Fay Servicing Reviews | Glassdoor

Ed Fay

"Mortgage Lending"

Current Employee - Mortgage Lending in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Fay Servicing full-time for more than a year

Pros

Free lunches, birthday gift card, free vision insurance and holiday party

Cons

They have the most unskilled, unprofessional, unethical management team I have ever encountered and the HR division is twice as bad, employee turnover is tremendous; training is very poor and the cost o& medical insurance is sky high.

Advice to Management

I believe the employees are good quality but they being lead by poor managers.

Fay Servicing2018-03-10

"Loan Officer"

Former Employee - Mortgage Loan Officer in Tampa, FL

I worked at Fay Servicing full-time for less than a year

Pros

Month end free lunch and that is it!

Cons

The structure is terrible and direction is poor because the management does a lame job of actually managing. The training, job satisfaction and pay is not adequate and do not dare reach out to management or any of the Human Resources Personnel because they lack the skills to listen, comprehend and resolve issues.

Advice to Management

Clean house and get new managers with skills, personality and education and spend time developing the employees you have managed to retain.

Fay Servicing2018-03-16

"Not worth it"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Fay Servicing full-time for more than a year

Pros

Free lunches, decent pay, nice coworkers.

Cons

I pay double for benefits for just myself than I did at my previous job for both myself and my husband. The 401k plan is a complete joke. And the vacation time is very disappointing as well. I feel like I was tricked into leaving my previous job for more money at this position and was promised bonuses and overtime. Both are nonexistent so with the high benefits cost my take home pay is actually less.

Advice to Management

Free lunches are nice but I'd gladly cut that for a better benefits package.

Fay Servicing2018-02-04

"Best Company I've ever been a part of."

Current Employee - Compliance Specialist in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Fay Servicing full-time for less than a year

Pros

Fay Servicing is extremely "team oriented" and the CEO, Ed Fay, treats his employees like family. There are tons of perks and privileges and senior management is extremely approachable and logical. This is shown in the quarterly company meetings where Ed addresses his "team" Wolf-of-Wall-Street style! Benefits include free gym membership, monthly lunches and cool team events. My first week correlated with 10+Billion celebration...

Cons

The company is growing so there are a lot of phone meetings in lieu of in-person meetings (location issues). I prefer in person contact but that is hard to solve. Although equal in theory, Texas seems to be favored over the Chicago location (at least this year).

Advice to Management

Management style and demeanor is fantastic. Staff is friendly and positive. Would like to see more mentorship opportunities and more "pathways" to success.

Fay Servicing2018-01-05
  5. "Great place to work, grow and be valued for your abilities and contributions"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Fay Servicing full-time for more than a year

Pros

Tremendous opportunities for anyone seeking a chance to be recognized and appreciated, looking for opportunity to advance and grow professionally, looking for direct access to senior leadership and for those that value the family oriented culture of a smaller firm that is growing.

Cons

This is not a great place to work if you want to just punch a clock. The company clearly wants engaged and enthusiastic employees. As with any growing company there are bumps in the road, but the future focus is exciting.

Advice to Management

Don't let our growth and market forces change who we are.

Fay Servicing2018-01-05
  6. "Fay Culture"

Current Employee - Assistant Vice President

I have been working at Fay Servicing full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I am very happy with Fay's culture. It is very diverse and encourages feedback from it's employees. Senior Leadership has an open door policy and is very transparent with where the Company is going. I have seen an substantial amount of growth since joining the Company and honestly feel it is because Fay puts their internal and external customers first is the reason for its success. I am excited about 2018 and look...

Cons

I would like my PTO to be given at the 1st of the year instead of accrued.

Fay Servicing2018-01-03

"It's a living wage, but you're going to work hard and stress about it"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at Fay Servicing full-time for less than a year

Pros

Free gym membership, close to public transportation (HQ), end of the month lunch, great holiday parties.

Cons

I enjoyed working with my team members, but I'm sure the culture has changed due to the absorption of a smaller office. If the work life balance was greatly improved, I'd would reapply as it's not a terrible company as a whole. By definition, they are no longer a startup but they continue to operates like one. Also, the nepolism and favoritism was getting out of hand.

Advice to Management

Hire and train your AVP and VPs based on their of emotional intelligence, it's what effects your turn over, your client engagement, & productivity. Think Jack Ma rather than Jack Welsh. Improve your work life balance because there's no concrete data that supports working past 7 PM vastly improves your customer payment trends. Implement and invest in current technology. Lastly, start staffing your workforce internally...

Fay Servicing2017-12-14

"Tired of bureaucracy and seeing dead weight at your other places of employment?"

Current Employee - Management in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Fay Servicing full-time for more than a year

Pros

Meritocracy culture. Family spirit. We don't have time for non performers. If you're ambitious, hard working, and dedicated, this is the place for you.

Cons

This is a young and growing company. We reinvest in that growth, so benefits are not the best you will find but they are competitive.

Advice to Management

Keep sharing the messaging. You are most effective when you communicate your passion.

Fay Servicing2017-12-16

"I must say that I enjoy being a part of the team."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carrollton, TX

I have been working at Fay Servicing full-time for more than a year

Pros

Opportunity to be part of a growing company where you can see the differences your efforts and hard work make, while also being recognized for those efforts. Leaders willing to listen to ideas/concerns and make changes that benefit employees and customers. Employees are encouraged to be a part of the solution. Customers are happy with the level of service provided: sister-in-law was sad when her loan transferred to...

Cons

Growing pains, but some of the same "pains" encountered at other mortgage servicers that are much larger and have been in business for many more years than Fay.

Advice to Management

Let every successful moment encourage you to be better leaders and not-so-good experiences teach you to take better paths.

Fay Servicing2017-12-15
  10. "Account Manager"

I worked at Fay Servicing full-time

Pros

Good place to work. Good money.

Cons

It can be a bit boring.

Fay Servicing2017-11-20

Fay Servicing Response

November 27, 2017EVP, Human Resources

We do appreciate the kind words and surely hope that you did not leave due to boredom. We definitely could have spiced up your day had we known.

Found 124 reviews