Feeley & Driscoll, P.C. Reviews | Glassdoor

Thomas Feeley

1. "Great"

Former Employee - Intern in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Intern in Boston, MA

I worked at Feeley & Driscoll, P.C. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

friendly staff, good culture, lots of on-the-firm drinking

Cons

never enough work to do (during the summer)

Advice to Management

design a better internship program for summer

"Office Coordinatro"

Current Employee - Office Coordinator in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Office Coordinator in Boston, MA

I have been working at Feeley & Driscoll, P.C. (Less than a year)

Pros

Small Firm, very knowledgeable professional workers.

Cons

I have nothing be good things to say about the firm.

"Staff Auditor"

Former Employee - Auditor in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Auditor in Boston, MA

I worked at Feeley & Driscoll, P.C. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good pay, fun staff & a lot of food / activities. Decent place to start career.

Cons

Not enough work to go around, stiff atmosphere from management.

"If only I followed my initial gut feeling and said NO TO their offer....turns out my gut was SPOT ON!!"

I have been working at Feeley & Driscoll, P.C. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pros? What pros? I honestly don't have anything good to say about this place. I literally spend my days applying for jobs and will be leaving on the first thing smoking.

The only good thing about this place is perception really is everything. As long as you appear to be busy and keep a paper trail (CYA file in the event something comes up)...you will be okay. Most people are rude and only speak to you when they need something. The culture still feels like we are in 1972.

I'm basically counting down the days until I give official notice, while applying to better jobs. This place blows.

My salary is cool but the amount of bull you put up with doesn't add up.
    They like to tell people they pay above average. If that is true, why have I made higher salaries elsewhere?

What office stays open, even when the city declares a state of emergency? They don't care how you make it to work, just be there to make sure you get in those 8 billable hours. If you die en route, no biggie don't worry about that. Silly goose...(you think I'm joking? Sadly no, I'm not).

Best advice I can give to potential employees or applicants is, don't be fooled by the money they offer you. Just decline and count your lucky stars you dodged a lethal bullet. Trust me...and pay attention to the reviews on here. You've been warned, so run faaaaar, far away.

Cons

I wish there was a way to give NEGATIVE stars, because this company is the worst place I've ever worked for. I've never been inundated with so many antiquated policies, procedures, manuals, and people with the same mindset as they had 40= years ago when the company started.

The CEO thinks just because he has a twitter, YouTube account and/or some sort of social media buzz, he is up to date with today's professional standards. The way they do things is so outdated it's laughable.

I've been here only a year and have seem about 25-30 people jump ship. They have only let 2 of the people go. Most people give notice and chuck up the peace sign. That is just one of the MANY things @ F&D that make you scratch your head and go "Hmmmmm".

Advice to Management

What is the point of filling this in? It's not like they listen, pay attention and make adjustments when given valuable feedback from staff and/or former staff.

""Kiss your soul goodbye""

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I worked at Feeley & Driscoll, P.C. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Not much - Salary and raises.

Cons

Have not read a more accurate review than the one below. I worked at the company for two years and am relieved to have gotten away.

Advice to Management

Act like you care about your employees

"Kiss your soul goodbye."

Current Employee - Staff Auditor in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Staff Auditor in Boston, MA

I have been working at Feeley & Driscoll, P.C. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Salary...that's just about it...and still not worth it.

Cons

Literally, everything.

There are two things that matter here: high volume of billable hours and passing the CPA exam. You need both, no exceptions. Oh, except if you're hot and or a royal brown noser/over achiever. If you dress like a street walker, it's ok if it takes you 5 years to pass the exam. If you're a normal human being that works your tail off to meet the hours demanded of you and still don't have the exam done, you're going to get canned...the day after the end of busy season. "Hey thanks for suffering through the past 3 months and trying not to kill yourself - you still suck, get your crap and leave!"

The politics here are disgusting. There are so many subpar employees that make the cut year in and year out because they kiss the right asses and spend the longest hours in the office, regardless of work that's actually getting done. These same people are gossip mongers, talking garbage behind everyone else's back while smiling politely to your face, so you'll still agree to do work for them. But everyone knows what's been said.

There are several mid-level employees that are entirely incompetent will completely take advantage of younger staff. Give them an inch and they'll take a mile. If you offer to help on a task for 15 minutes, you're also going to get an email with an expansive list of another 50 things you can help with, as if you said you had time. There's always a TIGHT deadline on everything you do, then it's not reviewed for a month, kicked back to you to fix, and hey I'm so glad I made a point to get that done Saturday, when you weren't going to submit it until busy season was over anyway and no I'm not going to put another ounce of work into your crap because "the manager likes to see more" when I know very well that's not true, since I'm not entirely useless like you.

All in all, my advice to anyone looking to apply to F&D is: don't.

Advice to Management

Get your heads out of your...behinds. Stop taking advantage of your staff. Sometimes it's the little things that count.

"Sometimes the money is not worth it"

I have been working at Feeley & Driscoll, P.C. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Perks are okay. Free movie passes, raffles on Sport tickets if you are a kiss a** to the Executive admin, weekly fruit delivery.

Cons

Mirco-management is a huge turn off and is very unprofessional. This firm lacks professionalism among the employees. If you don't possess an Irish last name, don't worry, you will get hired but "chucked" out the door sooner or later :-). Very high retention rate. Extremely high.

"Enjoyable!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Pros

The staff members are all Wonderful

Cons

Micro Management!! It is not very professional

Advice to Management

To Senior Managers, Listen to the staff members.

"Diverse experience, challenging environment, great opportunity to advance"

Current Employee - Auditor in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Auditor in Boston, MA

Pros

F&D exposes staff to clients in multiple indistries, and allows team members to see all areas starting in year 1. This includes tax, audit, business planning and consulting. There is substantial opportunity to grow and responsibilities increase quickly in the first few years. The salaries are higher than competitors, company paid masters degree, review materials for CPA exam, and a mentoring program.

Cons

Just like any public accounting job, the winter months can be difficult, as the bulk of the work is completed from January through April. The firm does a good job managing people's time to be certain that they are not overloaded though.

Advice to Management

None - Continue to offer opportunity to grow and provide experience for employees in multiple indistries. Overall a great place to work.

"Great learning experience, great office environment"

Current Employee - Staff Accountant in Boston, MA

Pros

- People you work with, young firm good office environment, made a lot of friends.
    - Working in many indistries helps you learn a lot.
    - Partners know you, and put in the time to help you learn. You aren't just a number.
    - Pay is top among accounting firms. Benefits are good and the firm makes the effort to make sure employees enjoy life outside of work (firm socials after work, sporting events, early summer Fridays)
    - They pay for school!

Cons

- Like most accounting firms, there is a lot of hours during busy season.
    - Parking in city is expensive, especially when there is an event at the Garden.

Advice to Management

- Take more feedback from the employee's to help the firm understand what will help them grow within the Company.