Favorite Healthcare Staffing Reviews | Glassdoor

Favorite Healthcare Staffing Interim President Christopher Brink
Christopher Brink
  1. "Work Hard Play Hard"

Current Employee - Travel Nurse Recruiter in Overland Park, KS

I have been working at Favorite Healthcare Staffing full-time for less than a year

Pros

Work really really hard and a good team dynamic! Management is great about work life balance

Cons

Not much flexibility when you start a position at Favorite.

Advice to Management

Wish we could work from home sooner than 6+ months out

Favorite Healthcare Staffing2018-12-19
  2. "Feels like home"

I have been working at Favorite Healthcare Staffing full-time

Pros

family orientated, relaxed atmosphere. while we all work very hard it is because we will see the fruits of our labors. a company that gives back at every opportunity

Cons

since everyone knows each other outside of work as well there can be 'cliques'

Advice to Management

maybe be a little more firm on policies? there are all these exceptions it kind of makes the policies seem like suggestions as opposed to actual rules.

Favorite Healthcare Staffing2018-12-18
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

"One of the Worst Employers- STEER CLEAR!!!!"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Mission, KS

I worked at Favorite Healthcare Staffing full-time for more than a year

Pros

Lax atmosphere, you can get away with anything. PTO upfront.

Cons

-Leadership is severely lacking -Major favoritism at Favorite and leadership looks the other way! -No one is corrected, we only get blanket emails that are passive aggressive to all members of the team instead of the few individuals who were making issues -Drama is accepted and even promoted by leadership! -Don’t want to come in to work today? NO WORRIES, they don’t care!! -Not fairly compensated for your own... individual contributions - others who don’t care ride on the coattails of the people who actually do -Not fairly compensated in general, as leadership has said and confirmed MULTIPLE times that Favorite pays their employees lower than the market value because of their “perks”, which are none. -If HR only knew HALF of the things that go on in that place... it is literally an HR Nightmare.

Advice to Management

There are so many terrible things. Favorite needs to take a cold, hard look in the mirror and reevaluate what “culture” means to them. It may not be in every single department, but if you are having issues in certain ones then do something about it! Clean house, hire new management or hire from within! Do you know why recruiters only last 6 months - 1.5 years there? Because they are tired, because they are over it,... because anything is better than dealing with working for this company. Only upper management can change this and my fear is that nothing will change. Favorite will continue to be a revolving door with over 33% turnover every single year like in years past.

Favorite Healthcare Staffing2018-12-19

""Staffing Professional""

Former Employee - Recruiter

I worked at Favorite Healthcare Staffing full-time for less than a year

Pros

My branch manager was a very nice person, and really pushed to make our branch more successful. Just watch out, she was one of those inadvertently offensive people. One time she said "Ah, that nurse didn't want to work because, ya know, she's native american," adding "She probably wanted to get drunk instead." The ladies who do the bulk of the training remotely from the corporate office seemed really nice.

Cons

Oh boy. Having been a professional "recruiter" for several years, staffing is not recruiting. It doesn't build your recruiter resume to hire every single healthcare professional who applies. Sourcing entails finding highly qualified applicants for difficult positions in high demand. Rapidly hiring low skilled nurses, and pestering clients to put them to work is not recruiting. Further, the company uses deceptive... marketing techniques to draw applicants, such as saying they are hiring for a local hospital. The applicant applies thinking they are applying for a job with the healthcare facility directly, and not a staffing company that will put their name on a call list and pester them incessantly. They had an odd payroll system, so nurses would frequently call in to tell the recruiters that they hadn't been paid. Boss positioned her desk so she could see what I was doing at all times, and would sometimes put my desk phone on speaker while I was in the middle of a call with a client or employee, and start talking over me because she didn't like the way I was phrasing things? Further, one of the corporate trainers shared her computer screen at one point to show me something, and she had a notepad up that was logging my activities for the day... (Called 22 people from 8-9 am, no calls from 9-11??). I found this to be somewhat unsettling that they have paid staff to literally monitor an employee's activity without any viable reason. Other than feeling like I was being mislead, I felt as though the company was misleading healthcare workers into a per diem situation, that usually caused them more headaches than benefits. Staff in the branches and 24 hour call center are expected to call people 24 hours per day, which as an employee would drive me bananas. Lastly, the pay was very poor for a recruiting professional, with a pathetic commission. I don't know if its because the company is in Kansas and the cost of living is so low? I was started at $39,000 annual with .03% commission on profits in excess of $10,000. This is $1,200 every 2 weeks, plus maybe 50-100 bucks for commission. For a healthcare recruiting professional, a more reasonable wage is $70,000 annual with a 15% annual bonus for hitting your metrics. If you're looking into recruiting, go the corporate route. Having extensive recruiting experience, I landed a corporate recruiting gig (causing me to leave favorite as quickly as possible) starting at $120k annual plus 20% quarterly bonus on metric completion. Plus, in corporate recruiting you basically manage yourself (no weird lady in Kansas watching your every move, or latent bigotry from a scatter brained boss who sits behind you to watch your computer screen).

Advice to Management

First, I recommend re-evaluating your compensation structure. Looking at other healthcare staffing businesses, you pay recruiters about 10K below market value in salary, and far below commission rates. Perhaps you could shave some "fat" by cutting out some of the oversight at corporate? Perhaps hire branch managers who are better qualified, although, this could be a struggle if they are compensated well below market... value. The branch manager could probably sufficiently monitor branch employees. Be upfront with your providers that they are being "interviewed" by a staffing company, and that you have a contract with the institution they would like to work for. This contract precludes the actual healthcare facility from hiring them because they would be required to pay a fairly large sum of money to Favorite (it would be cheaper for them to just hire someone else, and stop giving you shifts). Fix the pay issues suffered by your per diem nurses. Its not fair that people rely on the income you provide, and then you fail to provide it in a timely manner. If someone doesn't want to work for your company, take them out of your database and stop calling them repeatedly. Its not a good look. Go public! Grow your business like all the other staffing companies that are making a killing in an epic job market.

Favorite Healthcare Staffing2018-11-20
  6. "Recruiter"

I have been working at Favorite Healthcare Staffing full-time

Pros

Small office setting with good work environment. Many resources and people with whom I can go to with questions in our corporate office. Room for growth within company. Good salary for entry level recruiting job. Money rewarded when your branch grows and hires more nurses.

Cons

Better training could be provided. Very low commission. We rely on nurses and lpns and cnas and sometimes they can be unreliable. It is upsetting when they don’t go to their shifts because that reflects poorly on our branch.

Favorite Healthcare Staffing2018-11-06
  7. "Overall good experience"

Licensed Practical Nurse in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Favorite Healthcare Staffing

Pros

Opportunity to learn different areas of kc

Cons

No pto or ability to work when current position closed

Favorite Healthcare Staffing2018-10-24
  8. "Confidential"

Current Employee - Confidential in Kansas City, KS

I have been working at Favorite Healthcare Staffing full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great company and nice people

Cons

none really to think of

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! Company is very personable and friendly .

Favorite Healthcare Staffing2018-10-01
  9. "Recruiter"

Current Employee - Recriter

Pros

Family oriented, caring company invested in its employees

Cons

More money based on experience

Favorite Healthcare Staffing2018-08-03
  10. "Best Company"

Current Employee - Director in Des Moines, IA

Pros

Work/ Life Balance Family Oriented Bonus Opportunities Leadership Training Advancement Opportunities Fast paced setting Company Invests in Employee

Cons

We are not yet in all 50 states.

Advice to Management

Keep on caring and investing!

Favorite Healthcare Staffing2018-06-28
  11. "Great place to work"

I have been working at Favorite Healthcare Staffing full-time

Pros

Pick where you work, get paid weekly

Cons

None have occurred till this day and will not occur

Favorite Healthcare Staffing2018-04-29