Ferrellgas Partners Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated October 11, 2017

2.0
James E. Ferrell

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great benefits, great group of coworkers (in 12 reviews)

• Good benefits and a friendly atmosphere (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • full time hours part time bemefits (in 4 reviews)

• Generally low pay with excessive expectations (in 4 reviews)

1. "Customer Service"

I worked at Ferrellgas Partners full-time

Pros

I enjoyed the fast paced environment during the winter months.

Cons

A lot of "restructure". And a lot of good people were let go.

2. "San Diego snake in the grass"

Former Contractor - Route Delivery Driver, Service Tech, Operations Manager, Special Ops in San Diego, CA

I worked at Ferrellgas Partners as a contractor (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great benefits including stock options

Cons

Low pay for industry.
    Terrible management.

Advice to Management

Get Denise out of San Diego. Ferrellgas lost an employee that would literally do anything for them. (Once installed a dispenser in a monson in Yuma) (spent 68 out of 72 hours on a job to protect a miss firing vaporizer rack of 10) Literally would do anything for this company. Denise ruins the good employees, saw it time and time again. San Diego snake in the grass. I loved this company and would do anything to better over and over again. This was reciprocated after I grew a one horse town business into the most diversified propane company around with huge profits when they made me operations manager. However, landing in San Diego the female manager was a nut job and a complete liar. Which she was outed for when I left. Everything was a lie out of her mouth. I single handedly save one of our small plants in Yuma only to be fired 3 months later when an employee was caught stealing on my vacation, admittedly being doing so for years before I got there. No responsibility by her yet rolled someone's head. Mine. Moved back to a tech position and built a one off piece of equipment, slated to be my new job, lpg proving, lasted 3 days and they stuck me in a field painting tanks again. Lies all lies. I wish Jim Ferrell would see through her bs. Not to mention how she destroys her drivers mentally. She's not a leader she's a boss. Even though she broke her hands trying to grind, which she had no business doing. Classless woman.

Ferrellgas Partners Response

Aug 22, 2017 – Staffing Manager

We appreciate your feedback, which is important to us. We are sorry to hear that your experience with Ferrellgas was less than amazing!

"Stay away"

I worked at Ferrellgas Partners full-time

Pros

Decent pay and benefits. That's all

Cons

You are a paper pusher there. In the summer time all you will do is make outbound calls to try and regain customers that we have loss due to the high prices they charge. I had a full time dock and the managers couldn't stand that my customers loved me and would ask how my kids were doing. Which is what ended up getting me fired. I think its rude to pretty much kick a customer out after paying but they seen it differently. There is way to many managers in a little area.

Advice to Management

If your employee is getting the work done everyday but also building a great foundation with returning customers then don't worry. The rules for one should be the same across the border. If no jean are allowed then that means no jeans!

4. "Route driver"

I worked at Ferrellgas Partners full-time

Pros

Experience in close quarters with a tractor trailer

Cons

Office seems to be clueless

"I am an excellent worker but my boss plays favorites and treats me poorly."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Ferrellgas Partners full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Benefits are above average and the ESOP is a nice perk.

Cons

Middle-management shows favoritism towards some employees and micro-manages others. No consistency in the way they treat their "team".

Advice to Management

Clean house. Get rid of the managers that employees complain about in departments that have frequent conflicts. Empower employees to give confidential annual reviews about their managers to upper management. If the Senior Mgmt doesn't know about the problems, they can't fix them.

"Ok job for awhile, poor choice for long term"

Former Employee - Lead Driver in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Lead Driver in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Ferrellgas Partners full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

When I started with them they had a great benefit package and vacation/holiday time.

Cons

Corporate doesn't have a clue what they are doing and keep trying to change up the whole company to the detriment of employees and customers. The result = frozen wages, no bonuses even if you meet the required goals, over working remaining employees, cut benefits and vacation time and -$54 million in the whole for 1 quarter

Advice to Management

Everyone needs to get on the same page and stop telling lies just to try and keep people around.

Ferrellgas Partners Response

Oct 18, 2016 – Director, Staffing & HRIS

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We are sorry that your experience at Ferrellgas did not match our intention of being the best place you have ever worked. It is never our... More

7. "All nickels have been squeezed"

I worked at Ferrellgas Partners full-time

Pros

Great benefit package, many long term employees, innovative use of technology

Cons

Executive Leadership was ineffective in addressing field management turnover. The acquisition strategy often failed due to a haphazard customer integration that resulted in missed deliveries, inaccurate billing, unexpected price increases and ultimately deep customer losses. Long before diversification with midstream and logistics company acquisitions, the company was scrambling to reduce customer churn.

8. "Operations manager"

Former Employee - Operations Manager
    Former Employee - Operations Manager

I worked at Ferrellgas Partners full-time

Pros

Senior management cares about the employees. Decent salary for mid level management. Paid training at the corporate office allows for networking.

Cons

Mid level management doesn't support lower level employees. No job security in the Florida region.

Advice to Management

Take a deep level look into D.O's and SVP'S in the south you'll find that their core values do not line up with the vision of the senior management team.

"Driver in Despair"

Former Employee - Delivery Driver in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Delivery Driver in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Ferrellgas Partners full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great health benefits package. Generous time off, but limited to April through September since the rest of the year is busy season.

Cons

Not enough drivers. Not sure if they operate lean on purpose or just can't find drivers. This puts a lot of stress on all the workers since in the off season you want to use vacation and PTO, but it makes it so hard on the other drivers.
    Also, after working hard all day you are also put on after-hours call. Depending on how many drivers there are you can be on call once every third week. Not fun during winter, let me tell you.

Advice to Management

Hire more drivers. Profits going to the top aren't the most important thing.

"Review"

I have been working at Ferrellgas Partners full-time

Pros

Salary, Bonus and Benefits

Cons

Trying to do to much with to little