FedEx Office Reviews | Glassdoor

FedEx Office Reviews

Updated June 24, 2017

Pros
Cons
  • Work life balance is difficult due to staffing fluctuations (in 45 reviews)

• Relocating (despite availability of positions and locations) during a move to a new area is difficult, High turnover of fellow team members (in 111 reviews)

"Work hard and get ahead."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Pros

I started part time in October 2014. I pushed to know all I could. Got promoted Full time February 2015 and THEN Promoted to a Lead Consultant that May. If you push to know all you can and excel, you will go far. I am already applying to be an Assistant Manager this week and think I'll get it and I've been with the company just over 2 years.

Cons

Training is very much on your own. Use your resources and seek out those who have been with the company a long time.

Advice to Management

Communication is key. A lack of it makes everyone look bad.

2. "Pretty good work environment"

Current Employee - Senior Program Manager in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Program Manager in Plano, TX

I have been working at FedEx Office full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The location of the office is perfect for those working north of Dallas (Plano, Frisco, McKinney). Work groups are very close and work hard to help each other out.

Cons

Overly reactive to input from local operations. It can be difficult to roll out new programs with the high turn over we see in stores.

3. "Great job if technically inclined"

Former Employee - Lead Center Consultant in Novi, MI
    Former Employee - Lead Center Consultant in Novi, MI

I worked at FedEx Office full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great pay for what you have to do. Starting pay for a regular center consultant is $11 an hour.

Cons

Customers are often uneducated in terms of services and other things and you tend to have to treat customers like babies and hold their hand very often.

4. "Pros and cons"

Former Employee - LEAD CONSULTANT/SIGN & GRAPHICS SPECIALIST in Savannah, GA
    Former Employee - LEAD CONSULTANT/SIGN & GRAPHICS SPECIALIST in Savannah, GA

I worked at FedEx Office full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Team members you work with, customers you build relationships with, relationships with couriers, up to dave software, windows based computers, excellent network to produce jobs, amazing data transmission software, great training.

Cons

Pay needs to increase big time and all management needs to appreciate their employees more.

Advice to Management

Learn to appreciate your employees. After all your job does not exist with out them.

5. "Multitasking a must. Keep cool under pressure, highly physical job. Demanding. Must have people skills and patience."

Current Employee - Center Consultant in Wilmington, DE
    Current Employee - Center Consultant in Wilmington, DE

I have been working at FedEx Office full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fun environment. Can be creative. Tools available to get your projects done right. Creativity encouraged. Scheduling around our lives while keeping the workflow in order.

Cons

Not much room for advancement. Must put in years of service to gain knowledge of all the machines. Lots of training. Shipping system is one aspect, as is printing another. Must have a general idea of computer knowledge as some times you need to wear many hats when dealing with technology. Too many expectations not paid enough for what is expected.

Advice to Management

Micro management is not necessary if you trust your team is knowledgeable enough to preform their jobs. Let us do what we need to do to get our customers' jobs completed efficiently and effectively without interruption. Get management out on the floor with his/her team. Work with customers, run production, answer phones. The fearless leader is our hub, our binding agent, our inspiration. They set the atmosphere as to how we work as a team. We need the support at times. And a little pat on the back never hurt either. Living the purple promise may require you to go above and beyond. So remember the team members and how without us we wouldn't be the company we have grown to be. We get the surveys we sell the products. We try out best and don't ask for much. Although a raise is hard to ask for, but so is time off sometimes. We have kids and lives too.

6. "Center Consultant"

Former Employee - Center Consultant in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Center Consultant in Miami, FL

I worked at FedEx Office full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The pay was competitive and there was ease in attaining a raise

Cons

Rude Customers
    work / life balance
    long hours

Advice to Management

Hire more people

7. "Centralized Dispatcher"

Current Employee - Dispatcher in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Dispatcher in Plano, TX

I have been working at FedEx Office full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent work environment, You are really being treated with respect at all level. People are very professional and respectful. Great benefit if you sign up on time. Pay above average, managers are really understanding and set you up for success. Work environment lay back not so much pressure but result expected.

Cons

Mention some carrier opportunities that pop up, and encourage talent to seek other opportunities within company.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you doing

8. "Get it"

Former Employee - Assistant Manager and Production Lead in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager and Production Lead in San Jose, CA

I worked at FedEx Office (More than a year)

Pros

Great work envoriment
    managment works along side you

Cons

there were broken equipment, and needy customers

Advice to Management

make sure to have staff trained properly

9. "Center Consultant"

Former Employee - Center Consultant in Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Center Consultant in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at FedEx Office part-time (More than a year)

Pros

You get learn some valuable skills when it comes to printing and creating documents. There is a lot of valuable things you can learn from Fedex.

Cons

Customers are not the nicest. well from my location at Scottsdale, AZ. Many come in stressed out and share that with you.

"Customer Service Associate Review"

Former Employee - Customer Service Associate in Brea, CA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Associate in Brea, CA

I worked at FedEx Office part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great first job for young adults entering the work force.
    Flexible schedule
    Fair pay

Cons

I can't remember there being anything to complain about or something that left a big impact as being negative. I had a positive experience working for the company.

Showing 369 of 1,510 reviews