Fellers Reviews | Glassdoor

Frank Fellers

"Working for Fellers"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at Fellers full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work from home
    Flexible schedule
    Vacation Time

Cons

Benefits
    Poor Management
    Working in Warehouse when needed
    No Raises

Advice to Management

Having only one person working at the warehouse is unsafe and not practable. Also, the procedures are not cusotmer friendly and it turns customers away. You need to give your loyal employees raises as well, instead of concentrating on opening new facalities, you should concentrate on the ones that are already established. Take care of the people that have been loyal to you.

"Warehouse Manager"

Former Employee - Warehouse Manager in Knoxville, TN
    Former Employee - Warehouse Manager in Knoxville, TN

I worked at Fellers full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The hours are the only good thing about this job

Cons

Everything else. The pay is a joke and the amount of work that is laid on your plate is too much for two people, let alone one.

Advice to Management

The job title "warehouse manager" should be changed to "warehouse EVERYTHING"
    When you are in this position you do everything....pull orders...inventory control...deal with customers...order supplies...clean the toilets.....EVERYTHING!!! The reason for that is because you are the only person in the warehouse. And the company will not hire a second person...or compensate you for the amount of work that you have to do. And when it comes to work...it is non stop. The term that I used was "relentless". The orders do not stop coming in. So you need to take care of that, customers coming in, daily cycle counts, unload trucks and put stock away. All within an eight hour period.

They will tell you that you are able to "cut off" so that you won't receive any more orders. This is their reasoning for not having a second person in the warehouse. However, you will still receive orders even when you aren't supposed to.

The good thing about the job is that you never see anyone from the corporate office. This is also the bad part about the job. Because, they have no idea the amount of work the position actually does. They only look at the bottom line and they make that very obvious whenever you bring up the short comings of their system.

The turn over rate for the position is extremely high. And management seems to be ok with it. The average warehouse manager (myself included) at the facility that I worked at worked for the company between 6 months to a year. Several managers in other facilities would just walk off of the job because of getting overwhelmed. I too felt like doing that.

I ended up being fired, not because I did anything wrong, but because I asked for a raise or some help. I said that I wasn't happy with the way that things were being run. The next week I saw my job posted on indeed and the week after that I received a call telling me that they are moving on with someone else....who will take your place in five minutes.

I could go on and on about how the company is run and how cruddy the position is. But it's easier if I say DO NOT TAKE THIS JOB!!! I have been a REAL warehouse manager and supervisor with almost 25 years experience and i have never ever come across a company like this.

"Nobody cares. No money. No advancement. No joke."

Current Employee - Inside Sales in Tulsa, OK
    Current Employee - Inside Sales in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at Fellers full-time (More than a year)

Pros

At least you are employed somewhere.

Cons

Employees from ALL departments are unhappy. Feeling of being STUCK in this job. No raises, no thank you's, no appreciation for you. Inside Sales management is lazy and unprofessional. They treat you as a body not as a person.

Advice to Management

Advice to Frank Fellers: At least pretend you care about your employees. Spend less time taking pictures of yourself and communicating with the people who put money in your pocket. Would also be professional if you put some in theirs in return. Lower management: appreciate the good people you have but first get out of your chair and circulate the office.

"Bad Company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

I worked at Fellers full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A few of the employees were knowledgeable about the products sold.

Cons

Some of the employees are rather shady. Don't trust anyone.

Advice to Management

Learn what your employees do behind the scenes. Don't just hire rejects from other call centers.

"OSS"

Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Birmingham, AL
    Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Birmingham, AL

I worked at Fellers full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You work from home.... far, far away from the idiots that run the company.
    Vacation time is good but hope you do not have a bad month while enjoying your time off or you might get fired when you come back to work!

Cons

I was fired after 3.5 years with the company because I raised Hell about them posting on their website that they were hiring new rep in territory similar to mine at $13,000 more per year base salary. I more than doubled the sales in my tenure and was fired because "I didn't meet minimum sales goals".....these people are the worst I have EVER worked for in every facet.

Advice to Management

Frank sell the business and most of the mid to upper management replaced.

"Territory Manager"

Former Employee - Territory Manager in Tulsa, OK
    Former Employee - Territory Manager in Tulsa, OK

I worked at Fellers full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A competitive base salary. Working from a home office.

Cons

No training,management reacts on a daily basis about sales. You are as good as your daily results. Not weekly,monthly,quarterly. Daily. Working from a home office you are constantly being beat on the head by phone calls,text messages,emails, to remind you that you fail. I wouldnt recommend this hell for anyone. I would give no stars if I could. I have never worked for a more unprofessional company in my life. Please dont believe the smoke screen they put out. Find another company that does not turn people so fast. If you make it one year you would be the exception.

Advice to Management

Value employees. Train them give them support. Is it easier to have a 200% turnover.

"Overworked Under Compensated Broken Promises Never Trained"

Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Chicago, IL

I worked at Fellers full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company Car & Cell Phone ...OK PTO ...Friendly Inside Staff

Cons

They promised me bonuses on new sales and existing sales goals..They never shared true sales with me and always has an excuse why I didn't meet sales goals. They never provided any type of training, they just put me out there with a list of clients to call on. Upper management is clueless what is really going on out there. Every time I tried to make suggestions they always told me we will bring it up in our sales meeting ...Guess what after being there over 2 years they never had a sales meeting..They owner doesn't care about his employees ...always making threats on how easy it is to be replaced, I just cant believe how they under appreciate there employees and how we make him successful. I have been gone now for almost a month and I am hearing the same thing from other outside reps in the industry how they turn over sales reps constantly and some have told me they cant believe i had made it this long before i was FIRED over some bad #s that wasn't even my Fault. This was a good experience and a lesson well learned for my new search for a great company who will appreciate you for who & what you can bring ...Not just because someone in the higher ups has a personal issue with you....Thank you the a lesson well learned

Advice to Management

Sell the business if you can to a company who knows how to treat there employees

"Employees Beware!"

Current Employee - Territory Sales Manager in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Territory Sales Manager in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Fellers full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

You work from a home office.

Cons

This employer has no loyalty, and does not show any appreciation for profitable results. They will fire you as soon as your sales numbers tick down- even if no fault of your own. Also this employer has not given raises in the past 7 years.

Advice to Management

Take care of the people who made you profitable.

"Lied to when I was hired"

Current Employee - Sales Support in Tulsa, OK
    Current Employee - Sales Support in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at Fellers full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I was told I would be making $80k plus, then a raise evey year

Cons

I never even got close to $80plus, more like less than $50k and no raises have been given since I have been there. The person who posted was obviously someone in the distribution center, again everything was false. I would say to that person to say who you are, most employees know who you are anyway. Why be anonymous if you are SO proud, chicken!!

Advice to Management

GET RID OF THIS NEW LAYER OF MIDDLE MANAGEMENT AND STOP trying to scare employees over a bonus take away, the ne structure is worse that the previous one. Such a stupid waste of money, GIVE YOUR LOYAL EMPLOYEES THE RAISE THEY WERE PROMISED!!!. YOU LIED TO EVERYONE THAT WAS NOT HIRED TO WORK IN TULSA....

"Horrific company to work for, nothing but lies and smoke and mirrors. LIES on top of LIES"

Former Employee - Warehouse Manager in Albany, NY
    Former Employee - Warehouse Manager in Albany, NY

I worked at Fellers full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Meeting great customer who turn into great friends outside of the company and leaning from them about the company's product, as the company does not give you any information at all what you are working with..

Cons

They tell you get an annual raise every year, but you do not. They do not have enough respect for long time employees, and do not even have enough respect to inform employees that you will NEVER get a salary increase and that is why there is such I high turnover in both sales and warehouses. The average warehouse employee lasts for about 1 year on average, then run as soon as they find a more honest and realistic company to work for.

Advice to Management

Develop a plan and think of the employees that are all working very hard to make the company money, stop trying to break employees spirit with your take it or leave it attitude. The warehouse employees are just informed of anything that they do wrong and are under constant pressure to get products both in and out of their respective facility, get to feel the wrath of their superiors. The middle management is so disorganized and will not even entertain an employees ideas on how to improve the constant flow of product, and every employees gets their bonus taken away if the sales do not meet or exceed the owners expectations, they never tell you this when you are being interviewed for your position. they have no plan, and just work with blinders on and are VERY narrow minded.