Ferguson Consulting Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.5
Susan Ferguson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Good Place for your carrier"

Current Employee - Software Architect in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Software Architect in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Ferguson Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have learnt a lot with the kind of projects i was placed in.Some good training programs helped boosts my career .It's a good small family.

Cons

Could be stressful at times but it's all good

Advice to Management

Don't loose the good relationships with the employees...I love being here..

"Best career move I ever made"

Current Employee - IT Consultant in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - IT Consultant in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Ferguson Consulting full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Where to begin...
    - the size of the company is just right: it has a small, family feel, where you are a name, not a number, yet has a large regional client base and a long history of success & respected reputation around the area; I like that the CEO and management know my name, care about me and my interests, and value my opinion.
    - it is in their best interest to keep you marketable: there are many training opportunities and project assignments to help you to grow; as an IT professional, it is refreshing to be valued as a profit center rather than as a cost center as you are treated at most companies.
    - they have your back: if you are on an assignment you are not happy with, they will either work with the client to improve the situation, or they will work to find a different assignment for you.
    - the salary is very competitive, and the profit sharing bonuses are a great incentive; rate increases are given when merited (as it should be).
    - sense of pride: Ferguson has a high standard of quality for their employees and thorough hiring process, and their clients have come to expect this; I am proud to be a part of a quality team.
    - the remodeled office is very nice/trendy; even if you don't work in the office, you are still there for training classes, meetings, etc.

Cons

I don't have any real cons per se - every company has challenges to overcome, and no company is perfect; but any time I have had any kind of issue, I've always been able to openly express my concerns with management.

Instead I'd like to use this space to address some of the "cons" who are posting unfair negative reviews on this page. Keep in mind these are people who always find something to complain about, and will never be happy wherever they are working. They complain they don't make enough, and yet they don't take steps to expand their skill set into areas that command a higher bill rate. Regardless of their talent, their negative attitudes are cancerous to a team environment and lower the overall productivity and morale of the team. Simply put, they did not have a good experience because they *chose* not to have a good experience.

Advice to Management

Continue valuing your employees, building your clientele, and making the company a success.

"Operations Manager"

Current Employee - Operations Manager in Chesterfield, MO
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in Chesterfield, MO

Pros

Besides the learning and growth, I appreciate the work environment and the fostering atmosphere. Good work is rewarded through compensation increases and PTO and health benefits are the best I have had from an employer. There is flexibility to schedule personal appointments and make up the time. There is a good camaraderie amongst employees and frequent shared lunches provided by the office.

Cons

At this time I do not have any concerns.

"Staff Aug Company - Beware;not what expected"

I worked at Ferguson Consulting full-time

Pros

The HQ office is nice and clean. Training courses are provided at HQ office to keep skills current to remain marketable.

Cons

Very difficult to work with owner who heavily micromanages every communication and decision. There is no positive, team-oriented feeling in HQ office. Tons of turnover in HQ office. Although you are forced to be an employee (can't be a contractor), this is a typical staff aug body shop so make sure you get everything in writing when signing new contract and know that you will be let go once your project contract ends if owner fails to immediately place you on next project.

Advice to Management

As an owner, treat employees like you would want to be treated and don't talk negatively behind every employee's back to all the other employees.

"If you're experienced, a waste of time. If you're inexperienced, be careful."

Former Employee - Consultant in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Consultant in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Ferguson Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Training opportunities from high quality places such as CAIT. Ferguson will act like this is a perk, but remember, they are taking a not insignificant chunk of your salary.

Cons

Lots of consulting and placement companies are ethically challenged. But this one, hands down, takes the cake. I know several people who were financially screwed, from having their PTO withheld, to not being told or given a pay increase when the client agreed to an increase.

I could go on and on. Read your contract carefully, and don't give notice until you've signed your contract and there are no more terms to be negotiated.

Or better, just find a better place!

Advice to Management

The management here is not interested in my advice, nor am I interested in wasting my breath.

"Business Analyst Review"

Former Employee - Systems Analyst in Chesterfield, MO
    Former Employee - Systems Analyst in Chesterfield, MO

I worked at Ferguson Consulting (More than a year)

Pros

Competitive Salary and Compensation! Training provided to all employees to improve technical skills.

Cons

Quick to put employees in contract that are not a fit. Management needs to pay more attention to the job opportunities.

"Out of touch; non-progressive old school ”"

I have been working at Ferguson Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Just OK salary. Even after providing prof of income I was low balled with an amount less than what I had been making.

Cons

Very stringent in their expectations for their consultants. Most of their so call consultants are really contractors. Ferguson Consulting provides mainly staff augmentation with only a few true consultants. Not straightforward about contract length and renewal process.

Advice to Management

Be straightforward that you primarily offer contract-only work, how long the contracts last, and term limits.

Ferguson Consulting Response

Jan 8, 2017

I encourage you to speak to your Operations Manager regarding your dissatisfaction with compensation and unmet expectations for full disclosure on contract length. We try- we are limited by bill... More

"I worked for Ferguson Consulting as an IT Recruiter for a little over a year."

Former Employee - IT Recruiter in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - IT Recruiter in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Ferguson Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Ferguson Consulting is truly a great place to work. No other company can you learn directly from the CEO who will help encourage and mentor you day to day. The Ferguson Consulting team helped me grow in various areas as an IT Recruiter and professional.

Cons

I do not have any concerns for someone who is looking to work at Ferguson Consulting.

"Great firm to work for."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Ferguson Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The firm is invested in the individual. They work hard to keep the employees trained up in their current careers and also in transitioning into another field.
    They work hard to accomodate you while at a client site and help to resolve any issues.
    You always feel like youare a part of a team and not left to your own accord.

Cons

In honesty, I do not feel that there are any real concerns working for Ferguson.

"An ethical company in a difficult industry"

Current Employee - Consultant in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Consultant in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Ferguson Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Real training from academically-qualified companies.
    Very responsive staff.
    The most ethical IT consulting firm I have come across - this is not a very ethical industry!
    Bonus plan, paid overtime.

Cons

Easy to feel isolated and out of touch with your fellow consultants.
    Mostly staff aug - but again, MOST consulting firms are actually glorified staff aug. They are honest about it.

Advice to Management

There can be a lot of unnecessary posturing. Sometimes that can be insulting to one's intelligence. I appreciate working for a firm that truly looks out for its clients, not just making a buck. I've met a lot of my fellow consultants, and they all share a humble dedication to excellence.