FedEx Ground Reviews | Glassdoor

Henry J. Maier

2,535 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Inflexibility with work hours option work life balance (in 59 reviews)

• There are no benefits for insurance or 401k (in 101 reviews)

"Loved the people, not the hours"

Former Employee - Package Handler in Cocoa, FL
    Former Employee - Package Handler in Cocoa, FL

I worked at FedEx Ground part-time (More than a year)

Pros

- awesome coworkers and managers, everyone was super chill
    - basically getting paid to work out
    - great benefits
    - awesome work environment
    - weekly pay
    - recognition for hard work
    - promote from within as long as you are up to the task and show your strengths

Cons

- usually only 3-4 hours a day
    - 3am-8am shift sucks, is very hard on body, makes living life/having a second job tough because you're always exhausted
    - the work is very grueling, they will work you as hard as they can even if it is hard for you
    - the job gets extremely stressful
    - warehouse is hot
    -easy to overwork yourself, must eat beforehand and hydrate on and off the job
    - benefits don't kick in until after a year for part time
    - not enough pay for what it is worth (this job is literal manual labor)

2. "Good part time job"

Pros

Morning hours Decent pay Good workout

Cons

Fast paced Hard work Short hours

3. "Seasonal Package Handler"

I have been working at FedEx Ground part-time

Pros

Lead supervisors, workers are very helpful. Fun and exciting place to work at.

Cons

No cons about this company.

Advice to Management

No advice. I appreciate your support.

"Good work ethic, and will get buff"

Former Employee - Package Handler in North Salt Lake, UT
    Former Employee - Package Handler in North Salt Lake, UT

I worked at FedEx Ground part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Loved working for this company, I started in Wyoming and worked in Utah. Great benefits like paying for college. You will meet great people have fun at work, and it will keep you in shap. Weekly paychecks. In Wyoming, a satellite location is the best cushy environment to work in because low volume so less intense. Pays above average, especially for around 4 hours of work, and they are willing to let you work 2 shifts a day if you want to try to get a little extra cash.

Cons

Very intense working conditions, your personal safety is an issue. Management beats you to crap by forcing you to work harder and faster by dumbing a million packages at you in your trailer. This is how it is working at a hub like in Utah. They tell you, you can load one shift and unload the next shift, but they trick you into loading because loading is more intense than unloading and people call out. Difference is taking down package walls or building them? Just keep in mind, a million packages per min. If you miss too much work they will want to dumb you. It's hard work. For a teenager who needs a butt kicking of the real world should work here, good life lessons. You will go home with lots of pain in your body, so cancel that gym membership. Some days the wait between shifts can be long, because of trucking delays, but if you want that extra cash, better wait it out, plus good rest before another intense shift. There is no clocks so you feel your in a eternal hell. After work hard for what feels like 2 hours but you go look at the time clock it was 5 mins, you may want to cry.

Advice to Management

If we ate not allowed to bring in our personal belongings, you should have more clocks posted. Please be more fair to employees by letting them load one shift and unload the next, or be honest and explaine people are not at work and the load needs to be divided up.

5. "Package Handler"

Current Employee - Package Handler in Olive Branch, MS
    Current Employee - Package Handler in Olive Branch, MS

I have been working at FedEx Ground part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The pay rates and good benefits

Cons

Hard work for 6 hours

Advice to Management

NA

6. "Package Handler"

I worked at FedEx Ground part-time

Pros

- Good pay
    - Paid for "working out"
    - Lenient oversight
    - Offer benefits
    - Celebration events (free food + drinks)

Cons

- Tough manual labor
    - Lazy workers = more work
    - Overworking takes toll on body
    - Holidays = worse days
    - Potentially dangerous work

"Very impressed so far, exceeded my expectations."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at FedEx Ground part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I am currently working in the new Cypress, TX hub off of Grand Parkway. At this facility, 85% of it is semi-automated with overhead conveyable and low floor heavy non conveyable belts. For the most part, the physical labor is trying to actually load or unload the trucks; yes there are heavy items however it is all in how you handle yourself in handling the item! While no one will teach you how to work smarter, you just have to find ways for yourself that make it easier. No one there will criticize or have a problem with what you do as long as you are doing it safely and are not damaging the customers packages. In fact, as long as they see that you are doing your job and constantly working and demonstrating you are a team player no one will bother you and your mornings or afternoons will fly by. As of writing this review, the hours I am working are perfect for me. I have a few health issues that I am currently dealing with and the hours that I work along with the physical labor that I perform is just enough. No one bothers me, and in fact I have asked for extra hours and they have given me some as needed. That is going to change very quickly as we are approaching the busy Christmas season.

I understand that other hub facilities and other warehouses operate very differently. At the Cypress Hub they absolutely do not use pallet jacks or forklifts. State-of-the-art barcode technology handles all of the Sorting to the different chutes that the packages need to be going to. There is no pallet shrink wrapping.

I came from working in a manufacturing background for 20 years. I never thought that I would be working in logistics. However, it is quite refreshing to be working in a different type of business where the common goal is all the same. From package handler to sort manager it is clear that the objective is to get the packages to where they need to be in a timely fashion. There really is no time for office politics or for socializing. And while I do believe that the management team is fair, be fair warned that if you are not willing to work you will be singled out very quickly and will not last long at all. No matter what level of management, big brother is watching you!

Cons

There are many types of scanners that the warehouse uses depending on the job you are doing. However, overall I would say that the software the equipment is using is below average! There are lots of bugs within the system and that can be extremely aggravating and depending on what you are doing it will take you a lot longer than necessary. The MC 55 scanner is going to be the most widely and most versatile tool you will use here. It pretty much has the capability of a smartphone and has the ability to perform just about every single operation that is needed within the warehouse. Package handlers do not use these however; they have a different type of scanner which limits their ability for loading and unloading packages as they are handled.

They are definitely not clear with part-timers on breaks. In general a part-timer will usually be working less than 5 hours a day so it is a given that you will get no break. However, on those days where you will be working 6 hours or more, it is up to you to bring up to your manager that you need a break. No one has ever given me a hard time on those days that I worked 6 hours and stepped outside for a few minutes to my car. Just don't abuse it and be gone for like 30 minutes! A little Common Sense goes a long way.

Advice to Management

Too soon to really give any advice, except I wish I had joined this company many years ago.

8. "Great Opportunities"

I have been working at FedEx Ground part-time

Pros

Great benefits offered upon hiring

Cons

There are not any cons.

9. "FedEx"

I have been working at FedEx Ground part-time

Pros

Great pt. time job if needed

Cons

Short hours earned but expected and explained prior.

Advice to Management

10. "Good place to work if you're wanting to get in shape"

Former Employee - Part Time Package Handler in Santa Fe, NM
    Former Employee - Part Time Package Handler in Santa Fe, NM

I worked at FedEx Ground (More than a year)

Pros

If you're young and ambitious, FedEx Ground can be a company that you can easily grow a career with. They seem to want to promote and encourage people that show ambition.

Cons

Hours can be quite early, so you need to plan your sleep accordingly.

Advice to Management

Continue to preach teamwork and safety as you currently do.

Showing 2,535 of 2,603 reviews