Fastcase Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.8
Ed Walters

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Legal sales, look no further."

Current Employee - Account Executive in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Washington, DC

I have been working at Fastcase full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is what it is like to feel like you are a part of a winning team. Amazing culture built by a dynamic senior management team. Fast pace and rewarding environment.

Oh and I can't forget the fully stocked kitchen never hurt anyone!

Cons

I have to say, I cant think of anything I have experienced that would be a "con". It's unfortunate to read some of the old reviews on here while I know what a wonderful experience I have had.

Advice to Management

Keep pushing! Great things are coming and everyone can feel it!

2. "Fast-Growing Fun"

I have been working at Fastcase full-time

Pros

This is a dynamic company making a real difference in access to law. Benefits are generous, the team is smart and creative, and it's growing quickly, which is fun.

Cons

People sometimes have to do jobs outside their role, I suppose natural for a fast-growth company.

3. "Established Start-Up"

I have been working at Fastcase full-time

Pros

The people. It's awesome to work with smart people who have a passion for what they are doing. Everyone pulls their weight and everyone collaborates together. And everyone covers or pitches in when work piles up in areas. It's an awesome team environment.

The product is disrupting an industry. It's fun to see the product evolve in front of you and hear customers positive response to developments.

Cons

Isn't enough La Croix. Yup, that's the only "con" I can come up with.

Advice to Management

Keep going! It's amazing to see the team take shape, move faster and innovate. This is a fun time to be at Fastcase!

4. "Willing to Help you grow"

Pros

Fastcase is a small company, and as such, there are many times in which the employees are asked to be able to wear a few hats. In the case of Fastcase, the result is that the employees are given opportunities to grow and learn new skills. Many employees have even been able to hone and develop skills they had been wishing to have while working due to the willingness to push employees to seek ways to make the company better.

Cons

An unavoidable downside of working for a small company is that every employee is a critical part of the greater whole. In the unfortunate occurrence that an employee is unwilling or incapable of doing their job, the entire company must bear the burden of their mistakes.

Advice to Management

Continue to invite the employees to suggest ways to make the company function better, and work to integrate the various systems so that new employees can be more easily trained, and more functionality is available to the customer without going through Customer Service.

5. "Happy home"

I have been working at Fastcase full-time

Pros

Good people, interesting work, software loved by its users, very good team. Good downtown office location, interesting challenges. Overall a good experience.

Cons

Downtown location can be tough for people who commute from outer parts of DC, open floor plan can be a little loud when the office is busy.

Advice to Management

Continue recruiting strong candidates, try to plan farther ahead, stay nimble and aggressive in the market.

"Wonderful experience in Sales position"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative

I have been working at Fastcase full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Great opportunity to make a lot of money
    -Easy to work with upper management
    -Extremely Flexible when it comes to time-off
    -Not over bearing management. Everyone understands their roll and it's a collective effort to get to a common goal.
    -Room for movement and development into different departments allowing you to get more than just a typical 9-5
    -Travel experience helping with Conferences and partners
    -Excellent legal research product

Cons

-Metro to work (nothing they can do about that, but it does suck with the commute)
    -I'd like to do more team building activities
    -Internal communication

Advice to Management

Everything truly is great. Only advice is better communication across company objectives to understand developments of new projects.

"Interesting Projects"

Current Employee - Software Developer
    Current Employee - Software Developer

I have been working at Fastcase full-time

Pros

Software projects are interesting. It is a product company and uses cutting edge technology. Provides a chance to grow as an engineer and build exciting solutions.
    Smaller company with friendly coworkers and minimal meetings.

Cons

Smaller company with no formal HR department.

"Not for people who take their job seriously"

I worked at Fastcase full-time

Pros

Flexible schedules if you're not in customer support, nice people (non-upper-management) to work with. This company may be good as a stepping stone if you are fresh out of school.

Cons

Constant reduction of benefits (example: 401k contributions lowered from 6% to 3% without warning), raises and bonuses are rarely given, jobs are often misrepresented to new employees especially in customer support (even if you have a J.D. you're going to be working shift hours in 1st line customer support and fetching sandwiches for team lunches), chaotic project planning, payroll problems, constant conflicts between an immature HR/Finance head and the rest of company, an upper management that overworks its employees and pretends to care, a crappy office (dirty, cold in the winter, no privacy, too open / everything echos), very high employee turnover. Overall this company is run by people who move as much profit in their bank accounts as possible at the expense of their employees.

Advice to Management

Be better organized, replace the HR/Finance head, hire people with proper business experience to run the company, give regular raises and proper bonuses, fix the 401k benefit

Jul 2, 2015 – CEO

Our company isn't going to be a fit for everyone, and it sounds like you had a terrible experience. That sucks, and I certainly wish we could have resolved these issues when you were here.

We're... More

"Worst Job Ever"

Former Employee - Outreach Associate in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Outreach Associate in Washington, DC

I worked at Fastcase full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible Work Environment and Nice Location

Cons

HR, Management, Slow Moving, Quality of Product Is Lacking

Advice to Management

No, they don't deserve it.

Jul 2, 2015 – CEO

Glad that you liked the flexible work environment and the office location -- those are important components to a happy team. Since the time of this review, we've worked to formalize HR, hiring, and... More

"Business consultant needed badly"

Former Employee - Associate in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Associate in Washington, DC

Pros

Work ethic is strong, and office is in downtown. Bonus are routinely given.

Cons

Smart people but less-than-adequate managers.

Advice to Management

Reorganize office culture, and mission statement.

Jul 2, 2015 – CEO

Thanks for this feedback! As our company has matured from a tech startup to a profitable operating company, we've focused more on process and management. As you suggest, our work ethic is strong... More