Fetch! Pet Care Reviews | Glassdoor

1. "Pet care provider"

Current Employee - Pet Care Provider in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Pet Care Provider in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Fetch! Pet Care part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Easy to schedule, don't feel obligated to take jobs if unavailable, positive interactions with staff, and great pets!

Cons

Pay rate could be better, not reimbursed for travel time, customers not obligated to tip no matter how many times you have provided a service or how reliable you are, etc.

Advice to Management

More competitive payment for employees, and possible travel compensation for travel time.

Apr 24, 2017 – Vice President of Company Operations

Thank you for your feedback! Direct communication from our employees is important and what we use to make a better work environment for our entire team.

"Fetch Care Employee"

Current Employee - Pet Care Specialist in Birmingham, AL
    Current Employee - Pet Care Specialist in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at Fetch! Pet Care part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I love pets and what more is important than providing alittle love and care for all animals when their owners have to be away from them. Pets give you unconditional love and love the care, walks, feeding as they have to be away from their owners from time to time. Fetch staff is very well organized and you can work with them to help others with your schedule as needed. In my opinion Fetch Pet Care is the best company to work for by far and always helps you achieve the best care for your pet and extra service such as watering plants, checking your mail and anything else while you are away from your furry loved ones at no extra charge!

Cons

There are no cons with Fetch Pet Care. It is an excellent place to work!

"Fetch FETCH!!!"

Current Employee - Pet Care Associate in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Pet Care Associate in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Fetch! Pet Care part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexibility and wonderful people to work with

Cons

Thunderstorms are hard to deal with in this business.

Advice to Management

Compensate for parking when necessary

Apr 7, 2017 – Vice President of Company Operations

We appreciate your feedback and will continue to work hard on your behalf to ensure we provide a fun and productive experience. Thank you! PS: we agree that thunderstorms are terrible!

4. "Fetch - An Ideal Second Career for the Retired Person"

Current Employee - Pet Care Provider in Birmingham, AL
    Current Employee - Pet Care Provider in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at Fetch! Pet Care part-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Fetch management has always made it clear that my safety and well being is of primary importance and trusts my judgment about any issue that comes up related to my work.

Flexibility - I am retired but work out of necessity. However, Fetch makes it possible for me to take a few days off for family trips or other activities without making me feel guilty about it. I love that I have a really busy schedule especially during the holidays and summer but also have some slack times which allows me to focus on personal things in my life.

One of the biggest pros are the wonderful clients and their pets that I get to sit for. I have worked for Fetch quite some time and have long time clients. They show appreciation in many ways for my efforts to care for their pets and respect me as a professional.

A way to stay active (physically and mentally) in my senior years and yet avoid the stress and confinement of an office job. I love the traveling and the different dogs/cats/other critters I get to know.

I like getting the client feedback too that the Fetch staff share with me.

I especially have been happy with bi-weekly pay days instead of once a month and being an employee with the state and federal taxes being deducted versus being a contractor.

I appreciate the tee-shirts, key id tools, and business cards Fetch supplies me with.

Cons

When gas prices skyrocket, it becomes financially stressful since sitters must provide their own transportation including gas. Client tips have helped a lot to offset that but not all clients tip.

Not having an alternate sitter familiar with the pets and client named for each client .causes concern. It is understandable that a client will want the sitter they and their pets are familiar with but sometimes I have overbooked myself to accommodate that. It is best to have an alternate already named and familiar with the client and pets to ease that stress.

My primary concern is clients who have dog(s) inside and they will only book a morning and evening visit. I believe a dog confined like that should have at least 3 visits a day to ease their stress related to their family being away. I have often done a short mid-day visit on my own because it worries me that they go 12 hours between visits. Perhaps we could offer a 15 minute mini break for half cost or just encourage clients to book 3 visits for dogs that are confined inside.

Advice to Management

Not sure how practical it is to do now but some way that sitters in a specific area can occasionally meet one another and work on things like recruiting alternate sitters for clients.

Review the cost split for overnight sitting with a higher percent going to the sitter.. It is a juggling act to take care of my home and pets and stay overnight with clients' pets - it is more work than just sleeping at a client's house. I do light housekeeping (client's never have to clean up after me), I remove trash, bring in mail, and spend lots of time interacting with their pets.

Apr 10, 2017 – Vice President of Company Operations

5. "Petsitter"

Current Employee - Petsitter in Birmingham, AL
    Current Employee - Petsitter in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at Fetch! Pet Care part-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I have been a petsitter for Fetch for over 8 years and love it! I take jobs I want and really have the opportunity to bond with my clients. Working for Fetch makes me happy!

Cons

I get too attached to my clients. In those 8 years, several of my clients have died and it affects me greatly when it happens.

Apr 10, 2017 – Vice President of Company Operations

"Enjoyable clients and colleagues"

Current Employee - Pet Sitter in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Pet Sitter in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Fetch! Pet Care part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You get to choose your schedule. You pick what clients to work for, meet the owners initially and then off to have fun with the fur babies! When I hurt my wrist (non-work related), the company called to make sure I was ok. Little tokens like that go a long way!
    You get paid a little extra on major holidays.
    Management actively seeks out input from employees.

Cons

You have to be committed. It's sometimes difficult to find a backup sitter last minute.

Advice to Management

Have more get together sessions with other sitters to feel like a team effort.

Apr 7, 2017 – Vice President of Company Operations

We appreciate your feedback and have passed this along to the local franchise owner. Thank you!

7. "Room for improvement."

Current Employee - Pet Sitter in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Pet Sitter in New York, NY

I have been working at Fetch! Pet Care part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible and good communication between team and office.

Cons

I wish I could make more $$$. I wish I had a better workflow.

Advice to Management

I wish loyalty and good performances were a little more rewarded through perhaps promotions and raises! Thank you.

Apr 24, 2017 – Vice President of Company Operations

8. "Only Care About Company Profit"

Current Employee - Professional Sitter in Birmingham, AL
    Current Employee - Professional Sitter in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at Fetch! Pet Care part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I love working with animals and meeting new people so this has been a perfect part time job. I meet a lot of nice people who are very thoughtful. They are at my mercy to care for their babies when away so I put forth every effort to accommodate. Unfortunately, Fetch charges a premium rate so, often, the client my not have the resources to leave a tip on top of that. I do not mind!

Cons

Management/CEO does not care about employee or client. All they care about is their profit. Manger totally ridiculous and a total hot head! I have received some of the most unprofessional emails from management. Also, I have asked about training for employees which they totally refuse. Some of their employees have never owned or cared for any animal so they would have no idea what to do in case of emergency. Management knows their only liability is cost to replace the pet if something were to happen. Management hires individuals off of Internet social web pages and/or craigslist. Most just looking for a quick $. I would highly suggest looking at social media of sitter assigned to you, along with their friends on Facebook. Yes, fetch insures/bond but that does not mean sitter will not make a copy of your key and handout/sale your security code or other private information to a friend of theirs. I would also suggest holding your mail until you return. They offer "professional pet services" and charge a premium rate. Unfortunately, it's rare that the client receives what they pay for. Also, they may double or triple book one sitter for overnight care (12 hours) or almost overnight care (3 hrs). I'll leave the math to you and you can decide if you are getting what you pay for, as a client. Personally, I would not be happy!

Advice to Management

Be professional. CEO of this corporation should wake up and take note of your management. Unfortunately, may be too late.

Apr 7, 2017 – Vice President of Company Operations

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on your employee experience and our processes. We have added technology to provide more accountability to our clients and for our employees to ensure ... More

"Total scam"

Former Employee - Pet Care Provider in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Pet Care Provider in Washington, DC

Pros

The actual dog walking is the only good thing about this job. The clients are usually nice people as well (but not nice enough to give you a tip).

Cons

- The pay is terrible. For as much time as you need to spend getting to and from clients, and coordinating with other sitters to hand off keys, it is not worth it. At the Washington DC location, pay comes out $8.70 (Before tax!) for you to schlep your way out there, walk a mile with a dog for 30 min, and get back home or wherever you need to go next. Basically, you are doing all the work, and get paid peanuts.

- When I have tried to coordinate with other sitters to drop off or get keys, it has always been a huge inconvenience. You won't be compensated for this.

- If a client is going on vacation, and you are the one who did the consult, they will force you to work that client for the entire period because you are the one who actually met the client.

- I have never received a tip from a client.

Just a little icing on the cake, they expect you to buy key chain labels for all your keys. Buying 4 labels costs about 9 dollars at the hardware store, which is more than you will get paid for one walk.

If you are looking to just make a little extra money, or you are a college student with a hectic schedule, just go wait tables at a restaurant over the weekend, you will make more money doing that for just over the weekend than you will working for Fetch. I wouldn't recommend this job to anyone.

Advice to Management

Pay your sitters more. We do literally all the work (including meeting the client, coordinating keys with other sitters, getting to and from the locations, and actually taking care of the pets.

Apr 7, 2017 – Vice President of Company Operations

Thank you for sharing feedback on your employment with Fetch! Pet Care. Our Pet Care Providers are our greatest asset so we take their experience and compensation very seriously. - Our entire ... More

"I really enjoy working for Fetch!"

Current Employee - Dog Walker/Pet Sitter in Mebane, NC
    Current Employee - Dog Walker/Pet Sitter in Mebane, NC

I have been working at Fetch! Pet Care part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They find the jobs for me, provide the advertising ane infrastructure to handle payments, scheduling, send me a daily schedule, they have insurance against any mishaps that are related to the pet. If something goes wrong, you can call and get back up. All clients are within a reasonable drive. I have the option of declining a client for any reason. They will find another sitter.

Cons

When I first signed up the franchise in this area was new so it took a while to get a good customer base, but that is going to be how it is with any new franchise.

Advice to Management

It's what I expected, I can't think of any advice.