Ferrellgas Partners Reviews | Glassdoor

Ferrellgas Partners Reviews

Updated November 21, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great benefits, great group of coworkers (in 12 reviews)

• Good benefits and a friendly atmosphere (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • full time hours part time bemefits (in 4 reviews)

• Generally low pay with excessive expectations (in 4 reviews)

"Don't Bother"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

I worked at Ferrellgas Partners full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

There once were some, but do not matter when the end game is treating people like garbage.

Cons

Too many to list, work somewhere else.

Advice to Management

Resign

"No Redeeming Qualities at All"

Former Employee - Customer Specialist in Three Bridges, NJ
    Former Employee - Customer Specialist in Three Bridges, NJ

I worked at Ferrellgas Partners full-time (More than a year)

Pros

None, nothing, nada. I got paid that is it. Had 7 bosses in the 2 and a half years I worked there. That is not a Pro but I am required to write 20 words in this box.

Cons

Office was dirty and unsanitary. Mold was on the ceiling and in the bathrooms. Toilets flushed on their own! Management would not even pay for a new chain and I had to fix it with paperclips! No training! I was paid hourly and to work Mon. - Fri., unexpectedly in the winter they decided to mandate weekends. I obtained over 100k in outstanding Gov. invoices with no pat on the back let alone bonus. No one seemed to care that I worked hard and tried to make it a better place. Thus I moved on. Have a wonderful job and appreciative boss!

Advice to Management

A beautiful headquarters is nice for those that work there but you should spread the wealth amongst the full company. Your service centers are your bread and butter so you should update them and care about those employees every bit as much as those at the home.

3. "Plant Supervisor"

Pros

Summer vacations and
    Day time Shift

Cons

Back stabbing employees and management

Advice to Management

Quit getting rid of good employees

4. "Position"

I worked at Ferrellgas Partners full-time

Pros

Customers, Co workers, Pay, Position

Cons

Not enough training. Supervisor is a do as I say, not as I do, supervisor. Supervisor says one thing one day, then something else another day. Instructions are not consistent. Supervisor is"your friend and likes you, until, you have gone through "training" such as it is. Then the supervisor is on your butt daily. If you have a family emergency, the supervisor is not sympathetic. The supervisor, expects you to work, not matter what the emergency is. None of the employees likes the supervisor.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the supervisor. All the employees will like their jobs better, and will like working at Ferrell Gas.

5. "Unorganized Management Team"

Pros

Ferrellgas Propane delivery drivers are the backbone of this company.

Cons

Unorganized, Unprofesssional, & Unsuccessful Management Team whom are Uninterested in their employees.

"Look for work else where"

Former Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Kansas City, KS
    Former Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Kansas City, KS

I worked at Ferrellgas Partners full-time

Pros

Great place to work if you have no career goals, have no desire to be able to move up in a company and have other means of financial support. The biggest perk of the job is lack of supervision and involvement with upper management which allows plenty of time to be on Facebook all day.

Cons

Your job is dependent on the weather so if it is a mild winter you will want to start looking for another job before they cut your position. Annual raises and bonuses are also dependent on the weather not your actual job performance.

Management has too much going on to care about their employees. The company is constantly hiring and firing. The company dynamic changes almost quarterly. The company as a whole is very unorganized, unprofessional and incompetent. Effective communication is not valued between employees or customers

Do not waste your time. Do not work here.

Advice to Management

Value your employees. Stop lying to customers.

"Revolving Door Due to Management"

Former Employee - Level III Service Technician in Steamboat Springs, CO
    Former Employee - Level III Service Technician in Steamboat Springs, CO

I worked at Ferrellgas Partners full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Independent work if you are not a people person

Cons

The turnover is high with this company as they do not offer much in the way career development. Equipment is poorly maintained and when you are in a truck all day doing service work or delivery in the propane industry it gets old having to deal with breakdowns. Management is not very honest or responsive to requests. I was lied to about salary bump and confronted upper level managers regarding immediate manager. If you are desperate for work they are hiring often due to high turnover, at least in my region it was.

Advice to Management

Update your equipment. Do not force employees to be on call. Take volunteers for on call hours and offer something, anything, like a little bonus for each call out. You are so cheap when it comes to your labor so you should not wonder why you have high turnover at your Steamboat Springs, CO office. Your manager there has seen over 30 drivers and over 30 customer service reps come and go under his tenure. Perhaps your company is not as bad as this one office but based on my experience with his immediate supervisor, who you promoted, I don't doubt you have bigger problems to solve at this point like replacing Steven Wambold.

8. "Accounting"

I worked at Ferrellgas Partners full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Discount on FG/Blue Rhino Products

Cons

Need to update their use of technology

"High turnover"

Former Employee - Operations Manager in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Operations Manager in Austin, TX

I worked at Ferrellgas Partners full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people that worked for me!

Cons

You were doing the job of 3 people. Very very very stressful!

Advice to Management

Delegate.

"Good money for management not for the hard worker"

Former Employee - Truck Driver in Haysville, KS
    Former Employee - Truck Driver in Haysville, KS

I worked at Ferrellgas Partners (More than a year)

Pros

Overtime in summer months period

Cons

Management gets bonuses meanwhile the hard worker living check to check. Get rid of the esop and give it as bonuses every quarter so everyone gets regardless of length of service. Good at adjusting my time and taking away hours I worked. Ferrellgas be having BBQ dinners every month while the blue rhino side don't stop treating us like a red headed step child company. Pay your workers better. Thank your workers since you get bonuses off their hard work.

Advice to Management

Hire new management get rid of the old and teach them that they are only as good as their delivery drivers.