Fehr Foods Reviews | Glassdoor

1 Rating

"Terrible work environment!"

Former Employee - Production Supervisor in Abilene, TX
    Former Employee - Production Supervisor in Abilene, TX

I worked at Fehr Foods full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The CEO was always pleasant person to be around. Good cookies discounts.

Cons

Terrible work-life balance for salaried employees, lots of weekend duty and *after hours. *(Primarily due to the lack of equipment for supervisors to get the job done). For instance there was only one computer to input daily data (this computer was shared with three other SUPS whom required the same usage).

Advice to Management

Provide the tools necessary to facilitate a supervisor's need to conduct date analysis/implementation. Get rid of those "old heads" that are stuck in their old ways and treat their subordinates like scum. I witnessed too much verbal abuse from these 30 year supervisor/managers...Get rid of these guys and hire trained personnel managers.

"I would not recommend a job with them."

Former Employee - Line Supervisor in Abilene, TX
    Former Employee - Line Supervisor in Abilene, TX

I worked at Fehr Foods full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The cookies are discounted for employee purchase

Cons

Upper supervision only cares about the bottom line and doesn't care about the people it takes to get the job done. Line supervisors are expected to pick all the slack because they are not allowed to train the other employees how to do some of the computer work. Line workers are looked down on and by supervision.

"Upper management takes advantage of employees (salary and hourly)"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Abilene, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Abilene, TX

I have been working at Fehr Foods full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The only pro I can think of is discounted cookies.

Cons

Plant manager micromanages all aspects of the company. Department heads have to pre-approve everything before a change can be made. This has bread an atmosphere of "why should I try to improve it". The job posting said "occasional weekends" but I've worked every weekend since I got hired. Plant manager is extremely tight with the finances and won't make improvements to help modernize the plant. He doesn't listen to his department heads on ways to improve things and has said "they won't quit and if they do we'll just get someone else"

Advice to Management

Give your department heads the room to make decisions without having to clear every little change though upper management. Compensate your employees for all the unpaid overtime you make them work. Realize that you need more people to get the job done efficiently and quickly.