Ferrandino & Son Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.0
Peter Ferrandino

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Opportunity for overtime, free pretzels (in 7 reviews)

• Many good hard working people here (in 5 reviews)

Cons

"These people don’t know what real work is."

Current Employee - Anonymous Current Employee in Audubon, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Current Employee in Audubon, PA

I have been working at Ferrandino & Son full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You’re warm in the winter, cool in the summer. Hours are routine, and overtime can be abundant. If you work hard and are dedicated and take ownership over your tasks, as we all should, you are treated well. HR is constantly bashed, but if you treat them respectfully they treat you the same.
    I have a full time job, good pay (higher than the median pay rate in this area), four weeks of paid time off, and a great team around me. If I ever had any issues, I respectfully brought them to management and the matters were resolved in a favorable fashion.

Cons

These employees, past and present, that just complain complain complain. You don’t know what real work is. Try being a roofer in the summer, a factory worker, a mechanic. People complain and say horrible things about the company, and then because they have these skewed and shoddy opinions they work horribly. And what you people do not comprehend is that your poor work is then what causes the company to have issues and upset vendors. Stop complaining!

Advice to Management

You are on the right track of trying to make internal improvements. More team meetings would be helpful for your exterior teams to allow them to voice their concerns (if you aren’t already doing them).

2. "Account Manager"

I worked at Ferrandino & Son full-time

Pros

Some teams/accounts have good chemistry

Cons

Underpaid with terrible benefits (expensive health coverage, minimal PTO, etc.)

Advice to Management

Appreciate staff more

"Where Do I Start?"

I have been working at Ferrandino & Son full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's not only uppermanagemet that's not nice I think they all are a little off. The workers aren't nice either and the glass castles are even worse. When you walk into the room immediately you feel the negativity. The high turnover rate has got to be costing them a lot of money. It's an overall hostile environment. And everyone seems to be coughing and sneezing all over the place. Trust me you can do better elsewhere and if you read this and don't take heed your on your own.

Cons

Free food for night workers..... I really can't think of anything else at the moment.

Advice to Management

Something needs to be done figure it out and stop running the business like a dictatorship.

"Typical Coorporation"

I have been working at Ferrandino & Son full-time

Pros

If you're a good worker and liked by upper management you could move up the ladder pretty quick (due to the high turnover across the entire company - upper management included); build your resume.

Cons

I have not read one negative review about this company that wasn't true.

Advice to Management

I don't think egos that inflated are capable of hearing anything other than praise for their own ideas.

"It's Over"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Audubon, PA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Audubon, PA

I have been working at Ferrandino & Son full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nothing specular that I can think of

Cons

1. Constant Change. Nothing is the same long enough for it to be successful. Give things a chance to work before you continue to shift things around.
    2. Stop allowing problem employees to collect a paycheck. Good employees will continue to leave because we are tired of doing the work of people who sleep. It is a joke.
    3. Human Resources is a joke. She doesnt even know anyone of works here that isn't a manager.
    4. They let the Vice President of our department go. She was the only one who cares about the employees, helps the directors and employees and knows whats going on.

Advice to Management

Chalk it up before snow season. We don't want to get beat up anymore because of bad decisions you make.

"Cut -throat"

I worked at Ferrandino & Son full-time

Pros

Pretzels on Friday, games holiday cookout that's about it

Cons

Cut throat environment management has no idea what's going on they sit in their glass office and plot on employees your micro managed by most of management they tell you to do things and then they throw you under the bus to save their own jobs they're losing accounts left and right they don't pay any of their vendors and can understand why they can't find any providers to do Services. All the positions are paid grossly under industr y standard raises are low, pathetic Christmas party that cost you a fortune to go to between close and everything and then they want you to pay $150 for the hotel room most would rather have bonuses little to no room for advancement unless your a favorite if you're not a favorite of a director forget it you're not going to move up in the company no matter how good you work is or how hard you work don't ever expect praise you will never hear you're doing a good job.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees maybe if you take a look at yourselves you'll figure out why you're such a high turn around andyou can't keep employees the majority of it is related to management and their scare tactics. Also maybe if the male management didn't spend so much time only paying attention to the pretty girls that work there and didnt spend their day sending disgusting Skype messages to each other the good employees that you pay no attention to that actually do work or the ones that get no praise and I'll pay zero attention to are ones leaving.

"Please do not work for this company."

Former Employee - Account Manager in Norristown, PA
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Norristown, PA

I worked at Ferrandino & Son full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Every other place you work will seem like a God sent.

Cons

This place is run by incompetent managers who are more obessesd with charts than actually applying the ideas and making the company better. The company cares nothing about its employees, I worked there for 3 years and felt physically ill when I’d have to go into work. You can expect to do endless unorganized data entry, while calling vendors that you owe hundreds, even thounsands of dollars, and strong-arming them into managing properties that are in poor conditions. You will hurt the wallets of good hard working vendors due to this companies unfair and convoluted contracts.

I’m extremely upset to see reviews like the one prior to mine say that people need to stop complaining. I’ve worked in restaurants for 6 years, labored for 3, i know what real work is and i know that a company that has to use bully tactics to manipulate its employees instead of actually giving some worth while compensation for a change is not a “good company to work for.” The pay is average, the benefits are pathetic, and the corporate culture couldn’t be more negative. Don’t make friends cause most will be out before you get to know their name as the turn over is about 6 months, but the people who do stay are wonderful people who put up with way more then they should. I think of them daily and hope they escape this awful place.

This company has the most miserable work environment. The management lies to and cheats its clients and NEVER pays its vendors on time. It’s one of the most hated companies in the industry and it’s only a matter of time before Brightview forces them into the ground.

Oh, by the way, the free pretzels get old after 3 Friday’s and even the coffee is insultingly bad. Neither are employee insensitives.

Advice to Management

Really nothing at this point. You’ve seen the writing on the walls for years and chose to ignore it. No more vendors are going to work with you. You treat you good employees like garbage and refuse to fire the bad ones. Your company is a disgrace and the director of operations is a bully. There’s no hope for this sinking ship.

You could have tried some employee incentives, but I honestly think it’s to late.

"Account manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Audubon, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Audubon, PA

I have been working at Ferrandino & Son full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Awesome people
    Something different everyday
    Nice managers
    Good company to gain experience

Cons

A lot of change in processes
    Not much room to advance at all

Advice to Management

Notice the hard work the employees put in and reward them!

"Account Manager"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Norristown, PA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Norristown, PA

I have been working at Ferrandino & Son full-time

Pros

The fact that we have a job...
    Nice co-workers

Cons

Account Managers are overworked
    Atmosphere is like a sweat shop
    Managers assistance is poor
    Friends / Kiss ups are promoted not qualified workers
    Leave work mentally spent
    Poot pay to their vendors
    Managers/Directors have favorites

Advice to Management

Better actual job training
    Better staff support
    Be fair work with one work with all

"How is this place still open???"

Pros

I can’t think of any. I can buy my own damn pretzels and play games at home. As for the people, this is the most incestious place I have ever worked. Oh and if you aren’t part of the “click” you can forget it.

Cons

There is a lot of bulling going on. Not only by employees but also by management. They are unethical and scam their clients. If you are looking for a job stay far away, if you’re a vendor prepared to never get paid and if you are a Client you are being ripped off!

Advice to Management

Close the doors. Haven’t you had enough law suits????