Feeney Wireless Reviews | Glassdoor

Ethan Ralston

1. "Manager"

Former Employee - Construction Manager in Milwaukee, WI
    Former Employee - Construction Manager in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at Feeney Wireless full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great place to work for

Cons

slow on work or other jobs

2. "Company could be worse, could be better."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Eugene, OR
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Eugene, OR

I have been working at Feeney Wireless full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good People. Good Benefits. People help each other.

Cons

The company was acquired last year and the acquisition has been slow. Decisions take awhile and communication is poor. A lot of growing pains right now. The company is becoming more corporate. The culture is changing.

3. "part time associate"

Former Employee - Manufacturing Associate in Springfield, OR
    Former Employee - Manufacturing Associate in Springfield, OR

I worked at Feeney Wireless (Less than a year)

Pros

great people to work with

Cons

not enough job for me and slow hiring process. I wish that they have a good process that make employees more flexible. I waited for almost 4 most before I got a part time job.

Advice to Management

good management

"Electronics Assembler"

Former Employee - Electronics Assembler in Eugene, OR
    Former Employee - Electronics Assembler in Eugene, OR

I worked at Feeney Wireless (More than a year)

Pros

FW in general is (or has been) a great company as a full employee, with good benefits and generous vacation time. All the people are great to work with. It has a healthy dose of "fun" factor.

Note that it was purchased by Novatel Wireless in 2015 and its future is uncertain. The environment has been changing from a "close family" feel to a more corporate one. There are a lot of adjustments taking place; it's hard to know how things will eventually end up.

Cons

There is a bit of a caste system between production and the rest of the company. If you work in production, you will definitely feel looked down upon by the full-time employees and excluded from most company activities. You will also likely be a temporary employee hired through an agency. This will eliminate benefits and make scheduling unpredictable.

Communication within the company could use some improvement. Project status often changed from one hour to the next. To find the latest decision, you could ask 5 people and get 7 different answers.

"Feeney Wireless Electronic Assemblers"

Former Employee - Electronic Assembler in Eugene, OR
    Former Employee - Electronic Assembler in Eugene, OR

I worked at Feeney Wireless full-time

Pros

Overtime was required numerous occasions which helped with the lower wage. The permanent staff was friendly and were willing to demonstrate correct procedures.

Cons

Temporary workers were not given performance reviews, merit increases, or benefits of any kind. On occasion employees would have to work in an non-airconditioned warehouse

Advice to Management

I would not have the temporary employees attend the monthly all company employee meetings where they discuss benefits received by the permanent staff. The name/security badges that allow access to the building should allow temporary employees to access the building on Saturdays as we frequently had to work Saturdays and had to rely on permanent staff to let us into the building.

".???? Who knows what they are doing"

Current Employee - N/A in Eugene, OR
    Current Employee - N/A in Eugene, OR

I have been working at Feeney Wireless (More than a year)

Pros

Fun activities. Seems they care more about the people than the company surviving

Cons

Previous executive staff still in charge and doesn't understand how a real company should be run

"Great Team - Ever Changing Environment"

Current Employee - Operations in Eugene, OR
    Current Employee - Operations in Eugene, OR

I have been working at Feeney Wireless full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Feeney Wireless is full of great people to work with and the company has hired some really smart people. Everyone there seems truly dedicated to their work and team. The company makes some pretty interesting products and is focused on providing high quality solutions and customer service. There has also been a lot more focus on standardizing processes such as developing scrum agile methodologies with the dev teams including bringing on a certified scrum master.
    There are fun company events scheduled pretty routinely.

Cons

There has been some significant changes this year, most notably an acquisition at the beginning of the year. Some employees now feel uncertain about their role with the company. There have been no layoffs since the acquisition and hiring has actually really sped up! We are running out of space!

Advice to Management

We need more consistent communication directly from the Feeney Wireless leaders. Let the employees know about the wins and challenges. Give the employees more opportunity to help solve those challenges.

9. "Engineer"

Former Employee - Regional Engineer Regional Sales Engineer in Glen Allen, VA
    Former Employee - Regional Engineer Regional Sales Engineer in Glen Allen, VA

I worked at Feeney Wireless (More than a year)

Pros

Intelligent open-minded, creative talented people.

Cons

No customer follow up. No dedication to good employees.

Advice to Management

Employees are your company... Without them, you don't have a company.

"Good intentions"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Eugene, OR
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Eugene, OR

I worked at Feeney Wireless (More than a year)

Pros

This company has good intentions and wants to succeed.

Cons

Need more experienced managers. They are overly busy and have too many wheels spinning at the same time to be effective.

Advice to Management

Train the trainers - do more to help managers be successful.

"Supportive Environment with Plenty of Opportunity"

Current Employee - Sales in Eugene, OR
    Current Employee - Sales in Eugene, OR

I have been working at Feeney Wireless full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

* Work hard, play hard atmosphere; FW encourages and provides for ample opportunities to get to know your co-workers
    * Safe to try& "fail and then learn" environment
    * Diverse workforce - they hire the best person for the job...and tolerate zero discrimination
    * Supportive of mid-career changers, they recognize what you bring to the table, and give you opportunities to contribute while providing ample training
    *Your day goes by fast due to the energetic pace of the business, no two days are the same- you never get bored!
    *True team atmosphere
    * Great benefits
    * Opportunities to make your own luck - ideas are heard
    * Innovative, everyone is proud of what we do
    * Work is actually challenging and invigorating
    * Value work/life balance

Cons

* Change and growth are constant (you have to be TRULY flexible and ready for anything each and every day... this can be a con if you don't like change)
    * Too much food! There is always a snack brought in by someone every day... it's hard to eat light!

Advice to Management

We are growing so rapidly and technology is moving so fast - let's make sure to keep the training coming and remembering who we are at the core.

I love it here. I am still happy I made the change after 10 years at the same company prior. I look forward to work each and every day.