FedEx Employee Reviews about "good pay"
67% would recommend to a friend
(1632 total reviews)
67% approve of CEO
Found 1,632 of over 11K reviews
Updated Nov 30, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What people are saying about FedEx
a year ago
Got a burning question about FedEx? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with FedEx employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Good benefits and they do seem to honestly care about you and how you feel and work." (in 956 reviews)
- "Pay is good during peak times but they lower it as you move back to regular volume" (in 732 reviews)
- "There are some and always have been some great people that work at this company." (in 408 reviews)
- "good and work life balance" (in 279 reviews)
- "Culture was great and unique" (in 187 reviews)
- "Poor management and they lie if it’s seasonal or permanent" (in 363 reviews)
- "Long hours and weekends sometimes" (in 267 reviews)
- "All bad managers and policy" (in 195 reviews)
- "Only issue is that salary is low for current employees and will never be able to catchup with new hires." (in 122 reviews)
- "upper management has absolutely no clue what FedEx Office team members go through and accomplish daily." (in 73 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of FedEx and is not affected by filters.
Reviews about "good pay"Return to all Reviews
- 1.0May 29, 2022Part Time Package HandlerCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearGrove City, OH
Benefits are good but only after some time with the company. The pay is only high because they don't have hours to give despite being fulltime.
False advertisement about the job, and false information given within job offer. I missed out on another awesome and legitimate job opportunity because fedex straight lied to me about the hours I would be working as a package handler. I am not working anywhere near the hours I was offered when I took the job and decided against taking another one with the same pay and benefits but actually has hours to give.
- 3.0May 3, 2022Package HandlerFormer Employee, less than 1 yearPittsburgh, PA
Pay is good during peak times but they lower it as you move back to regular volume
Management constantly pushing volume no matter how low staffed you are. Don’t even have time to use the bathroom in a 6 hour shift
- 2.0Aug 2, 2021Package HandlerFormer Employee, less than 1 yearForest Park, GA
Decent pay and 3 dollars extra per hour on weekends and an extra dollar for twilight shift. Holiday pay and overtime pay
Management absolutely sucks. All they do is stand over you and yell. always understaffed with truck switchers and backs up the packages to where it is no longer safe. Get criticism for getting a drink or going to the bathroom.
- 2.0Apr 26, 2021DriverFormer Employee, more than 1 yearMadison, WI
steady job ok pay could be better considering the amount of stress your employees are under.
its physically exhausting and management will make you feel like your still not doing enough. Very little room for advancement. There were employees there who worked 40+ years with very little compensation for their time there. If you are someone who likes to spend time with family during the holidays this is not the job for you, you will be working for those days.1
- 4.0Mar 23, 2022Package HandlerFormer Employee, less than 1 yearFort Myers, FL
FedEx hires all backgrounds and races. If you are looking to start your first job, Fed Ex will hire you, given that you meet the physical qualifications for the job. Work-life balance at FedEx Ground is good if you are an early riser. Expect to be going to bed by 7pm the latest, as you will be waking up at 2am to be there from 3am working till 8am. Bring a large bottle of water with you, as you will be working hard the entire time. Pay and benefits for FedEx Ground (and privately owned) is probably the worst out of all the Fed Ex companies. If you are looking for pay and benefits, do not apply at a privately owned Fed Ex site. Also, apply for a Driver position instead. In terms of job security at FedEx Ground, ‘package handler’ is an essential job. It’s also your foot in the door as to how shipping companies work. If you can handle your schedule changing constantly, your job is secure.
Turnover rate is high. Burnout rate is high. Multiple call-offs per day. No PTO. Medical benefits are only for those in it for the long haul. I worked during the pandemic and did not receive Covid pay. However, I was only there for a few months. If trucks are late, or if routes change, expect your shift to end around noon. Oh, and you will not receive overtime. While FedEx has diversity, not all can assist you in lifting heavy packages. Expect to pick up packages as heavy as 100 lbs by yourself sometimes. Calling out is considered by management as a no/call no/show. Provide a dr note to manager if you need to call out.
- 1.0Aug 6, 2021Driver/CourierFormer EmployeeMercerville, NJ
Decent pay that is all but not worth staying around.................. Run the other way!! I must write 15 word minimum for pros. But that's impossible
They lie and have you be a warehouse package handler. You don't go anywhere near a truck unless you're loading it .. I never would have applied if they had been honest With the job title. I went there to drive for work not be in the warehouse. Super hot in there .You could drop dead in the back of a truck and they would take a while to notice it. Inhumane conditions1
- 3.0Jun 27, 2015Contract DriverCurrent Contractor, more than 1 yearCincinnati, OH
Steady work in which you can count on always having with no lay offs and a steady amount on your pay check each week.
Absolutely zero benefits. No health care or dental. No paid time off or sick leave, no vacation, no matter how long you have been working there. Since it is a contract position, you will not get a raise unless the company re-negotiates everyone's contracts. SUPER LONG HOURS during peak season for the same pay.
- 4.0Mar 20, 2021Material HandlerFormer Employee
Great if you have the energy to keep up with the fast-paced environment. Good workout & Sunday premium pay as well as picking when you'd want to work more hours
If you dislike strenuous labor this job is defiantly not for you
- 3.0Jul 25, 2019Part Time Package HandlerCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearOlive Branch, MS
The pay is great for someone like a student or those still living with parents. The management is decent enough to handle any issues you may encounter. The work can and will make you physically and mentally stronger. The benefits are much better than most part-time positions available.
The work is very intense and can be headache inducing. The heat may deter you if you do not thrive in working in it. It can feel like you might be working harder than most people who been there longer. If you are a diligent worker the management will move you around very frequently which can become very exhausting and demanding.1