Fenix Consulting Group Reviews | Glassdoor

4.6
Fenix Consulting Group President and CEO John Sabastian Enges
John Sabastian Enges

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "They have developed a culture for a team environment where training and support (AND FUN" (in 5 reviews)

• "Getting paid to learn the exact same material that I'm learning in my MBA program" (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • "You’re selling cable in Walmart" (in 4 reviews)

• "This is a performance based business the only person that can get in your way is yourself" (in 3 reviews)

"Great company to work with!"

I have been working at Fenix Consulting Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

** Meritocratic advancement opportunity
    ** Competitive and challenging work environment
    ** Small local team - feels more like family (about 50 people in the OC office) weekly team nights to grab food/drinks and chat plus 3-4 big team nights per year (bubble soccer, k1 racing, paintball, beach bbq, volleyball/basketball tourney)
    ** Growing national footprint - allows for travel and networking opportunity (around 300 employees nationwide across LA, San Diego, Riverside, Seattle, Portland, Vegas, Dallas, Houston, New Orleans, Palm Beach, Miami, Boston, Indianapolis)
    ** Development and Coaching - CEO (Sabs) is hands on in training at ALL levels. I felt privileged to be learning business skills directly from the man building an empire and earning 7 figures. We've also learned from coaches working with Tony Robbins, and held a competition to attend UPW. Quarterly conferences to network and learn from other leaders in the business and with some of our big clients.
    ** Work with huge brands - AT&T, Comcast, Apple, Amazon
    ** NO KNOCKING ON DOORS OR COLD CALLING
    ** BASE pay - which was huge for me. Although I've consistently been a top performer I wanted to make sure if I had an off week that there was something to fall back on.

Plus - in my years of working here the company just continues to get better. (More and more clients and products and increasing commission values)

Cons

If you don't like any of the things I mentioned in the Pros - this isn't the company for you. Some people can't handle the face to face customer interaction or think its difficult to sell products from brands that everyone knows and uses. (Hint: the products sell themselves - you're selling YOU!)

There is some local travel involved - you're assigned to one location for the day (within OC). This wasn't an issue for me but I've seen some people without reliable transportation (in combination usually with other personal issues or stories in their head) fall off.

There are minimum expectations on a performance level to stay employed. The team gives plenty of adequate notice and coaching to help improve performance for those that are struggling and even try to adjust the schedule if needed. But if you're continually taking more than you're giving - you won't be able to grow (aka - millennials you have to actually show up and work)

Advice to Management

Let's continue to grow this! Excited to get more coaching and development as I prepare to move into management and assist with market expansion!

"Assistant Manager"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Orange, CA
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Orange, CA

I have been working at Fenix Consulting Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great Experience with Face to Face communication skills. Life long business management learning skills with high performance lifestyle habits. You get paid on your effort and value added to the organization. This is a continuous growing environment that always pushes you to do more than you believe you can do. Every day you are working on something new or different, so if you don't like doing the same thing everyday this is for you.

Cons

If you want an employee working environment then this is not for you. Made more for entrepreneur mindset individuals who want to do more than the average american. If you have a fixed mentality or a problem with growing out of your comfort zone then you will find it difficult to work here.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work, people will keep on getting value as long as they walk through your doors.

"Great Company!"

Current Employee - Office Administrator
    Current Employee - Office Administrator

I have been working at Fenix Consulting Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This company is filled with amazing hard-working, competitive, and fun-loving people. This is the type of company that make you want to come to work every day and it honestly feels like a second family. I am blessed to be working here!

Cons

There are no cons for me

"Work Hard, Play Hard is the Culture"

Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Santa Ana, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Santa Ana, CA

I have been working at Fenix Consulting Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

HIGHLY VALUABLE JOB SKILLS – Great place to work if you are fresh out of college, and have no idea what you want to do, but that you just need to gain some experience. We do sales, interviewing, training, basically everything that any other companies you may work for will find valuable.

PAID TRAINING – Getting paid to learn the exact same material that I'm learning in my MBA program. Sometimes I wonder why I'm paying for my MBA, when I can learn it all here???

MENTORSHIP FROM A MILLIONAIRE – You get to work with a millionaire, who is eager to help you see the world and mentality of an entrepreneur.... (GOLD). And there is a newer business owner, who's opened up his business for 2 years, and is well on his way to being a millionaire too. I don't know about you... but I don't have very many millionaires that I can meet up with and talk to EVERY DAY.

TRAVELING – Since I've been here, I've been able to go to Nashville, Dallas, Boston and New York on work trips and conferences.

COMPANY EVENTS – There's always fun work events going on like trampoline dodgeball, go cart racing, beach BBQ's, paint balling, etc. Each year there's a casino night and a HUGE yacht party in Newport Beach. I just feel like we're getting taken care of, and management always asks us what kind of events we want to have. The culture is literally "work hard, play hard." The people that get competent in the skills faster get to go to even more events like Havasu and Mammoth.

Cons

You're working with a lot of young people, so naturally they can be be a bit naive and immature. (But you learn to remember that you were once their age)

If you're used to only working 40 hours or less, the hours here may seem like a lot. Especially if you need more time to pick up the sales skills.

This type of work can be hard if you can't hold yourself accountable, or if you're the type to slack off. Slackers can't get by here.

Advice to Management

Overall, such a fantastic company to work for and learn from. I think upper management just needs to work on communicating events, schedule changes, and details more in advance.

"Caring company"

Current Employee - Junior Account Manager in Long Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Junior Account Manager in Long Beach, CA

I have been working at Fenix Consulting Group part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It is the best job to have especially if you are in your twenties but starting at this company can be good at any age considering the exponential amount of growth anyone can experience with even just a year. On a bad weekend I still usually will make about 300 bucks. Keep in mind that's a bad weekend only working 3 days. It's hard to find companies where starting off you make at least 15 dollars an hour now days out of college but here you will typically make 30, 40 dollars or way more once you calculate your sales average per hour. This place offers an opportunity for a career and to make a very decent to an extremely great living. The atmosphere is always uplifting and believe it or not, even though it's a "sales job" the company really cares about your success. They always do everything they can to help people grow to get higher standards and make more money. However, what's great about this company it's more about working on yourself as an individual than it is about making the money because once you have you get to a certain level mentally. You basically become a better person who cares more about others, your team and your customers. What does that mean? You get better at sales by default. You will also get better with numbers, negotiating, and so on. Glad to be part of this team.

Cons

This is not so much a con but you can't look at this place likes it's a job you won't succeed that way because you can't be complacent in this field you definitely have to look at it as a career.

"great place to start"

Former Employee - Retail Account Manager in Orange, CA
    Former Employee - Retail Account Manager in Orange, CA

I worked at Fenix Consulting Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

leadership skills, public speaking skills, communication skills.

Cons

don't have any cons to say.

"Balance"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA

I have been working at Fenix Consulting Group (More than a year)

Pros

Thank you Sabs for being such an inspiration and giving me a chance. You turned "BS" into gold. Unfortunately I am not with the club anymore but I still feel like I am with the club of "being so good you cant be ignored" MENTALITY. I love you guys.

Cons

There is none. Keep up the good work

Advice to Management

Keeping being great

"Opportunity and Growth"

Current Employee - Operations Manager in Orange, CA
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in Orange, CA

I have been working at Fenix Consulting Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have worked at Fenix Consulting Group for over 2 years and I can not see my self working for a better employer or with a more supportive group of people like I have here. Everyone around you wants to see you succeed and will do everything in their power to help you. I have created a role within our organization that was never there before and there is huge opportunity for more people to come in and also trail blaze a new role for our office here and our organization across the nation. This has been our best year yet, I cant wait for 2018 and the growth that's coming with it.

Cons

Some people may not like that we are purely performance based. We don't believe in seniority. You earn success here and performance is most definitely rewarded. If you believe in working hard to get to where you're going, you will fit right in!

Advice to Management

Keep up the awesome trips and events!

9. "Best Places to Work in OC"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Orange, CA

I have been working at Fenix Consulting Group (More than a year)

Pros

I've enjoyed my time working here. I'm learning, growing, and having fun... The team environment is like no other, and its no surprise that Fenix has been recognized by both OC Register and OC Business Journal as one of the best companies to work for.

Cons

No big cons that stand out to me.

"Change your future"

Former Employee - Senior Account Manager in Orange, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Account Manager in Orange, CA

I worked at Fenix Consulting Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This company is by far the best place I’ve worked. Coming from a military background I was timid to enter sales. But the CEO ensures everyone gets attiquit training, and development.

Cons

There is none. Go see for yourself.

Advice to Management

When you refer to the CEO of Facebook Mark Zuckerburg. Stop calling him just Mark. You don’t know him Sabs.