Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas Reviews | Glassdoor

4.1
Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas President Robert Steven Kaplan
Robert Steven Kaplan

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Relaxed environment with a good work-life balance and even a cafeteria" (in 17 reviews)

• "Great Benefits, work life, holidays, vacation" (in 17 reviews)

Cons
  • "Sometimes deadlines outside our control (legislated/mandated) can impact work life balance" (in 6 reviews)

• "Just be prepared to deal with quite a bit of bureaucracy and red tape to get work done" (in 7 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Strong leadership team, good pay and benefits, excellent work/life balance, strong commitment to volunteerism and community.

Cons

Sometimes deadlines outside our control (legislated/mandated) can impact work life balance. When this occurs, senior leadership usually provides support.

Advice to Management

Continue to provide the great training and educational opportunities offered to employees.

2. "2018 Internship"

Former Employee - Intern - Hourly in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Intern - Hourly in Dallas, TX

I worked at Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Open culture that encouraged professional growth
    - Opportunity to meet employees at all levels of the Bank (including the President!)
    - Helped interns learn more about the System

I completely underestimated how beneficial this internship would turn out to be. I expected to be a coffee-running intern, and ended up contributing to some major projects! Everyone has been extremely supportive and open to helping me figure out what I want my career to look like in the future.

Cons

Since the Fed is a non-profit organization, it was hard to have Bank sponsored intern events that mirrored those of some for-profit companies, which made it more difficult for the interns to really get to know each other.

Advice to Management

Continue to encourage and support the interns!

"Payroll Specialist"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I worked at Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Benefits, people, ability to work from home,

Cons

worked with very negative person

Advice to Management

recognize bullying that goes on.

"A good place to work, but very political."

I worked at Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Benefits are unsurpassed. Depending on what department you work for, you have the potential to receive numerous incentive bonuses as well.

Salary ranges are fair, but could use a little work. Some roles do not match the actual work performed.

Cons

Department communication needs quite a bit of work (from Executive level down). Poor or lack of communication between groups tends to cause extra workload.

Depending on your department, work / life balance can be a struggle.

Very political environment. If you like this type of thing, then this is the place for you. Just be prepared to deal with quite a bit of bureaucracy and red tape to get work done.

The number of continuous background (criminal and financial) checks can be stressful.

Advice to Management

Don't let employees "Retire in Place". This will cause you more harm in the long run as other employees will get frustrated and start looking outside of the FED for opportunities.

Be honest with your employees. Many members of management tend to keep things close to the vest and refuse to include or engage the employees that are the subject matter experts. Management does not know everything.

"Talent Acquisition Process"

I have been working at Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas full-time

Pros

The recruiter was phenomenal. She made me understand the company and what the role was about without holding back on the do's and don'ts. As the face of the company, the opinions people grade about a company begins with recruiting and I think the recruiter represents the company well.

Cons

So far so good. Nothing negative yet to write about.

Advice to Management

Nothing at the moment

"A Healthy Environment, More Flex Please!"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant

I have been working at Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

As many have said, the benefits are hands down the best. I feel appreciated and valued, and I appreciate their efforts on improving diversity, inclusion and encouraging open feedback to management. I wish more people can see how rare and special it is to be in this type of culture as most corporations really don't give a darn if you feel included or not!

My training opportunities are limitless, and I feel supported to grow and learn. I feel like management really cares about my career growth and will help me get to where I want to be. I've been here less than 6 months and have attended a conference and gained a couple of certifications from training already!

Cons

Biggest downside is flexibility. I know what flexibility is, and the Bank is FAR behind in flex schedule. Also, I don't like it when management makes you feel guilty for working from home, going to an appointment, coming in late ONE TIME because your tire went flat, ect.

There also is a population of those who complain about everything. From not having snacks to having the wrong color of a Christmas tree. Seriously? The "problems" here can be very trivial.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work in being engaged with us. Consider the benefits and increase in productivity if you are truely flexible - aka - get rid of the guilt trip that some of your management imposes!

"Stable jobs, lots of resources, too many misaligned incentives"

I have been working at Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

You have plenty of resources at your disposal. You work for a well-know, well-respected institution. Pay is pretty good. The work you do can be rewarding. You can end up in a great department with smart, competent managers.

Cons

Incredible amounts of red tape. Too often there are few opportunities for growth, unless you're 'in' with the right kinds of people. People up top have little incentive to hold the people under them accountable, so you can end up in a department with an incompetent manager, or one who just doesn't care, with little opportunity for advancement.

Advice to Management

Some departments need a complete overhaul. You're at risk of losing all your employees with fresh perspectives and good work ethic, because people above them 'retire in place,' or have never been held accountable for their laziness.

8. "Great place to work"

Former Employee - Intern - Hourly
    Former Employee - Intern - Hourly

I worked at Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas part-time

Pros

Great culture, subsidized company breakfast and lunch, lots of learning opportunities, amazing location in Downtown Dallas near the Arts District.

Cons

Very large building to walk around.

9. "Overall"

Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Dallas, TX

Pros

Great opportunities to learn and develop

Cons

Some seasons are fast-paced, others are little slower. Not bad, just something to take note of.

10. "Benefits are amazing"

I have been working at Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas full-time

Pros

work life balance is great

Cons

change sometimes takes a while

Advice to Management

continue to be open minded