Favor "flexible schedule" Reviews | Glassdoor

Favor Employee Reviews about "flexible schedule"

Updated Oct 20, 2019

3.4
Favor CEO Jag Bath (no image)
Jag Bath
Pros
Cons
  • "Runners are often looked down upon at restaurants because we can't tip the people serving our customers(in 30 reviews)

• "Wear and tear on your car can get pricey(in 24 reviews)

Reviews about "flexible schedule"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Driver"

I have been working at Favor

Pros

Flexible Schedule and Fair Pay

Cons

Occasional far deliveries Lack of deliveries

Favor2018-10-28
  2. "Great Start-up!!"

Current Freelancer - Independent Contractor in Houston, TX

I have been working at Favor for less than a year

Pros

Flexible schedule, $9/hr guarantee if on schedule and good customer service via text.

Cons

Not enough schedule hours to select for certain areas, not enough pay for food and grocery deliveries and the restaurant website does not match with what is on the menu.

Advice to Management

Let customers know that its Favor delivering their groceries because they think its HEB. Just like you have $5 minimum guarantee tip for grocery delivery the $2 minimum tip for food delivery should be increased to $5 as well. Making $4.10 for an order that you have to first drive more than 3 miles to get there and then sometimes drive another 10 miles to get to the destination is not worth it. Now if you are on... schedule there is a $9/hr guarantee but sometimes there are not enough schedule hours to select when the schedule comes out which means you can run but you will get that $4.10 if the customer does not tip.

Favor2019-10-20
  3. "My time at Favor"

Current Freelancer - Delivery Driver in Houston, TX

I have been working at Favor for more than a year

Pros

-Flexible schedule -Decent pay -experience is not needed

Cons

-Bad when it is not busy

Favor2019-05-31

"It's 2019. Guaranteeing 9$ per hour is miserly."

Current Freelancer - Runner in Austin, TX

I have been working at Favor for less than a year

Pros

Payout is 2-3 days after working. Flexible scheduling.

Cons

-Zones are way too big (too many miles on car). -Pay is $2.10/hour plus tips. That means if you spend an hour on an order, in rush hour traffic, and get tipped 2 bucks (which I just did), you make 4 bucks an hour. Subtract for gas, vehicle wear and tear, and taxes, and I just lost money. *FYI, if you put yourself "on the schedule", Favor will guarantee 9 bucks an hour. 9 bucks, minus gas, wear and tear, and taxes,... comes out to maybe 5 or 6 bucks an hour? Yeah. Not cool.

Advice to Management

-Stop paying people as though its 1984. You're taking advantage of folks. Factoring in gas, taxes that contract workers have to pay, and the vehicle wear and tear from the ridiculously large zones, workers should be guaranteed 20 bucks an hour. -Reduce zone sizes. -Pay for travel time and gas! -Be decent!

Favor2019-04-03

"Not bad for quick cash"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at Favor

Pros

-Flexible scheduling -Easy to get started and was working within a week of signing up -Can make some decent money depending on how busy things are

Cons

-Can be hard to get scheduled during peak hours -Some customers/food vendors can be difficult to work with -Get ready to put some mileage on your car

Favor2018-08-16

"Don't buy into the hype"

Former Freelancer - Runner in Austin, TX

I worked at Favor for less than a year

Pros

Flexible schedule, daily deposits, and you get to learn about some hot restaurants

Cons

I worked for Favor for 8 months and tere still is not a customer service number for runners when they have issues with tips. There is only an email and they take days before they respond. You will get $2 tips for driving 10 miles to deliver a cheeseburger. The algorithm with the app will send you the opposite direction you're actually headed. Your acceptance percentage will suffer when you don't take orders, which... will cause orders to come in a lot slower. You'll average one delivery per hour if that...Not worth the gas and wear-and-tear on your car.

Advice to Management

Stop running the stupid bonus days. Favor will run bonus days Thursday through Sunday which will cause all Runners to log in at the same time... therefore slowing down orders considerably. You're lucky to get three orders on a 8 hour shift. But of course favor only cares about getting their deliveries made, they don't care about the Runners

Favor2018-08-14
  7. "Runner"

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at Favor

Pros

flexible schedule, keep 100% of tips, minimum $9/hour

Cons

categorized as an independent contractor so not benefits, no insurance protection for vehicle, incentivized with barely higher pay to work during difficult conditions (when there are thunderstorms, etc)

Favor2018-05-15

"Favor Delivery"

I have been working at Favor part-time

Pros

Flexible Scheduling, Daily Pay, Customers

Cons

Attempting to find parking downtown

Advice to Management

Increase the minimum tip

Favor2018-04-14

"Great if you’re looking to be your own boss"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Favor part-time for more than a year

Pros

Favor offers a flexible schedule and the ability to be your own “boss.” There’s no micromanagement at all. I’ve discovered new restaurants and new routes along the city as I ran favors. You get to choose your own schedule and work as little or as much as you want.

Cons

I wouldn’t necessarily say this is a con, but there is a ton of driving involved. You don’t really realize the amount of driving you will do until you’re actually running favors. It is extremely difficult to get on the schedule if you don’t have early access. Now I don’t even bother to try. I just run on demand. I have a 4.98 star rating and cant get on the schedule bc it’s full the next minute it comes out.... You have to accumulate a lot of hours to turn a profit after factoring gas, time and vehicle maintenance. Sometimes orders can be vague and customers literally expect you to read their mind. So you end up asking a lot of questions. It really helps if you have previous experience as a server or some other customer based industry. Then you’ll know the right questions to ask, such as “how would you like your burger cooked?” Or “corn or flour tortillas?” It can be a challenge running favors downtown where parking is limited. I’ve found myself walking several blocks from parking to the destination to avoid pricy garage parking. This increases the favor run time and I’m rushing to keep the food from getting cold. I get a cold “vibe” from some restaurant employees because they’re familiar with Favor and know they won’t recieve a tip from us/the Favor customer. I’ve pulled money out of my own pocket to tip on large orders because I’ve felt so bad leaving nothing on the tip knowing they took the time to gather the order correctly. Sometimes I’ve ran favors across town, just to recieve a $2.00 tip and $2.10 delivery fee. I feel like the minimum tip should be increased on favors that require the runner to drive across town from the restaurant to their home/business. Because you are technically an “independent contractor.” You are not offered health insurance or any other type of benefits.

Advice to Management

Listen to the Runners. We are out there hitting the pavement experiencing these things first hand. Increase minimum (not suggested) tip on long distance and downtown favors. Make it easier to get on the schedule for those of us without early access. Some of us are interested in working within the Favor “corporate offices.” Maybe explaining the opportunities and how to apply would be great.

Favor2018-03-27
  10. "Great for busy college students"

Current Freelancer - Favor Driver in College Station, TX

I have been working at Favor for more than a year

Pros

Fantastic flexible scheduling, work whenever you want to and make decent money

Cons

Can be very difficult to get hours, there's too many drivers and not enough demand

Advice to Management

Stop hiring drivers, make early scheduling actually worth something, make runner points matter again

Favor2017-11-21