Favor Reviews | Glassdoor

Favor Reviews

Updated February 9, 2019

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Favor offers a flexible schedule and the ability to be your own" (in 35 reviews)

• "Flexible hours, good for a side hustle" (in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • "too much wear and tear on personal vehicle" (in 18 reviews)

• "Runner support people were rude most of the time" (in 10 reviews)

"Unprofitable Company Mistreats Employees"

I worked at Favor full-time

Pros

Decent hours
    Some good perks (free food)
    Decent benefits

Cons

Company often operates in the red but acts like this is normal.
    Unprofessional, incompetent people are hired to deal with runners and customers
    High turnover
    Terrible pay

Advice to Management

Get rid of the bro culture and focus on rewarding the employees who work hard. The company's name is Favor, not Favoritism. Things should be based on merit.

"Runner"

Current Employee - Runner in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Runner in Austin, TX

I have been working at Favor part-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are a lot of perks such as making your own schedule, getting to be your own boss, and getting to know the city you're driving in. There is also a $9/hour guarantee when you get on the schedule in time to select your hours in advance.

Cons

In my experience, you really have to stack up hours with favor in order to truly make a profit with how much money you lose in gas and occasional parking fees. Runners are often looked down upon at restaurants because we can't tip the people serving our customers. In addition, the orders from customers are often vague, and you're left having to ask several questions on their preferences, and I often have instances where they are slow to answer. This serves a challenge when I'm at a busy restaurant with a line out the door behind me. Hours can also be hard to claim in smaller towns like San Marcos, because there's such a large amount of runners. It can also be tricky when you have little information about the restaurant, sometimes I may get an order during rush hour downtown, and I'm stuck spending extra time searching for parking, and causing it to take a much longer time.

Advice to Management

There needs to be an improvement in communication between the customer, runner, and restaurants. Perhaps if the runner app provided us with more information on these places, (like if parking is available, or if they allow call in orders) it would save runners a lot of trouble. There have been many instances where I decided not to call in the order, but upon arrival realized all the time I could have saved after hearing the wait time.

"I do not recommend"

Former Employee - Delivery Driver in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Delivery Driver in Dallas, TX

I worked at Favor part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Schedule is easy to read and set up, If you get on the schedule you have a guarenteed $9 per hour.

Cons

The pay is low - you have a base pay for every delivery of about 2.50 and then you make a tip. There is no way to access the money you made for a week unlike other sevices that are similar. Also if you have driven for others you are taking a pay cut in my opinion.

Advice to Management

Need more support for drivers to understand the pay structure and give then opportunity to make more.

4. "Ok"

Pros

Good salary
    Good room for growth

Cons

No work life balance

5. "Favor Runner"

Pros

Flexible Schedule
    No Boss
    Simple task
    Easy assignments
    Meet lots of new people

Cons

Don't receive pay as quickly as promised all the time. They have a new system that changed how fast payments are received.

6. "A great opportunity for students or those who want to make extra money to supplement another job"

Former Employee - Independent Contractor in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Independent Contractor in San Antonio, TX

Pros

-Flexible scheduling.
    -Intuitive interface for deliveries.

Cons

-Scheduling hours becomes hard during breaks from school.
    -Base pay for scheduled hours a bit low.
    -You have to really figure out the areas and times where you can make the most money.

Advice to Management

-Raise Minimum Base Hourly Rate for Scheduled Hours

"Overall poor experience at Favor HQ"

Former Employee - Support Specialist in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Support Specialist in Austin, TX

I worked at Favor full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Frequent meals, company-wide events, relaxed atmosphere, diverse employee base.

Cons

The only place I've ever worked where mediocrity was encouraged. If you're one of the people who is good at your job you'll be expected to carry others on your back. I was constantly told that I couldn't use my accrued time-off due to the fact that my department was constantly understaffed (even though others used theirs - I'm not even sure that that's legal???). Never got to use the accrued time, they refused to pay it out once I resigned. Terrible experience, mid-level management is a joke and senior managers are un-bothered and constantly out of the office, on vacation, or in the office playing drinking games and ignoring everyone else. Don't expect a promotion unless you are actively brown nosing. If you're actually talented/smart don't waste your time. If you love cat GIFs, avoiding urgent matters, and being a social justice warrior while on the clock this might be the place for you.

The pay is okay at best. Don't expect a raise or promotion for good performance. Lots of people with made-up job titles doing nothing, someone should really take a magnifying glass to this place.

Advice to Management

Instead of pretending to do better, actually do better.

"Favor Review"

Former Employee - Student in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Student in Dallas, TX

I worked at Favor (Less than a year)

Pros

Loose Schedule
    Flexible Hours
    Not Difficult Work

Cons

You can drive all the way across town for no pay

Advice to Management

Work on the algorithm that gives orders to the runners

"Horrible Pay in the End"

Former Employee - Delivery Driver in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Delivery Driver in Austin, TX

I worked at Favor (Less than a year)

Pros

You make your own schedule.
    No direct supervisors/coworkers to deal with
    Little interaction
    You can enjoy your own music

Cons

Horrible pay-They only guarantee 9$ per hour. After gas and wear and tear that is getting less than min. wage. Favor only pays $2.40 per favor run and then the rest is take from tips you make. If you make below an AVERAGE of 9$ an hour after a SHIFT, they will pay you more to meet the 9$. It's basically a system that means Favor pays you barely at all in the end.
    Customers-Mostly your delivering food to lazy college kids spending their parents money. Some tip well, others horribly.

Advice to Management

Look at your system of pay to truly compensate drivers for their work.

"Appealing at first, but once you get to know them..."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I worked at Favor full-time

Pros

- Relatively lax schedule for a full-time job
    - Pay was appropriate for level of work
    - Fun environment when boss is not around

Cons

- I won't get into this too much since it's talked about at length by runners, but they are not at all concerned with runner retention or satisfaction. They'll do small things like give away cheap swag or host a monthly social, but at the end of the day runners are disposable and the high turnover rate explains why they onboard so many new runners.

- Most managers I experienced are textbook micromanagers who have a hard time accepting that not everyone operates the same way they do. Any time I made a legitimate suggestion, it got turned down for no reason other than "that's not the way I'd do it". This would happen even when the manager had explicitly asked for my suggestions.

- Like another reviewer mentioned, titles mean *way* too much to most employees at Favor, especially the middle management that's been there for a while. If one person had the word "senior" in their title and their colleague didn't, that colleague would throw a hissy fit and complain that they were more deserving because they'd been there longer/managed more people/yada yada. This happened frequently and in front of other managers and their employees. Also, unless your boss somehow manages to get that "senior" added (good luck), you will be stuck in your role. Period.

- Managers make frequent references to previous employees that were a better fit than you for whatever imaginary reason is in their head. To your face. In front of runners.

Advice to Management

-Focus on runner retention rather than onboarding huge amounts of new ones each month that either don't start or end up leaving when they discover how little they're cared for.

-Hire managers that are open to having things done differently than they would do them, and that are less concerned with what letters appear at the beginning of their title.