Fenix Consulting Group Reviews | Glassdoor

4.1
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Fenix Consulting Group President and CEO John Sabastian Enges
John Sabastian Enges

1. "Joined Business Management Training After College"

Current Employee - Business Management Training in Orange, CA
    Current Employee - Business Management Training in Orange, CA

I have been working at Fenix Consulting Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I joined Fenix Consulting Group shortly after my graduation from college in Spring. I came in hoping to gain some professional experience since most of my resume was filled with retail and restaurant positions that worked well with my schedule through school. There was no way I could have anticipated what I would gain in joining this team. The environment and culture is incredible. We have a younger group from early 20s to mid 30s - you're surrounded by like-minded individuals all looking to grow and develop themselves...and we make sure to balance work and play. I've built friendships that I believe will last a lifetime. I've learned to build and develop relationships with strangers and clients. I've built on my public speaking and training skillsets. I can now manage my time and finances. I have built a routine to sustain energy for maximum performance - through meditation, meal prepping, bulletproof coffee... I've been blessed to have the ability to travel and network with some of the best in the business and attend conferences and events like Tony Robbins. This business has developed me in so many ways beyond professional experience and I am truly grateful and excited to see what the future holds for us!

Cons

Growth is uncomfortable. You will be pushed to continue to grow or you will not be able to move forward. Friendships and relationships that do not blend with a growth and entrepreneurial lifestyle/mindset will likely hold you back if you cannot learn to let go or balance. Also this is a competitive and performance driven environment, which is intimidating to some.

Advice to Management

You rock

2. "Business Management Training Program"

Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Santa Ana, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Santa Ana, CA

I have been working at Fenix Consulting Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The best reason to work at Fenix Consulting Group is that anyone has all the resources that they need to learn and grow here. The opportunity is quite rare, yet available to all who get to be a part of the team. If you want equal opportunity that is based on your competencies, then this where you should be. Everyone here is about their goals and their personal development and growth. I have learned so many new skill sets such as sales management, customer acquisition, interviewing, training, public speaking, and team building. National and international expansion opportunities are a huge plus.

Cons

This is a performance based business the only person that can get in your way is yourself.

"Business Management Program"

Former Employee - Senior Account Manager in Orange, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Account Manager in Orange, CA

I worked at Fenix Consulting Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are many things that Fenix taught me in the past year and a half, but the most important things I have taken away from this company is the amount of personal growth I have developed. With the hands on training, I constantly was encouraged to push myself, do things out of my comfort zone, and strive to do my best everyday. The results I gained were incredible, and I learned things that will set me apart from others in my new position.

Cons

A con to some might be that you have to work hard to gain success, but thats only a con, if you expect to gain something without working for it.

Advice to Management

Thank you!

"Empty promises"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Orange, CA
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Orange, CA

I worked at Fenix Consulting Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Energetic passionate people. Frequent exposure to industry. Ability to learn as you go without major repercussions. Minimal responsibilities so mistakes may be excused.

Cons

Entry level sales. Best suited for college grads or first-job types. Inflated job titles. Lack of professionalism. Turn over rate is extreme high.

Advice to Management

None.

"Senior Account Manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA

I worked at Fenix Consulting Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I was given many opportunities out of college, and I chose FCG for the opportunity and growth possibility. Every new hire is put through the business management training which is the program that teaches you the ins and outs of running your own business. They give you daily, hands on sales training (not just while you're training- i mean everyday you were constantly being taught) that no other company I applied for offered, they teach you how to lead others, they help you better yourself in all aspects of your life, and the commissions come weekly with zero cap, & you get to travel.

I didn't leave this job because I hated it, or because I wasn't going anywhere- In fact I left while I was doing my best! I left because through choosing this career path I was able to take what I had learned from the business management position to help start a business only a year and a half out of college.

If you want to learn how to manage your time, make great money, look forward to seeing your co-workers, not sit at a desk all day, be around people who make you better, and be somewhere that gives you opportunity and personal growth, then FCG is for you.

Cons

Just like any company, there are pro's and cons of any company. I've found the ones that didn't enjoy this job were the ones that weren't willing to have a good attitude, work well with others, had horrible people skills, or didn't like working for their accomplishments. The only con that I can think of is the fact that you have to work hard if you want to succeed towards your goals? But I don't really know what kind of job (if you are taking it seriously) you wouldn't have to work hard for.

Advice to Management

Sabastian will be my go-to mentor throughout the rest of my career.

"My journey here at fenix has been very epic for me, and I love the opportunity that I have Been given to succeed."

Former Employee - Senior Leader in Orange, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Leader in Orange, CA

I worked at Fenix Consulting Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Voted Best place to work in orange County 2015
    The structure, culture, plus the opportunities given at fenix are in no other business.

Cons

I would say a challenge for some might be that, they fall in love with the culture in the business, that they get too comfortable at the position that there in.

"Great Culture"

Current Employee - Junior Account Manager in Orange, CA
    Current Employee - Junior Account Manager in Orange, CA

I have been working at Fenix Consulting Group (Less than a year)

Pros

CEO is top notch, great learning environment

Cons

long hours on your feet potentially selling a product you may or may not care about

"Fantastic company with emphasis on personal development"

I have been working at Fenix Consulting Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

FCG as a company has both phenomenal ownership and leadership. The goal is to help YOU reach your full potential - not only professionally, but in all aspects of your life (including mental, physical, spiritual). Promotions are given based on metrics, not the length of time you've been employed. YOU determine your outcome in this company 100% based on your competency and proven ability. They have developed a culture for a team environment where training and support (AND FUN!) is never ending.

Cons

If you do not have an open mind to learn or grow yourself, this will be an uncomfortable environment for you. Everyone works their way up, so past job experience and education do not dictate your position. This is a performance based business - If you do not like to work hard and give your best, you are likely to have difficulty hitting standards.

Advice to Management

You're rocking it! Keep it up!

"Growing company with a great culture!"

Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Orange, CA

I have been working at Fenix Consulting Group (More than a year)

Pros

The people and the culture are amazing. Huge emphasis on personal and professional development. Upward mobility is real and is based on standardized metrics versus seniority or tenure. Tons of hands on training, travel opportunities, and fun events. (Casino night, yacht party, white water rafting, paint ball, bubble soccer) The teams are ran like a sports team and there are not surprisingly a lot of ex-athletes that work here. High performers are rewarded and recognized. Company has grown from one office to seven in 4 years and only getting better.

Cons

Not necessarily a con but could be for some. No matter your experience everyone starts as a Junior Account Manager and has to "demonstrate competency" before getting promoted. You will be challenged to grow and learn and you are graded on your performance weekly which for the wrong people could be stressful.

Advice to Management

Keep investing in your people it's working!

"Profesional and Personal Growth"

I have been working at Fenix Consulting Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Opportunity. There is an opportunity given to you by this organization. Not just to grow your pocket, but you as an overall person, the rest just falls in place.
    Training. The leaders and trainers become family. They transcend the typical titles in a coporation and insead be your brother or sister, and actually care about your growth for your own self. They train in all key management areas from time management, team building, to day to day planning.

Cons

Work life balance. To some this is can be considered a con. However there's a belief in the amount you but in now for your future you will enjoy tenfold once in fruition.