Fellowship Health Resources Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.6
Debra M. Paul

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Caring coworkers, funny clients"

Current Employee - Recovery Advocate
    Current Employee - Recovery Advocate

I have been working at Fellowship Health Resources full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The support you get, the experience in the field, learning about various aspects of mental illness, lots of locations to choose from if you don't like commuting far

Cons

Money's not great, which is to be expected with non profit, high turnover rate with staff because of that. If you're working at a group one and someone calls out, you'll probably get stuck doing a double

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work

2. "A good place to start career but get out fast"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Warwick, RI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Warwick, RI

I worked at Fellowship Health Resources full-time

Pros

flexible schedule and time off

Cons

unorganized management and staff is overworked

"Poor Admin/employee relationship"

Former Employee - LCSW, Delaware
    Former Employee - LCSW, Delaware

I worked at Fellowship Health Resources (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good Community action, quality health care svc.

Cons

Work environment often hostile, and employees have little support or supervisory guidances. Several accidents or incidents waiting to happen. Group homes are like a time bomb awaiting the catalyst to set it off.

Advice to Management

Hire competent and passionate supervisor staff and compensate all employees competitively, so it's more than a job that they grow to hate and only looking for a paycheck. Acknowledge all good stewards universally in all locations and all programs. Stop asking for employees earning a low income to invest in your charities and then you take paid days from them. Train the supervisors in leadership qualities. Enhance your stale outdated employee training to be released applicable.

"Fulfilling but high stress, low pay"

Former Employee - Recovery Advocate in New Bedford, MA
    Former Employee - Recovery Advocate in New Bedford, MA

I worked at Fellowship Health Resources full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The clients are wonderful, and working with them can be fun.
    My coworkers were amazing!
    I learned so, so much.
    AMAZING benefits.

Cons

LOW pay, and SO much expectation.

There is an insane staff shortage, with hundreds of cases to be split between a handful of workers in the company. The expectation and demands vs. what a single person is capable of is killer.

Management just isn't sympathetic.

Advice to Management

You need to pay better, or you'll never be able to hire people, and dedicated staff will continue to leave. It's too much work for the small amount of staff, and the clients suffer.

5. "FHR"

I worked at Fellowship Health Resources full-time

Pros

Great Team and great clients.

Cons

Too many demands not enough time.

6. "Past Recovery Advocate- Current Regional Administrative Coordinator"

I have been working at Fellowship Health Resources full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I truly enjoy going to work every single day. My co-workers are extremely supportive and the consumers are absolutely amazing. The work is not for everyone- it takes a lot to learn the Recovery Advocate role in particular. But strides have been made throughout the time that I have been with the company and it continues to improve. If you are willing to put in the time, effort, and dedication that the position and the consumers deserve then you would be a good fit for the company. If you do well in your position there are many opportunities for growth and every role is an amazing learning experience.

Cons

Benefits particularly Health insurance have increased in cost for employee and employer along with other companies. Consistency throughout the agency could be better- however due to differing state regulations this is often difficult to accomplish completely.

7. "Program Director"

I worked at Fellowship Health Resources full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Some of your co-workers could be genuine.

Cons

Staff steals from clients.
    Clients are treated like animals.
    Medication is often mismanaged.

Advice to Management

Stop hiring family and friends. Higher qualified people.

8. "Assistant Director"

Current Employee - Assistant Director in Milton, DE
    Current Employee - Assistant Director in Milton, DE

Pros

There's opportunity to apply for different positions before it is listed on the website as an open position. There are many areas to work in.

Cons

It may be challenging to get a relief staff when a regular staff member calls out. You may have to cover a shift if no other available staff member is able to come in.

9. "Nice"

Pros

Nice and fun place to work

Cons

Nothing, i loved it have fun

10. "Recovery Support worker"

Former Employee - Recovery Support Worker in New Bedford, MA
    Former Employee - Recovery Support Worker in New Bedford, MA

I worked at Fellowship Health Resources (More than a year)

Pros

Working for Fellowship Health Resources was an amazing experience ,it gave me many opportunities to learn the different challenges that the Persons Served deal with on a daily basis and to be able to help them was the best reward I could ever hope for FHR is a great place to work .My peers were all very much a team each and everyone I had the pleasure to work with was extremely helpful we all worked together and supported each other . The bosses and supervisors were amazing ,understanding , compassionate I watched them go above and beyond to make sure the well being of the persons served were taken care of .Many times the Bosses themselves would stay later to make sure all went well . Our on call was just as amazing you could call in the middle of the night and they would be right there to assist you with every problem .I unfortunately had to leave due to medical issues but, If it had not been for that I most certainly would still be there I LOVED MY JOB it was never a job it was a part of my life and so were the people I served.Human resources is not the highest paying field but in my opinion its the most rewarding .I would recommend Fellowship Health Resources to EVERYONE interested in this field you wont be sorry .

Cons

The only cons I can see to this job ,is the state not having the funds other then that I really cant think of any

Advice to Management

KEEP UP THE PHENOMENAL WORK , AND THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH FOR ALLOWING ME TO BE PART OF THE TEAM !!!!!