FedEx Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated June 27, 2017
2,901 reviews

Full-time Part-time

2,901 Employee Reviews

Pros
  • It is a very family-friendly company that encourages employees to have a good work life balance (in 221 reviews)

• Great company with great benefits even for part time (in 185 reviews)

Cons
  • Targets / too much of pressure / no work life balance (in 50 reviews)

• Long hours for some others not working 40 hours (in 86 reviews)

1. "Never Doubt Mr. Smith"

Former Employee - Technology Analyst in Coraopolis, PA
    Former Employee - Technology Analyst in Coraopolis, PA

I worked at FedEx full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Dynamic Legendary Leader and Founder
    Fascinating Company
    Really takes care of FedEx Employees
    Absolutely Superior Products and Service
    Best Customer Service in the Industry
    A leader and company that just can't fail.

Cons

Tend to be lenient on under performers
    Outsourcing and offshoring
    Some establishment, good ole boys clubs, and deadwood
    Some bad managers

Advice to Management

Look for the loyal and dedicate and make sure they are getting their right rewards and recognition over managers.

2. "Say goodbye to your life"

Current Employee - Courier in Farmington Hills, MI
    Current Employee - Courier in Farmington Hills, MI

I have been working at FedEx part-time

Pros

Pay, vacation time and benefits are good for an unskilled worker like me.

Cons

Fedex is currently in stupid/confused mode. They are buying up other transportation companies while taking their focus off the part of the company that started the whole show. Express volumes are way down due to sales shifting pkgs to Fedex Ground. They are mothballing aircraft and keeping vehicles well passed their service life. I would love to show pictures of the rusted piece of crap truck we just got rid. I'm sure investors would be interested in knowing what's really going on at Fedex. They take vehicles from station that some coffee dog in Memphis says the station doesn't need even though he/she doesn't have a friggin clue what the stations vehicle needs are. They put 2 wheel drive vehicles in parts of the country that need 4 wheel drive. Having 4 wheel drive vehicles is what separates us from the competition but upper management is too stupid to figure it out. The give us a raise and then raise our rates. They have a spending freeze so it's hard to get new uniforms. I've had the same shirts for a decade. If you are young and a hard worker and don't mind being stressed all the time Fedex is for you. You will learn to hate driving. I mean despise driving. Remember those weekend drives you took with your significant other? Say goodbye to them. You will not want to leave your home your days off. Christmas? Don't even get me started. You will come to hate your favorite holiday and will only put up with it for the sake of your kids. 20 years of my life wasted but they paid for my kids and my wife was able to be a stay home mom. So, it is what it is. Most of the employees I work with are smokers and alcoholics.

Advice to Management

Have round table meetings with your DRIVER'S to find out which vehicles are the best and then buy the damn things! Put more focus on the Fedex Express brand. Get rid of Ground completely and incorporate it into Express. Most of the time we're delivering to the same place anyway.

"package handler"

Former Employee - Package Handler in Broomfield, CO
    Former Employee - Package Handler in Broomfield, CO

I worked at FedEx full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I like to people there and they are very nice to me

Cons

there some of package it hard to pick up

4. "BDM"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Memphis, TN
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Memphis, TN

I worked at FedEx (More than 10 years)

Pros

Secure working environment. Excellent Service offering to the customers .

Cons

Not too much room to move but it is there is you are prepared to work hard and travel .

Advice to Management

Listen to the people on the ground whom are face to face with the customers.

5. "customer service support"

Former Employee - Senior Customer Service Representative in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Customer Service Representative in Sacramento, CA

I worked at FedEx full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Enjoy working with people making sure the customer co.email first

Cons

opportunity for growth within the company to expand my ability to learn more for possible management position of each day

Advice to Management

Steady , prompt,advocate to others needs , value the needs of delivery products on time

6. "a very hard worker and team player"

Current Employee - Parcel Assistant in Kent, WA
    Current Employee - Parcel Assistant in Kent, WA

I have been working at FedEx part-time (More than a year)

Pros

team workers.get along with team

Cons

nothing to really downside.great job

Advice to Management

keep doing great things as always

7. "handler"

Former Employee - Part Time Package Handler in Shreveport, LA
    Former Employee - Part Time Package Handler in Shreveport, LA

I worked at FedEx part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

it is a fun job to work around aircraft and make a difference in the world by delivering packages

Cons

with such a big work space it is hard to keep up with everyone working, so some of your coworkers will slack

Advice to Management

during sort make your best downloaders down load and best stackers stack

8. "Ops Admin"

Current Employee - Ops Administrative I in Chesapeake, VA
    Current Employee - Ops Administrative I in Chesapeake, VA

I have been working at FedEx part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good benefits, good training depending on station and manager opportunity to learn and advance. Open door policy with your manager and promoted from within

Cons

Sometimes lack of management follow through can result in an environment without team work and lack of acknowledged for the hard working dependable members of the team

Advice to Management

Follow through on your promises to make the operation run smoother. Give the employees the tools they need to succeed a little recognition goes a long way.

"Don't care anymore"

Current Employee - Management in Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Management in Memphis, TN

I have been working at FedEx full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

People are great that work there

Cons

Fedex got big and they preach people service profit but they font seem to care anymore except for progits

Advice to Management

Consider that your employees are people with real lives

"FedEx is a good starting job"

Current Employee - Part Time Package Handler in Romeoville, IL
    Current Employee - Part Time Package Handler in Romeoville, IL

I have been working at FedEx part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Its a place that is usually hiring, and is a bit faster paced than usual, you'll have plenty to do with nice pay, compared to other entry level jobs. Applying for a position in early fall through winter is basically a guaranteed job, and if you work hard enough you'll have a good chance of moving up their higher positions.

Cons

FedEx is usually hiring because its a labor intensive job, and requires actual physical labor on the workers end. Most of the time though your workload will be small, although this is no good if you need money, because at FedEx you work until all the packages are where they need to be, which means at whatever time all the packages are loaded is what time you'll be going home. FedEx cuts hours based on how much labor they need, so if the package count is low, then your hours will be low. The best time to apply for FedEx is right before holiday season; (I applied the last week of october and got my job on Halloween. ) although, holiday season has really high amounts of workload and you'll be forced to work extra hours at varying clock in/clock out times. You don't have a standard clock in/clock out time at FedEx, it is changed actively thoughout the week. If you're part time you might have anywhere from 15 to 32 hours a week based on how much work there is to be done, and how long you are willing to stay each day. If you aren't a work horse beware, because this job gets to a point where its not the physical effort you have to put in to lift boxes; (which, to be fair, are usually light) its about how monotonous the job can be, the work never changes, your job will be to take a box, scan it, and put it somewhere else for however long every day, so good luck with that. This job has more of equipment, sharp edges, and heavy lifting than usual, so becareful, and steel-toe boots could help out a lot.

Advice to Management

Management is fine for the most part. Some managers are a bit condescending to lower level workers, which is probably because all the heavy amounts of labor they had to do in order to be promoted. My advice to management are to is to remain understanding of workers, and their attempts to further themselves in their life. Also to appreciate how some people handle different scenarios in their own way. This company runs fine and thats because it really has a simple objective that isnt complex for anyone involved.

Showing 2,901 of 2,996 reviews