Feed My Starving Children "volunteers" Reviews | Glassdoor

Feed My Starving Children Employee Reviews about "volunteers"

Updated Dec 27, 2019

4.5
Feed My Starving Children CEO & Executive Director Mark Crea (no image)
Mark Crea
Pros
  • "FMSC was an awesome organization(in 15 reviews)

• "positive, healthy work environment which reflects the Christian principals that the org(in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • "Just because FMSC is Christ centered does not mean that it's not without it's obstacles(in 7 reviews)

• "The hours aren't great, and of course it's a non-profit, so the pay isn't amazing(in 5 reviews)

Reviews about "volunteers"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Wonderful organization with a great cause"

Current Employee - Volunteer Program Facilitator in Aurora, IL

I have been working at Feed My Starving Children part-time for more than a year

Pros

The intrinsic value of knowing that every single day you get to help feed children is unmatched. This is a physical job (this might be a con for you, but it keeps me in shape which I love). Absolutely amazing coworkers, I’ve never worked somewhere in which I genuinely enjoy everyone I work with. A strong Christian community. The CEO comes in to meet and talk with all of the new hires.

Cons

It’s hard work, we have high expectations and you are juggling a lot of different balls. It can be socially exhausting with constantly being around volunteers. The volunteer workforce is unpredictable.

Feed My Starving Children2019-12-27

"Great Organization with Room to Grow"

Current Employee - Volnter Program Faclitator

I have been working at Feed My Starving Children full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

-Fantastic mission, it doesn't get any better. -The job can be incredibly fulfilling and fun -Great foundation of faith for the organization -Decent benefits for a non profit -FMSC is a growing and stable organization

Cons

Cons About the Job -Lots of weeknight and weekend hours for staff working with volunteers, although its uncommon for staff to need to work overtime. -It can be very easy to burnout during the busy season, expect to be constantly exhausted during November and December. -Many new staff are surprised by the physically demanding nature of the job. -Volunteers are great, but can sometimes be the biggest source of frustration Cons about FMSC -Minnesota centered organization, which means there are limited opportunities outside of Minnesota and staff outside of Minnesota can often feel overlooked. -Management has room to grow in listening to employees. Asking for direct feedback and yearly surveys is great but building a culture of listening and acting on employee ideas would be better. -HR seems to have a surprising amount of control and influence over other departments. -During my time at FMSC, I have unfortunately seen a fair amount of drama and dysfunction between departments. I would love for this to improve.

Continue reading
    Feed My Starving Children2018-02-26

"Volunteer Program Facilitator"

Current Employee - Volunteer Program Facilitator in Coon Rapids, MN

I have been working at Feed My Starving Children part-time for more than a year

Pros

- positive, healthy work environment which reflects the Christian principals that the org. stands for. - obviously very meaningful work. - variety of work you get to do; public speaking, warehouse (physically picking things up, moving things, operating equipment), customer service, cleaning.

Cons

- pay (depending on where you are in life/what your needs are) - can be tough to interact with volunteers so much if you are an introvert. This is a large portion of daily tasks.

Feed My Starving Children2018-02-05
  4. "Volunteer Program Facilitators"

I have been working at Feed My Starving Children part-time

Pros

A great organization to work for filled with friendly and supportive people who believe in the mission. You get to work and make an impact in your local community through the volunteers as well as making an impact globally through the meals made. You will be presenting on the organization, working in the warehouse as well as motivating volunteers in the packing room. The compensation is good and they value the fact that you need time off sometimes. They are growing rapidly as well.

Cons

It can be repetitive work since the main idea is the same each day but there are always new volunteers and different sizes of groups. Also, there are slow seasons when there are not many volunteers coming in. They are working on being able to grow and develop within the company.

Feed My Starving Children2018-02-06

"Great Charity"

I have been working at Feed My Starving Children

Pros

Enthusiastic and friendly employees, rewarding work and simple responsibilities. For volunteers easily the best non-profit organization to get your hours done

Cons

Sometimes the volunteers are either jerks, idiots or completely lazy. But that's with any non-profit operation, and the employees do their best to keep everyone motivated

Continue reading
    Feed My Starving Children2017-07-24

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 5 reviews