Feed My Starving Children Reviews | Glassdoor

Feed My Starving Children Reviews

Updated Oct 22, 2019

4.5
Feed My Starving Children CEO Mark Crea (no image)
Mark Crea
Pros
  • "Employees that work at FMSC really embody the values of the company and so many people are proud to be apart of this organization(in 13 reviews)

• "positive, healthy work environment which reflects the Christian principals that the org(in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • "Just because FMSC is Christ centered does not mean that it's not without it's obstacles(in 8 reviews)

• "Being a non-profit, pay is not going to make anyone rich(in 4 reviews)

1. "Fun, Fast Paced"

Current Employee - Mobile Pack in Eagan, MN

I have been working at Feed My Starving Children full-time for more than a year

Pros

I love working for an organization that has a great mission and vision. Employees that work at FMSC really embody the values of the company and so many people are proud to be apart of this organization. This job, specifically manufacturing and MobilePack are really fast paced. I've learned to think on the fly and gained really invaluable experiences through traveling and running events

Cons

The schedule in MobilePack is pretty crazy. Always on the go somewhere sometimes with little breaks. Its difficult to keep a regular schedule during the week when the job requires you to work events sometimes during the week, and sometimes on weekends.

Feed My Starving Children2019-09-06
  2. "Good Experience"

I have been working at Feed My Starving Children

Pros

Great people and rewarding mission

Cons

The executive team is paid over 1 million dollars per year. This seems excessive for the level of organization complexity and annual objectives.

Feed My Starving Children2019-10-23
  3. "Best Job I've Had"

Current Employee - Volunteer Program Supervisor in Coon Rapids, MN

I have been working at Feed My Starving Children full-time for more than a year

Pros

Frankly, the mission - feeding starving kids around the world is one of the biggest reasons I like working here, as it dovetails with my personal life mission very nicely. Others include: 1. Managers interested in your growth and development, who listen and help you stretch yourself while also not letting you take on too much. 2. Highly competitive benefits schedule, especially for full-time. 3. Shared passion... and compassion of the employees. The culture is very family-like, with everyone wiling to help one another as much as they can. Those are the top ones, though there are others.

Cons

Well, like many others said, if you're looking for a high-paying job, then you won't find it here. Because of the dedication to spending as much on feeding kids as possible, I don't consider this a con, per se, but my goals are admittedly different from others'. Another thing about it is that it IS fairly exhausting and physical in my job, which is again not a downside unless you have physical limitations that need... to be accommodated. Other positions have less intensive work, however.

Advice to Management

Make sure your staff know they can ask for help, that you value that. Also, try to find ways to more search out, quickly test, and incorporate staff innovations - some of these ideas are amazing and money-saving improvements, and they get shelved for upwards of 10 months if not longer without any attention being given to them.

Feed My Starving Children2019-08-07
  4. "Great Place to Work!!!"

Current Employee - Development in Aurora, IL

I have been working at Feed My Starving Children full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Mission driven, wonderful co-workers, great benefits, competitive pay for non-profit sector, growth potential.

Cons

Growing pains at times, slow with technology updates.

Feed My Starving Children2019-05-29

"Passionate staff"

Current Employee - Coon Rapids Professional in Coon Rapids, MN

I have been working at Feed My Starving Children full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

World changing work, Innovative ideas for actually solving hunger problem and building strength in local communities world wide

Cons

Individual expectation of change may not be in line with the direction the organization has chosen to go

Feed My Starving Children2019-05-22
  6. "Wonderful Organziation!"

I have been working at Feed My Starving Children full-time for less than a year

Pros

Working with a diverse group of people who are dedicated to feeding hungry kids, in body and spirit The organization is thoughtful and truly cares for its staff

Cons

Non-profit Pay (although I think it's quite competitive)

Advice to Management

Continue investing in staff. Always be looking for how to better serve your staff and be more competitive in all areas of employment.

Feed My Starving Children2019-03-22

"FMSC"

in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Feed My Starving Children for less than a year

Pros

great place to work. exciting

Cons

nothin i like it very much

Feed My Starving Children2018-12-28
  8. "VPF"

Current Employee - VPF

I have been working at Feed My Starving Children part-time

Pros

Love the scope of the work. Excellent part time benefits

Cons

The new management plan has many drawbacks. Too hierarchical with not much feedback taken from non supervisory staff.

Advice to Management

Remember how hard the part-time staff works.

Feed My Starving Children2018-11-04
  9. "Great organization"

I worked at Feed My Starving Children full-time

Pros

Great environment Flexible schedules Great mission

Cons

Pay Lack of advancement Cliches

Feed My Starving Children2018-05-10
  10. "A wonderful place to spend 8 hours a day!"

I have been working at Feed My Starving Children full-time for more than a year

Pros

Dynamic co-workers, excellent benefits, a great organization with a heartfelt mission of feeding the world's starving children.

Cons

There could be better communication across departments.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing - making prayerful decisions in the best interest of the organization and the employees.

Feed My Starving Children2018-04-02