Ferrellgas Partners Reviews | Glassdoor

Ferrellgas Partners Reviews

Updated March 16, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • Great team environment, Change of pace everyday, great benefits including ESOP (in 10 reviews)

• Good benefits and a friendly atmosphere (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • No raises, lots of layoff due to the dependant on weather and how it effects the company (in 4 reviews)

• Company is constantly changing direction and structure of the organiztion (in 3 reviews)

1. "Very hard work dirt lot makes your car and yourself very dirty"

Former Employee - Material Handler in Twinsburg, OH
    Former Employee - Material Handler in Twinsburg, OH

I worked at Ferrellgas Partners full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very stable company decent pay management is a crapp shoot with who cares about stuff and doesn't big bosses rarely come around to make sure everyone is taken care of

Cons

Making sure bottles are up to date with as many bottles as they go through is very challenging to say the least

"Revolving Door Due to Management"

Former Employee - Level III Service Technician in Steamboat Springs, CO
    Former Employee - Level III Service Technician in Steamboat Springs, CO

I worked at Ferrellgas Partners full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Independent work if you are not a people person

Cons

The turnover is high with this company as they do not offer much in the way career development. Equipment is poorly maintained and when you are in a truck all day doing service work or delivery in the propane industry it gets old having to deal with breakdowns. Management is not very honest or responsive to requests. I was lied to about salary bump and confronted upper level managers regarding immediate manager. If you are desperate for work they are hiring often due to high turnover, at least in my region it was.

Advice to Management

Update your equipment. Do not force employees to be on call. Take volunteers for on call hours and offer something, anything, like a little bonus for each call out. You are so cheap when it comes to your labor so you should not wonder why you have high turnover at your Steamboat Springs, CO office. Your manager there has seen over 30 drivers and over 30 customer service reps come and go under his tenure. Perhaps your company is not as bad as this one office but based on my experience with his immediate supervisor, who you promoted, I don't doubt you have bigger problems to solve at this point like replacing Steven Wambold.

3. "css"

Current Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Hampton, GA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Hampton, GA

I have been working at Ferrellgas Partners full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

good benefits and stock options

Cons

can be stressful during peak winter times

5. "Great company"

I have been working at Ferrellgas Partners full-time

Pros

Great company to work for. Internal advancement

Cons

Only bad thing, this is a winter work business. Outdoor work in all weather

Advice to Management

Very great opportunity for advancment

6. "Ok job for awhile, poor choice for long term"

Former Employee - Lead Driver in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Lead Driver in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Ferrellgas Partners full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

When I started with them they had a great benefit package and vacation/holiday time.

Cons

Corporate doesn't have a clue what they are doing and keep trying to change up the whole company to the detriment of employees and customers. The result = frozen wages, no bonuses even if you meet the required goals, over working remaining employees, cut benefits and vacation time and -$54 million in the whole for 1 quarter

Advice to Management

Everyone needs to get on the same page and stop telling lies just to try and keep people around.

Ferrellgas Partners Response

Oct 18, 2016 – Director, Staffing & HRIS

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We are sorry that your experience at Ferrellgas did not match our intention of being the best place you have ever worked. It is never our ... More

7. "All nickels have been squeezed"

I worked at Ferrellgas Partners full-time

Pros

Great benefit package, many long term employees, innovative use of technology

Cons

Executive Leadership was ineffective in addressing field management turnover. The acquisition strategy often failed due to a haphazard customer integration that resulted in missed deliveries, inaccurate billing, unexpected price increases and ultimately deep customer losses. Long before diversification with midstream and logistics company acquisitions, the company was scrambling to reduce customer churn.

"Fun Place to Work"

Former Employee - Logistics Assistant in Lexington-Fayette, KY
    Former Employee - Logistics Assistant in Lexington-Fayette, KY

I worked at Ferrellgas Partners part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Some of the best customer service specialists in the business!!! We went above and beyond to make our customers love us!!

Cons

Due to winter conditions in Eastern Ky, it was sometimes difficult to convince customers to let us know BEFORE they ran out of gas...in a harsh winter it could possible take up to 2 weeks to get them their product because of the road conditions in that area. Also in a mild winter, a Seasonal employee could be out of a job long before it had been planned.

Advice to Management

We just keep up the great work to make our customers happy and make Ferrellgas the premiere in the Liquid Propane industry!

9. "Pretty good place to work"

Pros

Good benefits and a friendly atmosphere.

Cons

Management doesn't acknowledge good work, always points out the negative. Raises aren't sufficient. No room for advancement.

Advice to Management

Treat you underlies better, praise work well done.

10. "Not one of the Best places to work"

Pros

Benefits, Employee Owned, ESOP Plan

Cons

Not enough staff. In some area employees do the work of 3 or 4 people while others areas don't even perform a full time workload.. Dedication & doing a good job is rewarded with additional work load, yet no added compensation. Layoffs following "bad winters". No loyalty to dedicated long term employees. There is a definite pattern of eliminating older (by age) and long tenured employees without even giving them an option to take another open position within the company.

Advice to Management

When you "eliminate" someone's position, if other openings are available, you should at least make the offer of that position available to the employee before just casting them out.

11. "Good Company"

Pros

Good companies you, good benefits, decent pay.

Cons

Environment and culture much like high school. The employees formed cliques and exhibit unprofessional behavior which made it a difficult professional environment to work in. There were 2 huge layoffs in the last 5 years.

Advice to Management

Upper management was great. Lower level managers should be a little more welcoming and approachable to new employees. Look into hiring a more culturally diverse population.