stuck there. They ship you around the country to places you don’t want to be with impugnity.

4 people found this review helpful
  8. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Adapt or Die - A Fantastic Company that Must Embrace Reasonable Change

Sep 11, 2022 - Implementation Consultant Team Manager in Denver, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

I don't need to repeat what others have but great pay, benefits, paid overtime, PTO and a month off every four years. It's not for everyone but it's about the journey. I have truly enjoyed my time with FAST and plan on staying unless things go sideways. Hopefully my advice can help prevent that.

Cons

Relocation is a big pro in my personal book but it's not for everyone. The level of fairness around relocation is not as arbitrary as some have suggested. What it comes down to is needs and opportunity, which to the person being asked to move can seem very arbitrary. Also the fairness factor is non-existent due to it being based on the needs of the moment as mentioned above. They pay you well to learn their methodology, system and software. They are not paying you to train you for another job. This is emphasized in that Tech Team members have the most transferrable skills and are seen as more expendable due to this fact. I have been on a large number of projects over the years and each one is like a different job. The software and methodology are the same but your boss, coworker, clients and location change. This can be both a pro and a con depending. It's a pro if you don't like your current site, you can move. It's a con if you love your current site and have to move.

11 people found this review helpful
  9. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Great until it's not

Oct 31, 2022 - Tech Team Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good salary, great benefits, generally good coworkers.

Cons

Long hours, "work-hard-play-hard" mentality, difficulty keeping work life balance. A lot of the pros and cons will be specific to a site, so your mileage may vary significantly.

1 person found this review helpful
  10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great Company to Travel and Meet People

Nov 3, 2022 - Implementation Consultant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work-Life Balance Great People Travel opportunities Pay and Benefits

Cons

Work from home options are limited Proprietary knowledge

11. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Fast

Oct 26, 2022 - Implementation Consultant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great pay and benefits. Easy job with a lot of support for the team members and leads. Very organized and have things planned ahead

Cons

Still no remote opportunities as of 2022

Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,058 Reviews
</>Embed

Fast Enterprises Reviews FAQs

Fast Enterprises has an overall rating of 3.9 out of 5, based on over 1,147 reviews left anonymously by employees. 70% of employees would recommend working at Fast Enterprises to a friend and 71% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -4% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Fast Enterprises employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.5 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Fast Enterprises. This rating has decreased by -3% over the last 12 months.

70% of Fast Enterprises employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Fast Enterprises 3.2 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.9 for culture and values and 3.2 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Fast Enterprises to be culture, career development, benefits and the cons to be management, work life balance.

Popular Careers with Fast Enterprises Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at Fast Enterprises? Share Your Experiences

Fast Enterprises logo

Fast Enterprises Careers

Cover image for Fast Enterprises

Fast Enterprises (FAST) started in 1997 with a vision to introduce packaged software to the integrated tax processing market. Our mission...More

• Why FAST
  • What We Do
  • Careers
  • FASTie

Reviews by Job Title

Company Updates

93 days ago

Employee Story
In software, the average employee stays with a company for just 3 years. After celebrating his 15th anniversary with FAST, Richard tells us why he loves being a FASTie. We're happy to have you on our team, Richard! #yFAST
Shared image

128 days ago

Careers
Happy #NationalInternDay! We have a great group of interns this summer and appreciate all their hard work this summer. Thank you interns! #yFAST
Shared image

Fast Enterprises Photos

+ Add Photo
Fast Enterprises photo of: The Montgomery Area Food Bank is doing everything possible to combat hunger and food insecurity in Alabama. FAST donated $100,000 to help the provide 650,000 pounds of food to those in need.
Fast Enterprises photo of: ASTies have been busy this summer! Columbus Tax FASTies supported their teammate in a local community theater production he was in. #yFAST
Fast Enterprises photo of: FASTies have been holding school supply drives to give back to their communities. Arkansas FASTies collected items to donate to their local schools. #FASTiesGiveBack
Fast Enterprises photo of: Arkansas Tax and DSVS FASTies met up at a local park to enjoy a picnic, yard games, and volleyball to welcome new members to both projects! #yFAST
Fast Enterprises photo of: Montana FASTies volunteered in Symphony Under the Stars - a free concert hosted by the @helenafoodshare. FASTies helped collect over 18,000 pounds of food during intermission.
Fast Enterprises photo of: Hawaii FASTies created a giant spam musubi for the canned food drive they hosted this month!
Fast Enterprises photo of: Frontline Foods Denver started serving frontline workers by buying meals from local restaurants. FAST donated $300,000 to help with their efforts.

Expert Career Advice

The Motley Fool Logo
The Motley Fool

4.5

Compare

Glassdoor has 1,147 Fast Enterprises reviews submitted anonymously by Fast Enterprises employees. Read employee reviews and ratings on Glassdoor to decide if Fast Enterprises is right for you.