FedEx Office Reviews | Glassdoor

1,451 reviews

Full-time Part-time

1,451 Employee Reviews

Cons

1. "20 years mostly as center manager"

Former Employee - Center Manager in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Center Manager in Charlotte, NC

I worked at FedEx Office full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Loved it when it was kinkos and it was a family atmosphere. Fedex took the fun and passion out of it for me

Cons

No longer valued the tenured worker after fedex took over. Too much emphasis on shipping instead of printing so they just want cheaper labor

Advice to Management

Customer service is hurting with new payroll limits

2. "Exec pressures creates hypocrites"

Current Employee - Center Consultant in Aurora, CO
    Current Employee - Center Consultant in Aurora, CO

I have been working at FedEx Office full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Customer Service goals are best in the business. Opportunities for quick advancement. Learn two trades at once, (shipping & printing).
    Work available at other stores for extra money. Great benefits.

Cons

High standards of service can easily become inconsistent. Managers must realisticly balance time and cost constraints (at the expense of employees or customer service ). The "Pride of a job well done" can tarnish in the rush to meet our "numbers".

Advice to Management

Goals are absolutely critical. But our mercurial economy seldom repeats last year's financial revenue. Adopt an averaged financial goal model that can challenge realistically, similar to predicting seasons.
    Center Mgmt needs less scolding from District Mgmt & more mentoring.

3. "Center Consultant"

Former Employee - Center Consultant in Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Center Consultant in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at FedEx Office part-time (More than a year)

Pros

You get learn some valuable skills when it comes to printing and creating documents. There is a lot of valuable things you can learn from Fedex.

Cons

Customers are not the nicest. well from my location at Scottsdale, AZ. Many come in stressed out and share that with you.

"Customer Service Associate Review"

Former Employee - Customer Service Associate in Brea, CA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Associate in Brea, CA

I worked at FedEx Office part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great first job for young adults entering the work force.
    Flexible schedule
    Fair pay

Cons

I can't remember there being anything to complain about or something that left a big impact as being negative. I had a positive experience working for the company.

"Fast Paced, Skill Building, Long Hours"

Former Employee - Senior Center Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Center Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at FedEx Office full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Variety of people, fast paced, different every day, builds transferrable job skills, fun environment, creative customers, opportunity to make someone's day every day.

Cons

long hours, low pay, difficult employee and customer situations, very corporate, super limited budgets for improvements, task saturated managers

Advice to Management

Pay the team member better, give them better benefits and really create a positive work environment and your turn over will reduce, you will have more consistent customer service and a happier work environment.

7. "Center Manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

I worked at FedEx Office full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There is job stability. Most of the employees are do their jobs well. Decent benefits. Locations all over the country if you wish to relocate. Generally, the right people are promoted.

Cons

I think the pay is very low for the skills you must master, and for the chaos that occurs. (And I'm not even speaking about Christmas time with extraordinary volumes of packages to pack and ship).

Advice to Management

Reevaluate what your employees are worth.

8. "Customer Consultant"

Former Employee - Customer Consultant in Hattiesburg, MS
    Former Employee - Customer Consultant in Hattiesburg, MS

I worked at FedEx Office part-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great crew to work with. Get to meet and interact with diverse clientele and employees.

Cons

Too pushy on trying to get surveys and basing performance on those surveys alone.

Advice to Management

Corporate Management needs to allow stores to hire more people for coverage.

9. "Used to be great, now not so much"

Former Employee - Center Consultant in Anaheim, CA
    Former Employee - Center Consultant in Anaheim, CA

I worked at FedEx Office part-time

Pros

Flexible hours.
    Willing to let you move up if you want to.

Cons

I used to love working here, but after shifts in management in my district, I can't get out fast enough.
    Management has no idea how to do anything. They implement all these new procedures that do nothing but irritate the customers, then have you tell the customers it's easier for them when they know it's not. In my district, the managers have a sheet they fill out as managers listen to your transactions. They write down exactly what you say and then recap with you after.

Advice to Management

When your team members and CUSTOMERS ESPECIALLY, tell you something is not working out...LISTEN!!!!

"Center Assistant Manager"

Former Employee - Center Assistant Manager in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Center Assistant Manager in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at FedEx Office full-time (More than a year)

Pros

FedEx Office has a very organized method and procedure for doing literally anything in the store.

Cons

Because it is such a big company, FedEx Office tracks every kind of metric you can think of. Customer satisfaction, color/black and white copies, Product of the Month, and others are all tracked, and if you aren't meeting the goals, you'll be talked to. Also, you have to keep up with computer-based training while you are busy trying to get trained on everything in the store. If that doesn't bother you, you also have to do "cold calls" which is horrible. You have to call everyone who has purchased a print job of 100 dollars or more, which isn't good because you play the role of a telemarketer bothering people while they are working. Like I said, everything is tracked, which means while you are working, your boss can spy on you through cameras while he is away, which I find to be quite disturbing. Of course, if you're doing what you're supposed to be doing, then it shouldn't matter. But the use of cameras to "check up" on your employees doesn't inspire any type of confidence or integrity. I always felt like I was being watched.
    If any of these examples don't bother you, then maybe the idea of your district and regional managers calling you will. Your regional or any other higher upper management will call, pretending they are customers and will ask about services and products, just to see if you are "selling" the correct way.
    And still, if none of these are cons for you to consider never applying, FedEx has a strict budget with payroll, or so it seemed like. Meaning, we were always short on employees because we could never exceed payroll. This then caused customer satisfaction to go down, because no one could help customers waiting in line quickly enough.
    Also, it was such a hassle dealing with customers trying to print and ship. They would print all these projects and ship them. The only problem is that FedEx uses two different types of registers for both types of transactions. For customers, this means a headache of waiting in line to purchase a printing job, and then going to another line to ship it. It is seriously the most stupidest thing I've ever had to deal with, and trust me... I felt dumb telling customers to go to one register for one item and another register for another. It is ridiculous. No one tells you about the behind-the-scenes stuff and you definitely don't think of this as a sales/retail position, but it is exactly that.

Advice to Management

Don't be stingy with payroll, don't spy on your employees, fix your registers to handle both shipping and printing transactions in one. Oh, and EASE UP on sales metrics. Your employees aren't slaves.

11. "Customer Consultant"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pensacola, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pensacola, FL

Pros

401k matching, PTO, and healthcare benefits. There are some really great, hardworking people within this company.

Cons

Increased company demands with fewer resources. Low pay for amount of work required. Poor management lead to unfair distribution of responsibilities.

Advice to Management

Acknowledge and reward hard work.

Showing 1,451 of 1,461 reviews