Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis Reviews

Updated May 31, 2020

3.5
Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis President & CEO       James Bullard (no image)
James Bullard
Pros
Cons
  • "If you are unfortunate enough to get parking in Mansion House, be prepared to deal with your car getting broken into,(in 3 reviews)

• "Downtown Location and Parking are not ideal(in 3 reviews)

1. "Great place to work!"

Former Employee - Coordinator

I worked at Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great mission, people and work environment.

Cons

I can’t think of any.

"If you like to sleep on the job and get paid on time.."

1.0
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good work- life balance. Provides good training and get a descent time off depending on your grade level. Good benefit package and competitive salaries. Work is easy to follow and doesn't take a lot of effort to be 'average'

Cons

The IT leadership in Treasury is below par in recent times. New leadership thinks they can be 'agile' and run a complex system like a start up. Absolutely no regard to Quality. Ever since they moved to agile, all they care about is how fast you can release to agencies. Give them a few more years and you will learn more about it as a case study of bad management in HBR. This will be a big blow to US tax payer money. Promotion opportunities only given to people who drink their "kool aid". If you challenge the leadership, you will forever have a target on your forehead. Leadership will only promote "yes men" type of personalities. It is weird to see that this organization communicates the importance of diversity but senior leadership in IT are all of the same race. Anyone with sense can sniff this BS. Really obsolete technologies used to support IT functions. Leadership failed to convince customers on the benefit of cloud computing and has struggled to deploy an app in this space.

Continue reading

3. "Great place for later on in your career, not a great place to start"

Former Employee - Senior Analyst in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Excellent medical, retirement benefits - Work-life balance is very achievable - Good, affordable cafeteria - People are on average very friendly

Cons

- Although benefits are great, pay is pretty low compared to similar industry jobs - Very palpable difference in how contractors are treated - Progress in the technological/data space is colossally slow, bogged down in bureaucracy - Unqualified managers in the technical space who've had zero real experience in the field they are managing workers and projects in - Parking in Mansion House is sketchy (the spare tire got stolen from the back of my car one day) - One particular Bank Officer was not at all subtle about reading my Skype conversations with coworkers, perhaps in an attempt to instill fear or push me out because I wasn't chugging the FRB Kool-Aid

"I would not recommend"

2.0
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Benefits are great. Work Life Balance is good.

Cons

Hard to explain. The highest ranking managers/ executives grew up here and work in the box of knowledge they had when they started decades ago. To anyone from the outside joining this place is like being taken back in time. Cliques are ridiculous...you are adults...too old for that. Most managers would not make it in the real world. They may be top notch here, but top notch at this place is mediocre at best in other successful companies. If you just want to draw a check and fall in line this is the place for you.

5. "Great place to grow"

Former Employee - Research Associate

I worked at Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis full-time

Pros

Good benefits, amazing coworkers, support for continued education

Cons

Not remote friendly in research but do offer flexible scheduling somewhat

6. "Wonderful"

Former Employee - Intern

I worked at Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis full-time for less than a year

Pros

Staff and educational opportunities

Cons

None it was a great time

"HR Department is the worst"

1.0
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

good benefits, awesome play to work.

Cons

To even get through to the hiring managers is a joke. I work with the HR department on hiring and they are all a bunch of incompetent retards. Ive had friends apply and they won't even get a call back. If you don't know what to do in life you should work in HR at the FRB.

8. "Good Place To Work"

4.0
    Former Employee - Info Tech

I worked at Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Benefits, Onsite Cafeteria, Building, People.

Cons

Downtown Location and Parking are not ideal.

9. "Intern"

Current Employee - Intern

I have been working at Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis full-time

Pros

Opportunity to network and grow

Cons

Hard to be hired full-time

10. "Traveling Examiner"

Former Employee - Senior IT Examiner in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great benefits: medical, dental, vision, accident, and life insurance; retirement; thrift plan matching up to 6%; bonus based on "nights out."

Cons

Like everyone else, they are "tightening the belt" and there is a lot of pressure to help reduce traveling expenses.

Found 88 reviews