Federation of State Medical Boards Reviews | Glassdoor

4.2
Humayun J. Chaudhry, DO, MS, MACP, FACOI

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. Featured Review

"FSMB is a great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Euless, TX

I have been working at Federation of State Medical Boards full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I greatly appreciate being surrounded by the positive environment that FSMB exudes. My coworkers are hardworking and amicable, which helps create a productive and fun environment in which to work. Our management is truly wonderful and down-to-earth. Any concerns or disputes are addressed calmly and quickly. The benefits are great as well! We all enjoy the little surprises that the company produces to reward the employees.

Cons

The only con I can think of is the lack of opportunity for career growth within some departments. However, personal growth and skill development are constant.

Advice to Management

Honestly, keep up the good work!

Nov 8, 2016 – Recruiter

Thank you for your feedback!

2. "Hope to make it a career here!"

Current Employee - CSR2 in Euless, TX
    Current Employee - CSR2 in Euless, TX

Pros

Great leadership, great training, you feel appreciated for your work, and coaching and development is very positive which makes you want to keep improving your skills

Cons

Sometimes hard to keep up with so much information, especially with frequent process changes, but it still challenges you to be better than you thought you could be.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work, positive energy, and training and development opportunity

3. "Great Environment"

Current Employee - Credentialist II in Euless, TX

I have been working at Federation of State Medical Boards full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Close to home, good hours, kind supervisor, great management, fun atmosphere

Cons

none that I can think of

Advice to Management

Thank you for making work fun and thank you for all the training classes and opportunities to learn and grow

4. "Sensational Place to Work"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Euless, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Euless, TX

Pros

Great Atmosphere & Great Place to Grow!

Cons

I have no current Cons on the business.

Advice to Management

None

Aug 28, 2017 – Recruiter

Thank you for your feedback!

5. "Best company I have ever worked for"

Current Employee - Credentialist II in Euless, TX

I have been working at Federation of State Medical Boards full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work hard and play hard. Every day is something new. Great benefits with 401k and profit sharing. Insurance is cheap for employee only. FSMB does a lot of really fun things for employees - like on Monday for the solar eclipse, FSMB bought all employees solar eclipse viewing glasses, we had a party with snacks like sun chips, eclipse gum, moon pies, pop rocks, Sunny-D, and Capri Sun juice. And FSMB gives me a birthday treat and balloons every year on my birthday.
     This is the best company I have ever worked for in my life.

Cons

Insurance for employee + family is really expensive, but it was like that at the last place I worked, too.

Advice to Management

Thank you for all the training classes and leadership opportunities you provide.

Aug 24, 2017 – Recruiter

Thank you for your feedback! Your story about the eclipse party is a great example of the work environment here at FSMB... FSMB is truly a great place to be. Also, we will continue to do our... More

6. "Good career start... not a life time company..."

Former Employee - Customer Service in Euless, TX
    Former Employee - Customer Service in Euless, TX

I worked at Federation of State Medical Boards full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A good Resume builder.
    Benefits are decent.
    Paid unused sick time upon leaving the company

Cons

Poorly managed
    Not employee friendly
    Process always changing

Advice to Management

Hire more qualified leaders and don't keep them in meetings all the time. Stick with a system long enough to allow it to work and then improve on it as needed instead of starting over. Give trust and respect to valued employees and not punish the entire staff for things a few are doing. Handle the problems at the source.

Sep 8, 2017 – Recruiter

Thank you for your feedback. Can you call or email me to discuss your experience? We truly value all employees at FSMB, and I would love to chat.

7. "Horrible after everybody in my Department started quitting."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Euless, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Euless, TX

I worked at Federation of State Medical Boards full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Supervisor was lenient with missed days. Had fun events throughout the year, where office services was actually able to socialize with other departments.

Cons

Worked there a year & a half NO BENEFITS. Had the worst Supervisor ever in Office services. You never knew what to expect when she walked in each day. Very unprofessional, yells at her employees as if they are kids. Not easy to talk to. Shows no sympathy for anyone. Treats temps like stepkids, and she WILL lie to keep herself from getting in trouble with her boss.

Advice to Management

Need to look into why the temps wont stay long.

Sep 8, 2017 – Recruiter

Thank you so much for your feedback! We are looking into the concerns you raised, and I appreciate your candor. I would love to discuss this with you – please call or email me so we can talk at... More

8. "Unfair"

Former Employee - Credentialing Specialist in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Credentialing Specialist in Dallas, TX

I worked at Federation of State Medical Boards full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Most people are great. Nice office environment. Close to my home.

Cons

Some of the managers are only worried about you making quotas - not you as an employee or person.

Advice to Management

Not everyone fits into a round hole. Turnover will never improve if the company doesn't accept that.

Aug 8, 2017 – Recruiter

Thank you for your feedback. Our average tenure for an employee is 7 years, which is why turnover is actually extremely low. I would like to speak with you about your experience. Feel free to call or... More

9. "Pretty Sweet Gig"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Euless, TX

I have been working at Federation of State Medical Boards full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people here are awesome! Most everyone here is very caring and helpful. There are a few bad apples, but that is anywhere you go. The benefits here are pretty nice - 5% match on 401(k) and 10% profit sharing. Also, every employee starts out with 18 days of PTO and they have a Tuition Reimbursement program. Management is very down to earth. The CEO tries hard to be involved and even has monthly birthday breakfast meetings with employees. The building has recently been remodeled and is very nice with multiple small rooms added to give employees space to take phone calls in private.

Cons

Medical benefits for Employee+Spouse/Children/Family are VERY expensive - I don't see how anyone could afford. The departments are pretty silo'd - I don't think they have any idea what each other is doing. Certain departments are great about doing things for employees while others do NOTHING. Also, I think more consistent/frequent communication from management on the strategic vision of the company would be nice. Sadly, there is not much room for career advancement - this appears to be largely due to the fact that people don't leave so there are very few job openings other than entry level positions.

Advice to Management

Communicate more with employees on company's vision, as well as updates.

Apr 26, 2017 – Recruiter

Thank you very much for your comments and advice. We review medical insurance rates each year and are moving forward with the most cost effective rates in our area. We also understand the... More

10. "Anonymous"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Euless, TX

Pros

Great work/life balance. Great benefits - 10% profit sharing, 5% match on 401k, 18 days off + 11 paid holidays, plus fun atmosphere.... it's a family

Cons

Lower salary because nonprofit, but it's a good trade off. I would rather work 40 hrs/wk, get to spend time with my family, and receive so much in retirement for free.

Advice to Management

? Continue pouring into employees.