Ferrellgas Partners Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.3
Rating Trends Rating Trends
James E. Ferrell

Pros
  • Great team environment, Change of pace everyday, great benefits including ESOP (in 10 reviews)

• Good benefits and a friendly atmosphere (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • full time hours part time bemefits (in 4 reviews)

• No raises, lots of layoff due to the dependant on weather and how it effects the company (in 4 reviews)

1. "Good Money, Good Work"

Former Employee - Level III Install in Conifer, CO
    Former Employee - Level III Install in Conifer, CO

I worked at Ferrellgas Partners full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lots of hours, good pay, easy scheduling

Cons

On call, inclement weather, lots of travel between stops

Advice to Management

A couple more drivers per district

2. "Great Company!"

I have been working at Ferrellgas Partners full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Advancement opportunities, pay range, ESOP and quality of people are all very respectable. Upper management team is strong and focused on consistency. Senior leaders are not afraid to make decisions that are best for the long term health of the organization and the performing employees of the company. CEO seems to care about the well being of the employees of the company.

Cons

Business decisions hinge on weather patterns, Past High turnover with field management positions lead to inconsistent performance of employees as they lacked a focused direction. Sometimes impatience gets in the way of success (More of a past issue than present).

Advice to Management

Keep staying consistent and listen to the folks on the ground.

3. "Excellent company to work for."

I have been working at Ferrellgas Partners full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Mgmt is focused on driving results while also making the employee a priority. Advancement opportunities are available for those that are willing to dedicate themselves.

Cons

Weather driven business. Public awareness of propane and the challenge of parity amoungst other segments such as Natural Gas and electricity.

4. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Corporate Office in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Corporate Office in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Ferrellgas Partners full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great company that offers a strong compensation package along with a ESOP that is completely funded by the company. As a working parent the flexibility that Ferrellgas offers is a huge plus for my family.

Cons

Retail propane is a weather driven business and in extended periods of above normal temperatures sometimes difficult decisions have to be made. During these times management does what it has to do for its customers, the business and company employees.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you have been doing and don't let potential short term weather issues change your long term course.

5. "Ferrellgas has always let me put my family and their needs first. Very family oriented company."

I have been working at Ferrellgas Partners full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Ferrellgas is very involved with the communities they service. They are also very generous with numerous Charity Bobtails that give a portion of the proceeds to different organization. There are several Breast Cancer trucks, an MS truck, Autism truck, multiple Military trucks, KC Crimestoppers truck, Diabetes truck, Leukemia and Lymphoma truck. I have always felt like I have mattered and can make a difference. It feels like one big family.

Cons

Weather dependant to an extent, but with new technologies we are becoming less dependant and more efficient.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to your employees and keep the customers needs first. They are the two most important pieces in ensuring we keep our business as successful as it has been in the past.

"Family Feel with Great Benefits"

I have been working at Ferrellgas Partners full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I've been with Ferrellgas for over 12 years and I can honestly say I look forward to going to work every day. Although this is a large company with locations nationwide our local office feels like a family and that is how the folks at the corporate office have always treated me. I like the "open door" policy that our CEO has and anytime I've ever emailed him I've always gotten a speedy answer. A couple of times over the years the answer came via a personal phone call! It feels good to work for a company that really cares about the employees and their families. The ESOP is one of my favorite things at the company. I didn't think much about it when I started working here, but now I really look forward to the letters that come during the year. Hard to believe I've got that much saved up for retirement without putting in a dime of my own money!

Cons

Always tough working outside in the winter and being on call isn't my favorite thing, but I understand that we are just taking care of our customers. I've eaten my share of cookies from grateful customers during the holiday season!

Advice to Management

Keep listening to the employees. No one knows our customers better.

"Great Company"

Pros

Great pay, Great benefits all the training you can ask for, Family focus, safety focus, looking after one another atmosphere.

Cons

Traveling from city to city, winter is a very busy season, because of the cold, Variety of hours you need to be available.

8. "Good Company"

Pros

ESOP is a huge benefit, health care benefits are good. Basically really good benefits.

Cons

Hours can get long in the winter.

9. "driver"

Current Employee - Route Driver in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Route Driver in Nashville, TN

Pros

Great Benefits and management listens to concerns

Cons

Long days and can be pressed to the limit on hours run

Advice to Management

Keep an open mind and continue to listen to employees like you are and things will continue to thrive

10. "Great small corporation"

Former Employee - Operations Analyst in Liberty, MO
    Former Employee - Operations Analyst in Liberty, MO

I worked at Ferrellgas Partners full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great work-life balance. They really make it a point to foster a collegial atmosphere at the corporate offices; parties to celebrate good years, lots of Corporate Challenge involvement and pride, etc. On-site gym at both locations was a huge plus as well.

Cons

I really didn't any complaints. Ferrell has the typical cons of a 9-5 corporate job but they do a lot to counter them.

Advice to Management

None at this time. Propane is certainly not a high-growth industry but the C-level guys seem to being their best to grow and diversify via acquisitions.