Fawkes & Reece Reviews | Glassdoor

Fawkes & Reece CEO Ray Connolly
Ray Connolly

"Good vibe, hard work"

I worked at Fawkes & Reece full-time for less than a year

Pros

I joined the business and it was my first sales job and job in recruitment. I found it too hard and didn’t pass probation. They was fair with me, but I would have liked to have stayed for longer. The Director even sent me an email once I left, which was nice as he didn’t have to. They do have high expectations and I do think it is a great place to work. I wanted to stay I am not bitter as they were right about what... they said and I didn’t hit targets so it is what it is. There are many successful people in the company and loads of people gave me support and tried to help, but I perhaps needed to have more experience before joining. That said I no longer want to work in sales so perhaps it was for the best. Good vibe, happy place to work, you know you have to make placements, there is reward and I enjoyed sales week. Even though it was madness, but everyone enjoys it and I liked being in that environment.

Cons

Canvassing is tough when you aren’t confident, I also couldn’t grasp head hunting so I found getting new candidates v difficult. If you are confident on the phone then you will be fine

Fawkes & Reece2018-04-23

"Had to be a consultant"

I worked at Fawkes & Reece

Pros

None at all, I wouldn’t bother

Cons

Awful place to work and high turnover of staff

Fawkes & Reece2018-05-23
  3. "Difficult but worth it"

I worked at Fawkes & Reece full-time for less than a year

Pros

There's loads. They give me a voucher on my birthday, you get a proper lunch break, which in sales is unheard of. Best offices ever. Trips abroad although I didn’t secure a place. Early finish on a Friday!! I worked at Fawkes & Reece for under a year, after joining without any recruitment experience. In the time I was there I received excellent training and support throughout the time I was there. The... culture is very positive and the people all work hard and are very focused. I did see a number of trainees not succeed and leave but then they weren’t hitting targets and or had too many sick days. These are unlikely to blame themselves but I have seen reviews which I think reflects on them alone. Fawkes & Reece gave me my first shot at recruitment and I think people should be more respectful for what a company does for them! Especially when you are not likely to make profit for months and therefore the business is investing in you!! Be grateful people! The training I received was very good…Keeley and my team leader were genuinely interested in helping me, and I always had directors spending time with me at my desk. Almost every senior or experienced consultant will share tips or help. The team of experienced consultants are very loyal but it isn’t an exclusive club, but you have to be earn a place. You do get a lot of freedom providing you work hard, you are supported, but it is tough to get established!

Cons

You have to work hard and they do expect excellence! If you are lost or struggling you have to ask for assistance, but if you do it is there!

Advice to Management

Thank you for the opportunity I will stay in touch!

Fawkes & Reece2018-03-27

"Hell on Earth"

I worked at Fawkes & Reece full-time

Pros

I have been sat here for approximately ten minutes trying to think of some. I refuse to waste anymore time.

Cons

Where should I start? There is clear favouritism within this company. If you are one of the chosen ones, you will have a reasonably good time. You will get away with sick days, turning up whatever time you fancy, and given a decent list of clients to work with. If you are not one of the sacred members of staff, then I am afraid you will be working on the scraps that no one else wanted, set unrealistic targets,... penalised for not hitting them whilst still being told you have the best desk in the company. If a candidate decides to not take a job, this will be all your fault. You will be criticised for going to meet your candidates and clients as you should be chained to your desk at all times. If you dare to fall sick then this is of course your fault, too. The atmosphere is dreadful. It’s not a buzzing and lively sales floor, it is practically like working in a morgue and it is no surprise why. The company will drain your soul. Whatever you do, it is never good enough. You could lay down your life to make a placement and it still would not be enough. There is no real training structure in place, not even for trainee consultants. If you are lucky, you may have a brief induction on how to use the database and how to structure a very basic phone call. Once again, if these superb and engaging training techniques do not turn you into a top biller, then that is all your fault. There is no real management in place. You will have team leaders, who do not actually lead their teams, they just sign a holiday form if you hand it to them. Other than that you may as well not have a manager. The owner of the company has serious delusions of grandeur. For some reason, he thinks you are all cogs in his money making machine and that is all you are there for. This is highlighted by the way he speaks to even the most senior of his staff. You will not receive credit for anything you personally achieve whilst working here, it will be down to him and Fawkes & Reece being the best company to work for.

Advice to Management

Perhaps there should be some management put in place. However, any ideas or advice you would want to put forward here would be rejected and it will continue to run as the circus it is.

Fawkes & Reece2018-03-06

"Recruitment consultant"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Fawkes & Reece full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have been at Fawkes & Reece since April 2017 and it has been the most challenging job I have worked. I came from a sales background and my skills needed transitioning. F&R provided me with training, one to ones and a mentor for me to learn from. I can happily say this has been the most fun I have had at work as well. The office is always buzzing and they always find a way to get you energised for the day ahead.... People within the company are friendly and outgoing. They will often ask you to join them on a separate team or staff events and will always provide useful knowledge if required. There are people that have worked here for long periods of time and do their best to help you fit in. I find that to be a huge reason as to why I am still in the company.

Cons

At first, I felt the hours were long, then I had realised the more hours you put in the more you get out. I believe that to be a little bit of a challenge also. Balancing your time is something that will be a major test for you. However, there are aids and ways to assist you with this.

Advice to Management

Keep believing in your staff. The more time you put in for your staff the harder they will work for your company.

Fawkes & Reece2018-01-25

"don't bother"

I worked at Fawkes & Reece full-time for more than a year

Pros

You will get to work with some of the senior consultants who have started from the bottom and were loyal to F&R since the start. You become a specialist in your selected field. As with any recruitment firm, there are always opportunities for progression if you perform

Cons

The company doesn't welcome diversity and employs straight out of school trainees who don't have any idea what recruitment is all about. Very high employee turnover, most people stay there for less than a year. Lack of management, a lot of drama and internal conflicts happening within the company. no wonder that f&r have the reputation of being a car salesman...

Advice to Management

Invest into your employees, take time to understand the culture of your business.

Fawkes & Reece2018-02-03

Fawkes & Reece Response

February 6, 2018Marketing Manager

Thank you for your comments. Fawkes & Reece is always keen to give people who are looking to start a career in recruitment a chance, if they show the right attitude and aptitude during the interview process. We accept that entry level people at junior and trainee level do not always reach the standard our clients expect. It’s a tough job and we all have to work hard to achieve success. Unfortunately we are unable to compromise our high expectations. Those who can reach the standard we aim for go on to become very successful members of the company. We are extremely proud of our ability to grow and progress trainees and over 80% of our management team were once trainees themselves.

"Consultant"

I worked at Fawkes & Reece full-time for more than a year

Pros

A couple of good, honest people with a good sense of humour. Even those are mostly fed up and cynical.

Cons

Awful environment, poisonous and often bordering bullying. Aggressive management style. Clear hierarchy of favourites who are treated favourably in every way possible. The rest are just cogs in a machine probably not going going anywhere anyway.

Advice to Management

Take a look at yourselves and how you treat people and maybe stop behind behind the line ‘this is sales’ every time it suits you. Sales week is dated and demoralising. Often used as means to insult people personally through a platform allegedly fun! ask your employees. It isn’t.

Fawkes & Reece2018-01-30

Fawkes & Reece Response

February 6, 2018Marketing Manager

Thank you for your review. It’s unfortunate you did not find your time at Fawkes & Reece an overall positive one. We are always looking for new ways to reward and motivate our teams and are constantly reviewing what we do in close consultation with our teams. Every part of the business, including our activities are voted for and designed to provide our own unique identity. You would have seen this take place as part of our end of month meetings and the collaborative approach we adopt.

8. "You couldn't get a better career opportunity and great place to work!"

Current Employee - Executive Search and Talent Manager in London, England

I have been working at Fawkes & Reece full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

- The culture - it's professional, fun, dynamic and inspiring - Great incentives - bonus scheme, commission structure and incentives - Support from Director Level is second to none - Career path is very structured and clear

Cons

None - except people that do not apply themselves/work hard will stand out in this environment.

Fawkes & Reece2017-11-28
  9. "The facts of working for Fawkes and Reece"

Current Employee - Team Leader in London, England

I have been working at Fawkes & Reece full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Honest hard graft will bring you reward Excellent training and experience Great Client Relationships and PSL agreements Excellent Opportunity to earn money Good people and great fun Good incentives Strong Database

Cons

Not the most Modern offices - however we are moving to brand new offices in the new year of 2018

Advice to Management

Update the IT systems in the new offices and keep up the good work.

Fawkes & Reece2017-11-22

"A joke"

I worked at Fawkes & Reece full-time

Pros

Nothing, was the worst place I have ever worked.

Cons

Just a joke of place.

Fawkes & Reece2017-12-11