Feld Entertainment Reviews | Glassdoor

Feld Entertainment Reviews

Updated October 18, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Free tickets to their shows, plus (in 14 reviews)

• You learn a lot, get to travel the world, meet incredible people and perform in front of thousands of audiences (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management sit in their positions while everyone else does the hard work (in 16 reviews)

• As mentioned above, there isn't much work life balance (in 7 reviews)

"Great people, long hours"

I worked at Feld Entertainment full-time

Pros

Some great benefits and decent pay. Great people to work with and exciting job. Got to see a lot of things I wouldn't have seen otherwise.

Cons

Really long hours and few days off. As part of a traveling unit, the schedule was intense and when living quarters are not great, it makes for some miserable days.

Advice to Management

More team building, fun times together without work. Put the living quarters as top priority.

"Road Technician"

I have been working at Feld Entertainment full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The opportunities are endless. I've seen the world and been comfortably paid with some of the best health insurance in the industry.

Cons

Most of the support staff at the main shop has not toured in a long time. Some of the staff hasn't toured at all. Often times we will receive things that need to be rebuilt or regularly repaired because of the conditions of travel.

Advice to Management

More show visits. Come and Load In a circus or an ice show a few times. Watch the intensity and efficiency of a Load Out. And think twice about what you ask of your road crews and the equipment.

"Great company with a lot of opportuities"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palmetto, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palmetto, FL

I have been working at Feld Entertainment full-time

Pros

Company has historically done a great job at staying in front of the market and provides entertainment to lots of families worldwide.

Cons

A few people in management create an extremely toxic environment to work in. The systems are outdated and certain departments unwilling to change. A lot of unnecessary excessive spend.

Advice to Management

Mandate change from the top down.

4. "Good Company"

I have been working at Feld Entertainment full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good people to work with, good communication from management

Cons

Not a lot of ability to move up, underpaid

"Great brands, poor culture"

I worked at Feld Entertainment full-time

Pros

Hard to shake a stick at the brands we work with - Disney, Marvel, Monster Jam, all entertaining and I was glad to work with family shows, promoting an experience rather than a product. Benefits were okay, pay is what you would expect in small town Florida.

Cons

Very top-down culture. Micromanaging is a constant issue. I never did get to do the job I was hired to do. No creativity whatsoever and no advancement even when I'd gone to management on multiple occasions, offering help on larger projects, even after many late nights, weekend work, and on-the-side learning. There was little interest in increasing our skillsets, branching out, or keeping current - and most art is created by an outside agency, leaving nothing but simple entry level production work in-house. All creativity comes from brand and the client. There is no trust in creatives to do creative work, and more than once we've been told by brand that they'd "do the job themselves if they knew Photoshop". Our processes are more difficult than they need to be, and rely on old job bags and paper presentations, even when dealing with web work. There needs to be some serious restructuring.

Advice to Management

Trust creatives to do creative work. Don't hire creative people if all they will be assigned is endless production tasks, and when they ask if they can at least offer some ideas, listen. You have incredible talent under your roof who are eager to contribute, utilize it!

"Family Company"

I worked at Feld Entertainment full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You get to work with great people in a small team setting but with the backing of an international company.

Cons

It can be a stressful, fast-paced work environment. I would not recommend to someone who doesn't thrive off hitting sales goals.

"Requires improvement"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

I have been working at Feld Entertainment full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Career opportunities if you are a fighter. The company promotes within, but only if you inquire about opportunities and if you know about them.

Cons

No career plans for any employees or positions. Dedicated employees are constantly looking for opportunities to improve, but the company does not invest to develop internal talent. Mid and upper management control instead of delegate.

Advice to Management

Pay more attention to internal talent and delegate

8. "Fast Paced"

I worked at Feld Entertainment full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great if you like and embrace change. No two days are ever alike.

Cons

ERP systems need upgrading.

"Great place to start your career!"

Former Employee - Sales Manager
    Former Employee - Sales Manager

I worked at Feld Entertainment full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I joined Feld when I was fresh out of college. It is the perfect first job to have when you enter the real world/workforce. If you are a new grad and looking at Feld- DO IT! But read below for some fair warnings.
    Feld is a place where you either sink or swim. You sink if you just want a 9am-5pm. You swim if you look at the job as a lifestyle. It's best for type A personalities, if you like to get it done... this is the place for you. At Feld you are thrown into the fire and work like a maniac… in a good way. If you want experience, to grow skillsets, and learn different avenues of marketing and sales—this is a great place to start out. But I will be honest, work life balance is not a thing at Feld and you must be okay with that to succeed here. You succeed because you are passionate about the brands you promote and you succeed because you want the experience and you succeed because you care about the work you produce. I mean, I left Feld and looked for jobs in events, marketing, sales, PR, radio, television…etc.. and you know what? I was qualified for every one of the positions because I wore many hats at Feld and learned how to do it all. This place is like a factory for marketers. You become like a little marketing warrior.
    I was there for 6 years, you live the job and I was 100% okay with that... until I wasn’t and that was when I decided to leave. I feel like I accomplished so much while I was there. It was a great first job, and now in my new position I use the skillsets I obtained at Feld and continue to be a marketing/events warrior, just a warrior with a life outside of work.

Cons

As mentioned above, there isn't much work life balance. I also work for a place now that has AMAZING company culture. Feld does not have a good company culture at all. They always say, " we're promoting Disney on Ice, not performing brain surgery, let's make it fun!" But yeah that is just them trying to say it.

Advice to Management

I would say one of the happiest moments at Feld for me was when my boss started dating someone. I know that sounds silly but it honestly helped so much because my boss started having a bit of a life. It's important to find that balance. Like I said, I did not mind working all the time because I was passionate about what I did. But in the end, it gets exhausting over time. Also, with the new generation of students graduating, company culture is so important. I speak at a local college, and one thing I hear from students is that they want a great culture when looking for an employer—it’s that work hard, play hard mentality. This new generation of workers isn't going to change, so my advice to Feld would be, adapt to this mentality. Still train little marketing warriors, but at least encourage happy hour or social events in every one of your offices. Also, if a promoter works an entire week + weekend because it's show week. Give them a free day on Monday or Tuesday to breathe. It’s the little things that count. There were so many moments where I just felt like I was a machine making money for the company and that I didn’t matter to them. Don’t let employees feel that way…. I mean I was there for 6 years because I loved what I did. But I know that with this new wave of promoters, that won’t happen. They will bounce and find that balance sooner.

10. "Event Manager, Monster Jam"

I worked at Feld Entertainment full-time

Pros

You'll travel around the world.

Cons

Don't spend a lot of time at home