Federation of State Medical Boards Reviews | Glassdoor

4.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Humayun J. Chaudhry, DO, MS, MACP, FACOI

1. Featured Review

"FSMB is a great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Euless, TX

I have been working at Federation of State Medical Boards full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I greatly appreciate being surrounded by the positive environment that FSMB exudes. My coworkers are hardworking and amicable, which helps create a productive and fun environment in which to work. Our management is truly wonderful and down-to-earth. Any concerns or disputes are addressed calmly and quickly. The benefits are great as well! We all enjoy the little surprises that the company produces to reward the employees.

Cons

The only con I can think of is the lack of opportunity for career growth within some departments. However, personal growth and skill development are constant.

Advice to Management

Honestly, keep up the good work!

Nov 8, 2016 – Recruiter

Thank you for your feedback!

2. "Manager"

Current Employee - Manager in Euless, TX
    Current Employee - Manager in Euless, TX

I have been working at Federation of State Medical Boards (More than 10 years)

Pros

Benefits, 401K, Employer Matching, Profit Sharing

Cons

No covered parking, Not in close proximity to restaurants.

3. "Anonymous"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Euless, TX

Pros

Great work/life balance. Great benefits - 10% profit sharing, 5% match on 401k, 18 days off + 11 paid holidays, plus fun atmosphere.... it's a family

Cons

Lower salary because nonprofit, but it's a good trade off. I would rather work 40 hrs/wk, get to spend time with my family, and receive so much in retirement for free.

Advice to Management

? Continue pouring into employees.

5. "Credentialist II"

I have been working at Federation of State Medical Boards full-time

Pros

Fast-paced, detail-oriented work, extremely rewarding. Progressive HR policy, and the staff adhere to it. Welcoming, professional environment. Fully celebrating holidays keeps things fresh and new (and festive).

Cons

I honest-to-goodness do not have a single con to working here. I've not yet transitioned to the new software, so it's possible (but doubtful) there may be a drawback then. Supervisors and Seniors are patient and thorough in training, and never seem put-out by asking questions.

Advice to Management

My only advice would be to keep up the good work! The 7-Habits course is definitely an added bonus to the job; the investment on the part of the company (books, man-hours, and an instructor) is fully appreciated.

6. "FSMB, great place to be!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Euless, TX

Pros

Great benefits, fun atmosphere, appreciative culture - the organization truly values employees. This is evident in the gifts given to vets on Veterans Day, in the birthday balloons given to every employee on their birthday (plus the birthday breakfast!), in the employee appreciation luncheons, in the wonderful Kona Ice snow cones, and in the "thank yous" and "well dones". Good work/life balance.

Cons

Lack of non cross-functionality of people/departments.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. I love working here

Dec 2, 2016 – Recruiter

Wonderful! Thank you for the kind words and for info about cross-functionality!

7. "Cheap on Spending"

I have been working at Federation of State Medical Boards full-time

Pros

no pressure env. Good Benefits. Observe Federal holidays.

Cons

Cheap spending on Information technology, they spend on lesser dollar amount. Never the higher end.
    Very slow to implement projects.
    Medical coverage for family is very expensive.

Nov 4, 2016 – Recruiter

We completely understand. We found that other employees felt similarly. In turn, we are reviewing our medical coverage and are looking at the best possible rates for 2017.

8. "FSMB - love/hate relationship"

Former Employee - Physician Services Analyst in Euless, TX
    Former Employee - Physician Services Analyst in Euless, TX

I worked at Federation of State Medical Boards full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The work that FSMB does does honorable work. They have a great benefits package. Have the opportunity to grow if wanted.

Cons

Personally after reading some of the other reviews, I am disappointed in the people that put others down. The only reason why I left FSMB was because of management. Yes I understand that management grow close, however when you no longer can trust in their ability to make positive change that is the root problem.

Advice to Management

Look deep into your management team. Learn what is truly making the environment toxic. Show the staff you care.

Jun 29, 2016 – Recruiter

Thank you for your feedback! We are taking your advice to heart and are diving deeper into your concerns. We appreciate you!

"Assistant"

Pros

I have worked for the Federation for 8 years. I have worked for a lot of companies in my working career, and have never found one that genuinely cares for their employees and their families. FSMB is a great organization to work for. Management is fair and consistent with all employees; I have found that to be true in both departments I have worked in. They have lots of fun activities to participate in throughout the year to keep the morale boosted. FSMB has great benefits (medical, dental, vision, vacation, sick time, and an outstanding 401k plan).

Cons

There are pros and cons on all jobs. Pick your battles, the pros outweigh the cons at the FSMB and that is what makes it an amazing place to work.

Advice to Management

Outstanding job, keep up the good work! You are an awesome team!

"Great Place to Work!!!"

Pros

Great people and work life balance. Wonderful 401k. Company does a lot of employee events that makes employees feel part of the organization.

Cons

Small organization. Sometimes does not have a lot of advancement opportunities.

11. "A Hidden Gem!"

Pros

401K; low-cost health insurance for employee, low-cost or free other benefits (life, disability, healthy living, etc.); pleasantly tucked away in a suburban (quiet) setting; easy commute; flexible hours/schedules; most co-workers are positive, upbeat and professional, which makes the workday something to look forward to; direct supervisor is amazing, constantly giving us positive feedback, support and recognition; demanding work but stimulating; they even have Kona Ice and outdoor grilled fajita days on site - love it!

Cons

The poor reviews you read here are probably from the same type of people who gossip and spread negativity in the workplace, who weren't able to keep up with their jobs and who probably were let go due to poor attitude/performance. If you are positive, skilled, and motivated, you'll be a great success here! If not, well, you probably have a short tenure ahead.

Advice to Management

The new changes this year have been great! So many innovations / some new management to lead us into the future, ahead of the curve. Keep rewarding good performance from your employees, and you'll keep recruiting the best, and the slackers won't be able to keep up and will go elsewhere, leaving a positive, rewarding workplace for all.