Federated Payment Systems Account Executive Reviews | Glassdoor

Jon Levitt

"Terrible work experience."

Former Employee - Account Executive in Bridgeport, CT
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Bridgeport, CT

Pros

No Pros, just losers that should be exposed by the truth.

Cons

The management are all cons. Preset appointments sent me on fruitless sales calls to people that didn't exist. Management were worse than used car salesman.

Advice to Management

Get a job and a stop abusing customers and employees.

"Stay Away. This company doesn't care about it's contractors, Also known as US Bank Card Center."

Former Contractor - Regional Account Executive in Allentown, PA
    Former Contractor - Regional Account Executive in Allentown, PA

I worked at Federated Payment Systems as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Two day online training class
    Company provided leads
    Weekly phone meetings

Cons

My assigned managers were rude and obnoxious, he kept telling me if you don't like it, quit.
    Company won't back you up when a client threatens to sue over the false terms in there contract.
    There merchant agreement contract is 6 pages, last 3 are terms and agreements written in such tiny print, no one can read them. I was told not to show clients the last 3 pages..
    Your assigned leads are worthless, they will send you all over the state for nothing to businesses that don't exist or are going out of business.

Advice to Management

It's a real shame the way they treated me, I never complained and did exactly as told, in the end, I spent more money on gas and food than earnings. Don't waste your time working for this merchant company, there an absolute disaster.

3. "Run as fast as you can away"

Former Contractor - Accounts Executive in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Former Contractor - Accounts Executive in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at Federated Payment Systems as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

none that I can think of

Cons

Scary, promises that don't exist, clients that aren't confirmed, deals that go sour, angry customers that feel you pulled the wool over their eyes.

"Bottom line.... you are only as good as the in-house telemarketers"

Current Employee - Account Executive
    Current Employee - Account Executive

Pros

Pre-set Sales Appointments, aggressive leasing commissions, access to decision makers to negotiate deals. Daily direct deposit pay.

Cons

Appointments were sometimes inconsistent. This is a cold call and appointment setting operation, so naturally you have to go into it expecting that 20-50% of the appointments you will get will result in A) No shows B) Aggressive telemarketers who don't qualify the prospect, resulting in an appointment with a business owner who is not interested C) Not the decision maker.

Non-transparent reporting of merchant volumes and residual commissions. Read the fine print of the contract.

Advice to Management

Work on telemarketer skill development, retention and quality control. Internal agent support could use some attitude improvement, and the ratio of RMs to AEs is much too much for them to handle. Lastly, A LOT of time could be saved if only you invested in a web-based fax system.