Favorite Healthcare Staffing "work life balance" Reviews | Glassdoor

Favorite Healthcare Staffing Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Dec 19, 2018

3.6
Favorite Healthcare Staffing Interim President Christopher Brink
Christopher Brink
Pros
Cons
  • "Pay stays the same and no benefits(in 5 reviews)

• "Never got any cases, always getting canceled(in 5 reviews)

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Great company"

Former Employee - Director of Business Development

I worked at Favorite Healthcare Staffing full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

By far one of the best companies I have ever worked for. Tons of opportunity for growth both professional and personal. Management is mentoring and has open communication. Goals are clear and obtainable. Great work-life balance.

Cons

None really. If I had to list something I would say base salary is low compared to competitors but culture and environment softens the blow.

Favorite Healthcare Staffing2017-04-29
  2. "Work Hard Play Hard"

Current Employee - Travel Nurse Recruiter in Overland Park, KS

I have been working at Favorite Healthcare Staffing full-time for less than a year

Pros

Work really really hard and a good team dynamic! Management is great about work life balance

Cons

Not much flexibility when you start a position at Favorite.

Advice to Management

Wish we could work from home sooner than 6+ months out

Favorite Healthcare Staffing2018-12-19
  3. "Lpn"

Current Freelancer - Licensed Practical Nurse in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Favorite Healthcare Staffing for more than 10 years

Pros

Schedule freedom for work/life balance.

Cons

Dangerous working environments at failing nursing homes with no staff and no supplies and extremely high patient ratio.

Advice to Management

Don't lie about lpn pay

Favorite Healthcare Staffing2017-06-04

"Culture, Culture, Culture"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Overland Park, KS

I have been working at Favorite Healthcare Staffing full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Excellent culture, great learning experience for new grads, great work-life balance.

Cons

Starting pay is lower then other companies/agencies.

Advice to Management

Acknowledge and voice subordinates work well done and their value to you/the company.

Favorite Healthcare Staffing2015-07-29
  5. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Corporate in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Favorite Healthcare Staffing full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have been with Favorite Healthcare in the Corporate office for over 2 years. This is a great place to learn and grow; you're always being offered opportunities to learn through conferences and training sessions. There is a good work-life balance, with the exception of during special projects. Great coworkers and upper Management; every is very approachable, helpful, and fun. You work very hard here - this is not a... "watch the clock" type of job, which I like!

Cons

Archaic paper timesheet system used for Temporary Professionals; I think moving to a computer-based system where the Temporary Professional's onsite supervisor approves the time would be a good idea. There's too much room for error with the paper timesheets.

Advice to Management

Upper Management is very approachable! I always feel comfortable asking for assistance.

Favorite Healthcare Staffing2014-09-16
  6. "Great company culture!!"

Current Employee - Recruiter

Pros

Work/life balance, great people to work with, fun and encouraging work environment, department and branches work as a team, leadership is always pushing you to create new goals, training programs, always learning and growing. Encourages employees to be involved in the community. I love my Favorite Family!

Cons

More pros than cons but like any job, it can overwhelming and stressful at times.

Advice to Management

Keep up the postive attitude/work enviroment.

Favorite Healthcare Staffing2014-03-27
  7. "Work hard, play hard!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

I have been working at Favorite Healthcare Staffing full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Favorite embraces the work-life balance. You will work hard, but have fun doing it! There are lots of growth opportunities and management is very helpful in finding your career path. The people here host a friendly and motiviating environment. Favorite is great at giving you the tools you need to succeed and advance your career.

Cons

There are positives and negatives with any workplace - remember that your career is what you make of it.

Advice to Management

Keep up the energetic environment!

Favorite Healthcare Staffing2014-02-26
  8. "Favorite Healthcare Staffing, redefining modern day "Corporate Culture" (in a good way)"

Current Employee - Contracts & Rates Administrator in Overland Park, KS

Pros

Transparent, Open Door Policy, Promote From Within, Flexible Work Schedule, Great Benefits, Great Opportunities to Give Back to the Community, Doesn't Encourage a "Cut Throat" Working Environment, Work Hard/Play Hard Mentality, Succession Planning, Firmly Believes in a Maintaining a Strong Work/Life Balance, Places Strong Emphasis on Leadership Training and Organizational Development, etc.

Cons

Multiple Departments are Short Staffed, Healthcare Industry is very "Transitional" right now, and Tendency for Communication to Break Down in Certain Areas between Branch and Corporate Employees.

Advice to Management

If the Focus for 2014 is to Increase Sales, We May Need to Create More Support Positions to Help Share the Load.

Favorite Healthcare Staffing2014-02-13

"Favorite Healthcare Staffing Overview"

Branch Director in Overland Park, KS

I have been working at Favorite Healthcare Staffing

Pros

- Great access to regional director and VP level - Very supportive atmosphere - Freedom to control own projects - Initial training very comprehensive - Supportive of work/life balance - Nimble (sometimes too much) - Down to Earth

Cons

- Unrealistic goals - Several quarters, less than 5% of branches hit revenue goals - Lack of direction/commitment - New initiatives dropped/not followed soon after implementation - Lack of understanding between HQ operations and satellite cities' market conditions - Training after initial hiring is sparse - Too few middle and upper level colleagues from whom you can learn

Advice to Management

- Create a solid, continual training plan for employees at all levels - Follow through and stay committed to directives - Make realistic goals based on time and employee responsibilities - Increase communication of company direction to satellite offices

Favorite Healthcare Staffing2010-05-10