Federated Payment Systems Telemarketer Reviews | Glassdoor

Federated Payment Systems CEO Jon Levitt
Jon Levitt
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Opportunity filled with rejections."

Current Employee - Telemarketer in Melville, NY

I have been working at Federated Payment Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Managers close your leads. You have sick days.

Cons

Loads of rejection. High layover rate.

Advice to Management

More training.

2. "This place is a joke"

Current Employee - Telemarketer in Melville, NY

I have been working at Federated Payment Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You get paid $15 a hr that's about it. The cafe down stairs "Deluxe Cafe" has good food and the people that work there are always nice and pleasant.

Cons

The data is horrible. When you dispose the calls it doesn't work properly. You dispose a company "not interested" or "do not dail" and it still comes back up the next day. You call the same people everyday no new data.

"hell every day but i was a good talker"

Former Employee - Telemarketer in Dickson City, PA
    Former Employee - Telemarketer in Dickson City, PA

I worked at Federated Payment Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

good pay, good co workers that were willing to help new people.

Cons

you get cursed out basically all day everyday. and if you dont make your quota the company just tosses you away.they expect you to learn a 20 page script in two to three days word for word. if you stray from the script they discipline you even if your way works and gets the client to agree.

Advice to Management

They need do more in orientation than throw a script on the table and say "learn it". they expect you to learn a 20 page script in two to three days word for word. if you stray from the script they discipline you even if your way works and gets the client to agree.

"I work 33 hours and make full time pay with benefits!!"

Current Employee - NY Telemarketing

Pros

Show up, work hard, and you'll reap the benefits of company with an entrepreneurial pay scale. For working only 33 hours a week I make great income. I sit next to some people that have been here for years that make even more than me. I graduated college with a degree completely unrelated and no opportunities available to me. I took this job because I was pressured to work and over a year later, I'm still here and have been promoted once. This is a good, stable company. Thanks guys, I appreciate the recognition and the opportunity.

Cons

As a call center agent, I handle a large volume of calls. There's very little downtime, so you always have to be on your game. The job is performance based therefore the expectation is to produce daily.

Advice to Management

The addition of some newer, larger screen computers would be helpful. There should be better control over the temperature in the office.

5. "GREAT COMPANY! I discovered internal skills i never knew i had that makes me successful."

Current Employee - NY Telemarketing

Pros

Federated Payments showed me how important good leadership really is. They provided me with all of the tools i need to be successful both in my work life. The management team here at Federated always helps no matter what the problem is. A great thing about Federated is that management team never puts me down for not understanding certain things and they patiently work with me to handle all tasks at hand. What I love most about Federated is that each call is a fresh start and a new opportunity to perform.

Cons

The only real con to working for Federated Payments is really the pressure I put on myself. All day long they connect me to business owners and that mean money in my pocket and when i cant close one i get very hard on myself.