Ferrandino & Son Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Peter Ferrandino

Pros
  • Opportunity for overtime, free pretzels (in 5 reviews)

• Some of my associates were great people, suffering as I have (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Get a life people, you are at work and unless you coddle them, the account managers do nothing but complain (in 13 reviews)

• Upper management is open to the employees concerns and ideas (in 6 reviews)

"Past Employees Need to Stop Lying"

I have been working at Ferrandino & Son full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent pay, decent benefits, mon thru fri 830-530 hours, leave on time every day, and plenty of overtime if you want it.

Cons

The previous review stating that we have to work 10 unpaid hours of OT is a flat out lie. My mind is just blown reading some of these reviews. Yeah they recently settled in a $1.5 million Dollar lawsuit, however when all of these employees signed on they agreed to a flat overtime rate of $25 an hour because we were all salaried employees, not hourly. We all were aware of our compensation, and all signed a contract agreeing to it. When it came to light that it was a labor violation, Ferrandino and son did not fight this lawsuit and settled quickly. So stop complaining people. Sue happy people who can't appreciate a decent thing when they have it, that is the con. Get a job down the street at Taco Bell? Get real.

Advice to Management

Stop promoting people based on personal friendships, it reduces morale and is just a bad business decision altogether.

"But, I have to Pee!"

Current Employee - Vendor Liaison in Audubon, PA
    Current Employee - Vendor Liaison in Audubon, PA

I have been working at Ferrandino & Son full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There is more parking now that so many people have left the company. Oh, and I have to mention the ubiquitous Friday pretzels.

Cons

This place has seriously gotten out of control. HR has recently issued a new policy regarding personal breaks. Employees are now limited to two "personal breaks" per day which must be scheduled in advance with your manager. Need to go to the bathroom? What to get some water or grab a snack from the break area? Hope you scheduled your personal break at an appropriate time.

Advice to Management

Good luck finding new employees, vendors, and clients. From the reviews you have online on sites like this one and others, I'm sure doing business will continue to be more difficult as time goes on.

"Run by uneducated bullies"

Current Employee - Market Coordinator in Audubon, PA
    Current Employee - Market Coordinator in Audubon, PA

I have been working at Ferrandino & Son full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice co-workers. Teamwork is nice because everyone is in the same situation. Free pretzels every Friday morning. On site gym....nothing else is good.

Cons

The bullying is something I've never seen. The unrealistic expectations are putting unnecessary stress on everyone. The higher up managers and directors literally watch everyone all day then talk about them in front of other workers. All of management talks about employees to each other and their staff. It it inappropriate, but you can't go to HR. It is 2 uneducated women that run the show. They don't follow proper protocol and make up rules as they go. You cannot trust them to do the right thing. There is no one to talk to if you have a problem, you are alone and can't trust anyone. The politics are awful. Most managers seem to have their job because they are friends with someone. Some are so uneducated that you can't figure out how they got that job. This company is constantly being sued by EVERYONE. They do very shady things to vendors, clients, employees....anyone they come in contact with. It is embarrassing! When someone gets terminated, directors talk about the situation in front of employees as a scare tactic. The threats and bullying are on a constant basis. It is scary getting up to just go to the bathroom. Oh, and if you aren't in the "clique" you have different rules to follow about everything. Policies and procedures for PTO seem different per person which is junk. The rules should be the rules no matter who you are, but with a HR team that isn't held accountable for anything, people do what they want. This may be the worst company I've ever worked for. Vendors, clients, job seekers should head in the opposite direction. I expect this place to be out of business in 2 years. More big lawsuits are headed this way.

Advice to Management

Hire real HR, treat all employees the same and fairly. Treat your customers and vendors better. Stop bullying your employees!!! You should be embarrassed! Employees want to feel safe at work and we don't. Stop the politics. Stop making shady business decisions that are illegal. This company needs a reality check and some morals.

"Depressed, stressed and doing my best"

Current Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Norristown, PA
    Current Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Norristown, PA

I have been working at Ferrandino & Son full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Opportunity for overtime, free pretzels

Cons

The bad apples are still at the top. Despite escalating issues I have getting my job done, no one cares. HR does not advocate for employees. Awful management openly ridicules employees, as well as bullies people they don't like. I've been told, "get it done", "I don't care" so many times here it's unreal. Now they are stiffing certain clients by not servicing per their contract and pocketing the extra money. I'm disgusted by their tactics and looking for a new job.

Advice to Management

Gain ethics.

"$30,000 richer"

Former Employee - Operations Manager in King of Prussia, PA
    Former Employee - Operations Manager in King of Prussia, PA

I worked at Ferrandino & Son full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

None, biggest joke of a company.

Cons

Politics run rapid here. If they do not like you they will work you until you quit. Wayyyyyyy greener grass on the other side. Stop reading the positive reviews here. They come from one person, the "Employee manager".

Advice to Management

Fire them all.

"It pays the bills"

I have been working at Ferrandino & Son full-time (More than a year)

Pros

We get paid on time, they have a nice little gym. It will be great to have the experience on your resume.

Cons

Management has their favorites that they encourage and promote. Management sets very high expectations on tasks that are not achievable. The pay is lower than average. Human Resources needs a makeover at the top.

Advice to Management

Stop openly having favorites
    Stop having games where some stay outside all day while others stay in picking up the slack.
    Make sure everyone is logged into their phones instead avoiding calls from their vendors for non payment.
    Pay these vendors, they work for our company and we have gotten paid they need to get paid.

"Working at F&S"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Audubon, PA
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Audubon, PA

I worked at Ferrandino & Son full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent training program. I think it's actually underrated. Sandra made me feel comfortable attempting to do my job when I hit the floor. If I could have worked in the training room, I'd probably still be there. Free Pretzel Friday was a nice touch as well. The employee engagement team tries hard to make the workplace as stress free as they possibly can but it's a tough business/environment to overcome.

Cons

I wouldn't say management plays favorites when promoting but at the time there were plenty of seniors and managers that definitely didn't belong. The stress levels are massive here. Some folks can take stress better than others I suppose. I would find myself taking a LOT of walks around the building in order to try and relax. It was very hard to have to go to work and treat the vendors like second class citizens half the time just because they wouldn't perform work for pennies on the dollar.

Advice to Management

There's not too much you can do. The nature of being a 3rd party sourcing company/property manager makes for a tough and highly competitive field. It takes some serious mental fortitude to work there.

"It's not the worst company"

Former Employee - Operations in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Operations in Philadelphia, PA

Pros

I left the company a few months ago and now realize how beneficial my time here has been to my career growth. First, there are a decent amount of good individuals who work here. Some of those individuals occupy mid to senior level management and are easy to get along with. When starting out, I asked my managers plenty of questions and it helped me advance rather quickly. Most of these managers want you see you grow as it is a reflection on them, so they will encourage you to approach them with questions or concerns. Additionally, there is plenty of OT throughout the winter. Yes, it is tiring, stressful and monotonous, but being in those situations will teach you how to manage those emotions. I've come to realize that, I am much better and quicker at handling tough client situations because of the problem solving skills I developed at F&S. My current position requires tough negotiating which I can also accredit to my time here. There are a lot of negative outlooks on this company (many of which I agree with), but there is at least some positivity.

Cons

The pay is well below the national average. Ferrandino and Son is constantly losing talented individuals to other companies because it is hard to live off of $18-$21 an hour. If the company wants to stay competitive for a long time, start hiring more qualified people and pay them a fair rate. It's easy to bring in unmotivated, uneducated and underqualified employees for $15 an hour because they are expendable, but it looks terrible from a client and vendor's point of view. Also, most of the managers and directors are arrogant. They all have their favorites and that is easily seen with who is and isn't promoted. 40% of the managers and directors should be fired for their shady ethics.

Advice to Management

-Pay your vendors
    -Pay your employees better
    -Stop basing promotions off of personal relationships
    -Provide a better benefit package
    -Get rid of the games. During these games, there are way too many people sitting outside all day doing nothing while others work and contribute to the company's profitability. Either get rid of it or reevaluate who is doing what.

"WORST COMPANY TO WORK FOR IN UNITED STATES!!! ITS NO WAY THERE IS SOMETHING WORSE OUT THERE!!!!!"

Former Employee - Procurement Buyer in Audubon, PA
    Former Employee - Procurement Buyer in Audubon, PA

I worked at Ferrandino & Son full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some of the employees are really nice and helpful. Much more helpful than the management team. I appreciated the fun activities and pretzels and fruit but it's more to a company than just that!

Cons

Most unorganized company I ever worked for! Very stressful and employees are underpaid for the work that we do. Average pay for most of our titles are $10,000 more. Management talks crazy to you. The procurement team is the worst the managers are both men and I know for sure that they're bias towards the women on that team. I know this because I am a male that worked on that team and I heard some comments that weren't nice which is why I left I didn't want to get involved in a possible second law suit. There is a lot of favoritism that goes on in that company. If you're not part of the original crew that started in this scam business from USM you will never ever be a director or anything higher. Its difficult to talk to HR because if you dare go and tell her about any situation that makes you uncomfortable that goes on with your team the manager will torment you undercover and there's no repercussions neither is there any way to prove that you're being picked on. The best thing to do is look for another job if your currently working here and if you're thinking about working here RUUUUUNNNNNN! There's a saying that the grass is not greener on the other side in this instance it is! These reviews are not here just fun, they're time consuming to do and people would not sit up and write these just to write them. These complaints are true and obviously they're not made up a past employee just won a $1,000,000.00 class action lawsuit against this company. So if you're desperate for work come on over and join the team but you better have back up to get out soon. It's like entrapment once you get into this place and get involved with this colt it's hard to get out!

Advice to Management

Get rid of the original crew from USM they're all bad news. Give bonuses and pay your employees more we are underpaid. Promote those who truly deserve promotions!!!!

"Great Company!!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Audubon, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Audubon, PA

I have been working at Ferrandino & Son full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

job advancement, stability, flexible when you need family time, a lot of really hard working teams and bosses, great location, fun activities, sports, weekly prizes, flexible COO with dress code and constantly informing the teams of ongoing changes

Cons

People who complain constantly... and the reason, they are young and lazy. I am tired of reading and hearing about all the complaints. Get a life people, you are at work and unless you coddle them, the account managers do nothing but complain. ugh... they are the problem. Not management, not the hard work, not the changes. Its the complainers.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!! I am thankful for my job!